How many concurrent players will God Of War Ragnarok have on Steam?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
If the sales are stagnant and selling less with each release, what is the point of making these small peanuts?

It's not growing the brand or giving them more prestige. It is actually the source of all their misery and endless PR disasters. They lose their relevance with each new release.
what proof do you have that has them selling less with each release on PC? GoW:R is #1 in Top Sellers Global as we speak, that doesn't sound like it's gonna sell less to me, it's still breaking it's peak as more people get the game installed and booted up.

GoT estimates are 700k-1.4M owners
HFW estimates are 330k-500k owners
HD2 estimates are a whopping 6M-12M owners

It all depends on the game it seems.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well in my case I powered through HZD ubisoftian design thanksto its visuals and most of all the story which was pretty intriguing, even if the characters were meh or plain dislikeable.

Seems HFW improved further on graphics and melee combat but the story is not as strong.
For me the combat made a difference to other open world games. Ubisoft hasnt made anything like it when it comes to combar. Lore was intriguing too.

Agree on characters and also story for HFW

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
what proof do you have that has them selling less with each release on PC? GoW:R is #1 in Top Sellers Global as we speak, that doesn't sound like it's gonna sell less to me, it's still breaking it's peak as more people get the game installed and booted up.

GoT estimates are 700k-1.4M owners
HFW estimates are 330k-500k owners
HD2 estimates are a whopping 6M-12M owners

It all depends on the game it seems.
For a PC dude you lack any insight into sales numbers and CCU. Low, indie-level CCU doesn't translate to millions of sales 🤡

HFW at 330k-500k is a massive drop. You should be ashamed to brag about this. This is a decline, selling less. What more proof do you need?

Global total seller is irrelevant, Any AAA hits number 1 the first few days. FF16 was number 1 too with that low CCU.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It will have less than god of war 2018 and also because of the psn requirement. God of war 2018 still had that novelty factor to it when it released on pc, Ragnarok doesnt and all of the sp ports have been selling less and less, Hfw sold less and had less players than Hzd did on pc. This won't be any different. 25k-35k at best.
Looks like you were right.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
GWglqkR.png

:ROFLMAO:

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
We have peak!
q9WD4Zr.png

Yikes not even a third compared to the first?
hhmuTPk.png

Yep day and date DESPERATELY needed.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
For a PC dude you lack any insight into sales numbers and CCU. Low, indie-level CCU doesn't translate to millions of sales 🤡

HFW at 330k-500k is a massive drop. You should be ashamed to brag about this. This is a decline, selling less. What more proof do you need?

Global total seller is irrelevant, Any AAA hits number 1 the first few days. FF16 was number 1 too with that low CCU.
go ahead and point out to me where I said HFW was something to brag about, oh wait, you can't. I was listing their estimated ownerships in order of games released. "lack any insight into sales numbers and CCU" I asked you, what proof do you have that has them selling less with each release on PC?

CCU is not an indicator of game sales, it only shows how many people are currently playing the game at the same time. You have no idea about their sale numbers, I know nothing about their sale numbers, Sony doesn't release that information, we only have estimations to go on. It sold less one singular time before GoT came out and curbed your "it's declining with each release" doom and gloom.

Once again, CCU is not a hard-coded indicator that equals the game selling terribly. That number is nothing compared to actual data, and we, as the public, do not have access to said data, unless they release it themselves. Speaking of, FF16 and FF 9 rebirth didn't meet Square's expectations, yet again. (the article mentions the report was BEFORE the release of FF16 on PC)

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
It's absolutely what they deserve. Everything PC related brings negative PR to them and they still refuse to pull the plug. It killed one of their exclusives few weeks back.... Let's see how much Ragnarok sells.
What exactly was "killed?"

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
they think the PC release of Concord contributed to its failure and subsequent delisting
I hope it's not Concord because that was doomed to fail, not because of the "woke" properties that the culture war latched onto but more so the fact it was an uninspired hero shooter that didn't set itself apart enough from the competition, that, including the price tag compared to Overwatch 2's free-to-play system, is what really killed it.

Reactions: TrishaCat

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Doing less CCU doesn't mean selling less game units, specially for full priced ports of old games. These type of games sell over time. We know some of these Sony ports sold over 3M copies as of some time ago, but we don't have GoT sales numbers.

That’s not what I meant.

People can’t be serious talking shit about each pc port doing less when tsushima’s pc port is one of the best selling games of the year. Claiming such is nonsense

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That’s not what I meant.

People can’t be serious talking shit about each pc port doing less when tsushima’s pc port is one of the best selling games of the year. Claiming such is nonsense
And now Ragnarok peaked at 22,967 on launch day and already going down. It will be lucky if it hits HFW, which was already down.

GOT and Helldivers 2 were exceptions for several reasons. It's not normal that GOW Ragnarok is so down. A 94 meta GOTY that sold over 15 millions. The IP has never been stronger, people lost their shit when Valhalla was announced.

We have peak!
q9WD4Zr.png

Yikes not even a third compared to the first?
hhmuTPk.png

Yep day and date DESPERATELY needed.
You are getting your wish with Until Dawn and Lego Horizon. I'm expecting record-breaking CCUs. PC peeps always show up 🤭

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
And now Ragnarok peaked at 22,967 on launch day and already going down. It will be lucky if it hits HFW, which was already down.

GOT and Helldivers 2 were exceptions for several reasons. It's not normal that GOW Ragnarok is so down. A 94 meta GOTY that sold over 15 millions. The IP has never been stronger, people lost their shit when Valhalla was announced.

You are getting your wish with Until Dawn and Lego Horizon. I'm expecting record-breaking CCUs. PC peeps always show up 🤭
PS+Switch = 20 times sales of PC.
Just cut off PC-ports for Singleplayer, and only take the live-service money from them.

Also, add Denuvo to anything, to make the pirates breakdown and learn to pay for their games.