How many concurrent players will God Of War Ragnarok have on Steam?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Because that could negatively affect their console business, unlike what is happening from PC.

And well, the PC userbase, specially in emerging markets where they want to expand like Asia, is huge. So Sony uses PC to expand their brands. The Xbox userbase is pretty small and wouldn't help them to grow a lot.
We saw PS5 sales explode in China due to Wukong... I don't see why they should give up potential massive growth just to support other storefronts.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No it didn't. It sold less than 1 million in 3 months (971k). This is an official figure from Sony, they even made a chart. You're inflating the PC numbers as usual with your bullshit.

Horizon was also less at 2.4 millions and Days Gone only 852k. They didn't sell another million of Horizon on PC after 2022 the game disappeared from any chart. BS numbers.

I thought the previous Insomniac leaked numbers I posted were from February 2022 from memory, but they were from February 2023 instead. My fault. Just went to double check it:

"February 2023.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - 3.3M
  • God Of War - 2.5m
  • Days Gone - 1.7m
  • Spider-Man Remastered - 1.3m
  • Uncharted - 483.2k
  • Miles Morales - 450.2K
  • Sackboy - 62.9k"
https://gameworldobserver.com/2023/12/19/playstation-pc-game-sales-leak-insomniac-budgets-roi

These February 2023 leaked numbers perfectly match with the March 2022 numbers you posted.

We saw PS5 sales explode in China due to Wukong... I don't see why they should give up potential massive growth just to support other storefronts.
Sony gets 70-80% of the sales they do in these other storefronts. And most PC players are in these storefronts and don't like to buy in other ones. For their PC storefront to be successful, they need to have first a big PC fanbase to access these players to steal them later.

To build a PC storefront isn't cheap. So they first create their PC fanbase, and later once it's big enough with part of these profits they create their own storefront. That storefront will also need a time of filling with games, particularly 1st and 3rd party to slowly migrate their PC userbase from other PC stores to there.

Most Chinese users are on PC and mobile. By supporting these local games -mostly played in PC like Wukong or in mobile like Mihoyo- Sony gets more popular in China, and also their console. So the console sales grow there.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
I'd like to know in what universe PC ports are costing 2 - 3 million dollars 🤣... Are we in 1997?
Also I can't imagine them being anything more than 10m a pop

All of the assets are completed. The game runs on the same architecture as most PCs. All you'd have to do is get it working with MS APIs like DirectX.

Literal hobbyists port games like Mario 64 to all sorts of platforms. No fuckin shot that it's somehow some 50m expenditure that needs 2m sales to break even

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I thought the previous Insomniac leaked numbers I posted were from February 2022 from memory, but they were from February 2023 instead. My fault. Just went to double check it:

"February 2023.
  • God Of War - 2.5m
  • Days Gone - 1.7m
  • Uncharted - 483.2k
  • Miles Morales - 450.2K
  • Sackboy - 62.9k"

Those numbers are wrong too. They are just a few months later, it's impossible they sold more than double of God of War PC after the first 4 months. The game wasn't that high anywhere. It would top NPD for months if it was true. Double Days Gone, over a million for Horizon. It's impossible.

Are you going to believe leak BS numbers or official numbers Sony made in their own investors report? 🤡

Those numbers are probably the revenue they made from their flop ports, not unit sales.

Reactions: arvfab

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

All of the assets are completed. The game runs on the same architecture as most PCs. All you'd have to do is get it working with MS APIs like DirectX.

Literal hobbyists port games like Mario 64 to all sorts of platforms. No fuckin shot that it's somehow some 50m expenditure that needs 2m sales to break even
If memory serves me right I recall the Spiderman PC port costing around 20 million 🤔

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
If memory serves me right I recall the Spiderman PC port costing around 20 million 🤔
HELL fuckin nah. Are you mario from mario odyssey? That's the biggest fucking cap I've ever seen
Literal quote from someone else on the site

PC Ports budgets (as of Feb 2023):

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart PC Port: $2.5 million
  • FY21: $0.1 million
  • FY22: $0.9 million
  • FY23: $1.6 million
Spider-Man Remastered PC Port: $2.3 million
  • FY21: $0.4 million
  • FY22: $1.9 million
  • FY23: $0.0 million.
Spider-Man Miles Morales PC Port: $1.5 million
  • FY21: $0.2 million
  • FY22: $1.2 million
Spider-Man 2 PC Port: $4.6 million
  • FY22: $0.0 million
  • FY23: $0.6 million
  • FY24: $4.0 million
  • FY25: $0.0 million
Wolverine PC Port: $4.0 million
  • FY26: $2.0 million
  • FY27: $2.0 million
Spider-Man 3 PC Port:
  • FY27: $7.0 million
Spider-Man 2 PC Port is listed for FY25, which is the period between April 2025 to March 2026.

