Hot Take: I believe the 8/10 from IGN & Gamespot were justified based on what's being discussed about Spider-Man 2 🤷

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm atheist , I was only asking because you're Irish & Ireland is very Catholic (I've got rosarys tattooed on my neck / chest only because Ive always liked how they look though 🤣)

It's not very religious anymore here, there was a massive change over the past 20 years and especially last 10 years.

Particularly due to many scandals.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Dont these devs usually change the game for specific regions to get them approved to be sold? I know spiderman 2 had to be changed in saudi arabia. Just go buy that version if it triggers you so much
It is call localization.

I bought a bunch of english/american games and they change the voiceover using some anime voice actors, except they didn't put the original english voice in it

The voiceover are so fking awful, it is so high pitched kiddy bullshit. So I play those games without voiceover. Idk why would they do that though

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It's not very religious anymore here, there was a massive change over the past 20 years and especially last 10 years.

Particularly due to many scandals.
The countries divided because of Catholicism isn't it like half the country are traditional & the other half believe in divorce which Henry the 8th changed because he couldn't behead one of his wives 🤣

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The countries divided because of Catholicism isn't it like half the country are traditional & the other half believe in divorce which Henry the 8th changed because he couldn't behead one of his wives 🤣

Naaa, it used to be a little like that.

Now divorce is common...I would say only the very oldest generations are still religious in any significant way.

It's also become very mixed here, many people come here to live from other countries. Young Irish people leave the country usually too...
So there are relatively few young Irish people staying.

It's a very progressive country and highly influenced by California, big tech has a massive presence here... Microsoft HQ for Europe, Google, Twitter, Intel, Apple HQ for Europe, Data centers....

It's very different to how it was even 20 years ago.

Realisitically, I'd say only 30% are really religious. Many will say they are Catholic on a census but they are not practicing.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Now divorce is common...I would say only the very oldest generations are still religious in any significant way.

It's also become very mixed here, many people come here to live from other countries. Young Irish people leave the country usually too...

It's a very progressive country and highly influenced by California, big tech has a massive presence here... Microsoft HQ for Europe, Google, Twitter, Intel, Apple HQ for Europe, Data centers....

Realisitically, I'd say only 30% are really religious. Many will say they are Catholic on a census but they are not practicing.
that's what ireland gets for being a tax shelter for billion dollar corpos lol

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Never been there only thing I know about Ireland is from father Ted 🤣 (one of the best comedy's ever) my first gf was Irish aswell lol Oh & I found out not too long ago the song 'zombie' (great song) Is about the IRA

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Never been there only thing I know about Ireland is from father Ted 🤣 (one of the best comedy's ever) my first gf was Irish aswell lol Oh & I found out not too long ago the song 'zombie' (great song) Is about the IRA

Well, Zombie is about "The Troubles" which is just the violence that happened in The North in general. The Cranberries all live close to me and Dolores who was the singer, her old house is about 5 minutes drive from me.

Father Ted is great, same writer, an Irish guy, wrote IT crowd and Black Books too.

father ted horror GIF

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Well, Zombie is about "The Troubles" which is just the violence that happened in The North in general. The Cranberries all live close to me and Dolores who was the singer, her old house is about 5 minutes drive from me.

Father Ted is great, same writer, an Irish guy, wrote IT crowd and Black Books too.

father ted horror GIF
That's awesome great band real shame about the lead singer she was supposed to reprise her vocals for the bad wolves cover (it's really good) but unfortunately she passed away & yeah I know he wrote the IT crowd that's also one of the best comedy's ever I thought he was English though

• Shake

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That's awesome great band real shame about the lead singer she was supposed to reprise her vocals for the bad wolves cover (it's really good) but unfortunately she passed away & yeah I know he wrote the IT crowd that's also one of the best comedy's ever I thought he was English though

Yeah, Graham Linehan is from Ireland but lives in London now, I believe.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I think many countries started on the basis of religions and slowly deviate for it.

Feudal China started on the basis of Confuciusism, Roman started on Judaism, Ireland started on Catholism, Russian Empire, Kyiv and many Eastern European countries based on Orthodox. United States also built based on Christianity

Mao, Stalian tries getting rid of religions and it is clear it not worked for them. Arabic countries codified Qaran into the laws and women become opporessed

Some people says that aethism is the problem and other says religions are the the problem. Eh I think there should be a balance between it, maybe it affects your morality and positivity but don't impose it on others.

Religions should be free to practiced but should not be eradicated or taking over states's policy.

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think many countries started on the basis of religions and slowly deviate for it.

Feudal China started on the basis of Confuciusism, Roman started on Judaism, Ireland started on Catholism, Russian Empire, Kyiv and many Eastern European countries based on Orthodox. United States also built based on Christianity

Mao, Stalian tries getting rid of religions and it is clear it not worked for them. Arabic countries codified Qaran into the laws and women become opporessed

Some people says that aethism is the problem and other says religions are the the problem. Eh I think there should be a balance between it, maybe it affects your morality and positivity but don't impose it on others.

Religions should be free to practiced but should not be eradicated or taking over states's policy.

Different strokes for different folks, some people thrive with the guidance and spirituality of religion, others thrive with a less traditional mindset...

I try not to judge but it's obvious to me that nobody has all the answers. I try to just be a humble human... that loves PlayStation! ;)

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Confuciusism? I've never heard of that

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Different strokes for different folks, some people thrive with the guidance and spirituality of religion, others thrive with a less traditional mindset...

I try not to judge but it's obvious to me that nobody has all the answers. I try to just be a humble human... that loves PlayStation! ;)
PS is our religion, now we need another crusade to eradicate green rats and take back our holy land.
PeuS Vult!