Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Just as Xbox was about to turn the corner and finally reap the fruits of their years of investments and acquisitions to right the wrongs of the Mattrick era. Looking forward to the postmortem deep dive on this because it feels like some new decision makers have come in and decided to just lay waste to what this Xbox division has spent over half of a decade building. I definitely agree with the people thinking this was a Blackrock call because it's a very Blackrock thing to do and I mean that in the worst way.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Jez sources say "some games" whiel others say 'all games" will release on PlayStation

I don’t find it that surprising Xbox is putting more games on PS5 – given its strategy, it always felt like this was something of an inevitability in the future. Though I wasn’t expecting this many this soon (I hear even more are coming than reported)

Acquiescence

2 Oct 2022
Fucking mental that this is what it's come to. All of those people shamelessly cheerleading the acquisition of ABK, we know the real reason why they were doing it. They wanted to see franchises that were formerly multiplatform become exclusive to Xbox/PC. More specifically, they wanted to see PlayStation stripped of those franchises and games. But the MS acquisition of ABK has turned out to be a colossal monkey's paw for those cheerleaders. Microsoft spent 70 billion dollars on that move, at a time when the Xbox brand is deteriorating. At a time when Phil & Co. pinned all their hopes on Starfield exclusivity moving the needle and it did no such thing. Physical media on Xbox is all but dead. GP numbers are stagnating. That acquisition cost a huge amount of money and the Micosoft higher-ups want results, because the gaming division is bleeding money and something needed to be done. And now here we are. Xbox is going multiplatform.

How many of those fanboy sycophants regret rooting for this consolidation to happen now I wonder. What a massive backfire. It's glorious.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Watch Xbox demented fans turn on Sarah Bond instead of Phil Spencer and blame her for all of this.

Imagine showing up with Starfield and Indiana Jones to go against the like of Spider-man, God of War and Final Fantasy...

Cringe Reaction GIF
Of course they will he's put her in that position & the majority of them are racists

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Fucking mental that this is what it's come to. All of those people shamelessly cheerleading the acquisition of ABK, we know the real reason why they were doing it. They wanted to see franchises that were formerly multiplatform become exclusive to Xbox/PC. More specifically, they wanted to see PlayStation stripped of those franchises and games. But the MS acquisition of ABK has turned out to be a colossal monkey's paw for those cheerleaders. Microsoft spent 70 billion dollars on that move, at a time when the Xbox brand is deteriorating. At a time when Phil & Co. pinned all their hopes on Starfield exclusivity moving the needle and it did no such thing. Physical media on Xbox is all but dead. GP numbers are stagnating. That acquisition cost a huge amount of money and the Micosoft higher-ups want results, because the gaming division is bleeding money and something needed to be done. And now here we are. Xbox is going multiplatform.

How many of those fanboy sycophants regret rooting for this consolidation to happen now I wonder. What a massive backfire. It's glorious.
Wait for the announcements.

Glad I held on to my expensive scotch.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Just as Xbox was about to turn the corner and finally reap the fruits of their years of investments and acquisitions to right the wrongs of the Mattrick era. Looking forward to the postmortem deep dive on this because it feels like some new decision makers have come in and decided to just lay waste to what this Xbox division has spent over half of a decade building. I definitely agree with the people thinking this was a Blackrock call because it's a very Blackrock thing to do and I mean that in the worst way.
I think it's more suitable to say this is what they've spent half a decade building. Game publisher, platform agnostic, digital driven. No real reason to keep around the loss leading hardware that doesn't advance any business metrics.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
While evil s defeated this might put idiots at sony in sleep mode. They might cut studios, investing, and just collect royalties from 3p like valve or apple.

And forget about any big acquisitions in future.

DO we have any meltdowns from xboxera?
Nonsense! I think ps management and Sony is going to decide they don’t like money anymore? With Xbox gone they will sell even more hardware as long as there is demand. It probably won’t be as cheap anymore but I don’t care about that. PS didn’t need Xbox around to make it competitive! Just look at the ps1 generation and ps2 generation when Xbox still wasn’t sht. The ps4 generation Xbox was crashing and burning with no games and PlayStation was still providing great games and services. With no Xbox to directly compete against ps will get better not worse. What publisher is going to give Xbox exclusivity or marketing deals when PlayStation is the definitive experince. The future is glorious for ps gamers.

Reactions: Diah

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I love how they even add the "and run better on PS5" bit. That was not mentioned by any leaker anywhere. They just see it coming.
This 🤡 went running back to Xbox when the bought zenimax and abk only for Xbox to die now he has nothing to cap for. He was seriously making several videos a day claim PlayStation was being destroyed by Xbox and Xbox just released new info that was going to end ps 😂 he must be in shock