Source - Installbase Forum
Cheap shit

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Those numbers are wrong too. They are just a few months later, it's impossible they sold more than double of God of War PC after the first 4 months. The game wasn't that high anywhere. It would top NPD for months if it was true. Double Days Gone, over a million for Horizon. It's impossible.

Are you going to believe leak BS numbers or official numbers Sony made in their own investors report? 🤡

Those numbers are probably the revenue they made from their flop ports, not unit sales.
You don't liking sales numbers doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means you don't like them, and if you don't accept them, maybe says more about you than about them.

They are real sales numbers (not revenue) from leaked Insomniac documents we doublechecked back then that came from the leak. We saw that a ton of other info from the leak was real and none of it was proven fake. So these numbers must be real too.

Games -specially in PC- keep selling over years, specially when discounted. In the case of these games sales are even less focused on their early couple of months because their are expensive full priced ports of old games, so people waits -even more than in case of new games- until they get discounted.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They are real sales numbers (not revenue) from leaked Insomniac documents we doublechecked back then that came from the leak. We saw that a ton of other info from the leak was real and none of it was fake. So these numbers must be real too.
You live in fantasyland if you think GOW sold 1.6 millions in 6 months if it only sold 971k the first 3 months (OFFICIAL NUMBER FROM SONY). Probably on the Epic store in that planet you live on.

How do you explain Days Gone selling double? Even at $2 it wouldn't sell that much.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

"February 2023.
  • God Of War - 2.5m
  • Days Gone - 1.7m
  • Uncharted - 483.2k
  • Miles Morales - 450.2K
  • Sackboy - 62.9k"
https://gameworldobserver.com/2023/12/19/playstation-pc-game-sales-leak-insomniac-budgets-roi

These February 2023 leaked numbers perfectly match with the March 2022 numbers you posted.

Sony gets 70-80% of the sales they do in these other storefronts. And most PC players are in these storefronts and don't like to buy in other ones. For their PC storefront to be successful, they need to have first a big PC fanbase to access these players to steal them later.

To build a PC storefront isn't cheap. So they first create their PC fanbase, and later once it's big enough with part of these profits they create their own storefront. That storefront will also need a time of filling with games, particularly 1st and 3rd party to slowly migrate their PC userbase from other PC stores to there.

Most Chinese users are on PC and mobile. By supporting these local games -mostly played in PC like Wukong or in mobile like Mihoyo- Sony gets more popular in China, and also their console. So the console sales grow there.
They wouldn't even sign up to PSN for free... Why would anyone think they'd move to another store?

Might as well stay console only.

24 Jun 2022

It does need that (and potentially more) if there were lost sales on console due to people waiting for a PC version.

Which has been happening gradually more and more with many games getting very expected late PC ports, including SIE's titles. And we saw this in bigger effect with FF XVI and Rebirth, as Square-Enix (with or without SIE's help we don't know) basically went out of their way to tell players "Hey, don't buy this on PS5 right now because we're gonna start talking about and mentioning the PC version before the PS5 version even ships!"

Then they wonder why they missed sales targets (among other reasons) :/

You don't liking sales numbers doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means you don't like them, and if you don't accept them, maybe says more about you than about them.

They are real sales numbers (not revenue) from leaked Insomniac documents we doublechecked back then that came from the leak. We saw that a ton of other info from the leak was real and none of it was proven fake. So these numbers must be real too.

Games -specially in PC- keep selling over years, specially when discounted. In the case of these games sales are even less focused on their early couple of months because their are expensive full priced ports of old games, so people waits -even more than in case of new games- until they get discounted.

When a company needs 2-4 buyers on PC to equal the revenue generated from a single buyer on console, then that should tell you a lot right there. What we know for a fact is that this past FY, SIE generated ~ $700 million in "non-PlayStation" software revenue, but did not specify that between Steam, GOG, EGS, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch. And the FY prior, they missed their $250 million target by $50 million specific to PC.

Missing the FY 2022 PC revenue target and bundling in PC FY 2023 revenue with other platforms would at least suggest the growth on PC was not to initial FY 2023 PC revenue targets, due to several other underperformers offsetting whatever gains Helldivers 2 made in the two months before their 2023 FY closing.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Y u think we wanna kill PS?

Don't most PC gamers also own a PlayStation as well?
Because you can see it all over the internet lol. Obviously not all PC gamers feel that way but alot of PC gamers.

The amount of FUD and attempts to put PS in a negative light or that there projects are failures has overwhelming these last few years. More so since

Ive seen it with my close friend and brother who were former PS fans. They claim to be now because they have a PS5 but they are PC gamers and always sharing shit about PS via online. Every conversation about VG ends up being negative about PS. They dont bother anymore cause I call em out and pretty badly.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
The amount of FUD and attempts to put PS in a negative light or that there projects are failures has overwhelming these last few years.
You don't think this might just be because negativity sells? And Playstation may have actually made some missteps along the way? It doesn't mean people want the brand gone.

I feel like you guys are lost in the sauce and genuinely think that people have this burning hatred for all things Playstation.Which isn't true because the console and the games are selling. Not everything on the net is astroturfed and not everybody is an Xbox/Valve fanboy. This victim mentality over one of the most successful consoles brands feels like conspiracy theory shit.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You don't think this might just be because negativity sells? And Playstation may have actually made some missteps along the way? It doesn't mean people want the brand gone.

I feel like you guys are lost in the sauce and genuinely think that people have this burning hatred for all things Playstation.Which isn't true because the console and the games are selling. Not everything on the net is astroturfed and not everybody is an Xbox/Valve fanboy. This victim mentality over one of the most successful consoles brands feels like conspiracy theory shit.

Miss steps for sure which deserve criticism for. But its more than just that.

Its not victimhood lol. I didnt say everyone and obviously Playstation sells and is one of the most popular video game brands out there. But theres an obvious agenda against PS by Xbox and Valve fanboys and media.

Do you look at twitter, instagram, facebook posts? Do you see forums?

PS fans boys feel the same way about PC and Xbox, its not 1 way. There is just alot more negative articles on PS then XBox and Valce.
Xbox who is on its way out, alot of media lump PS into the whole “consoles and games” industry is suffering etc

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Only 11,530 that shit is flopping bad 😬

They will struggle to sell 500k at this rate after selling 15 millions on PS 😬

They sell the same amount in a weekend on PSN 🤭
Concurrent Players are not estimates for total sales.

for the record I completely forgot this game was coming to PC, wanna know why? Suffering the same problem FF16 did, NO ADVERTISEMENTS. If you want Sony to do extremely well on PC, they should release the one thing PC has been asking for, for literal years. Bloodborne. That would be their golden ticket, but they want to sit around and do nothing with the IP, they would prefer it to die rather than do anything with it. People are literally emulating the game because of Sony's inaction and they can't blame anyone but themselves, Bloodborne doesn't even have a PS5 port, it's just backwards compatible.

also, Sony is requiring a PSN account, which further limits the amount of people who can actually buy and play the game, remember the whole HD2 fiasco? It's that all over again but instead of selling and then taking it away, they did it from the start.

look at all these packages and the countries they are restricted in, obviously publishers have Global, Worldwide, RoW, etc. but some countries don't have any options to buy them!

sidenote, its at 14.7k now, just broke peak again.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Concurrent Players are not estimates for total sales.

for the record I completely forgot this game was coming to PC, wanna know why? Suffering the same problem FF16 did, NO ADVERTISEMENTS. If you want Sony to extremely well on PC, they should release the one thing PC has been asking for, for literal years. Bloodborne. That would be their golden ticket, but they want to sit around and do nothing with the IP, they would prefer it to die rather than do anything with it. People are literally emulating the game because of Sony's inaction and they can't blame anyone but themselves, Bloodborne doesn't even have a PS5 port, it's just backwards compatible.

also, Sony is requiring a PSN account, which further limits the amount of people who can actually buy and play the game, remember the whole HD2 fiasco? It's that all over again but instead of selling and then taking it away, they did it from the start.

sidenote, its at 14.7k now, just broke peak again.

Oh there not? See it all the time as an argument to why a game is failing..