Internet required to pair disc drive with new PS5

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I love how the green rats crying foul as if their shit box didn't require Internet connection for the first time whether it has a disc drive or not.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You mean laws that big tech lobbied for?
I don't know. Someone in this same thread post the copyright law you can read it.

Also is to set up the drive
Wait until you find out you need Internet to update the console.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You mean laws that big tech lobbied for?
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Will be interesting to see if this is just for movies and if this is even required for games. I also wonder if the models that have the drive pre-attached need this.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I don't know. Someone in this same thread post the copyright law you can read it.

Also is to set up the drive
Wait until you find out you need Internet to update the console.

Perhaps you can explain to me what The reason is for specific disc drives to be put into a game console? That shouldn’t be an issue you just need to put one in to play your discs And updating a game console is a Little different then locking disc drives down to a select few vendors Lmao.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Will be interesting to see if this is just for movies and if this is even required for games. I also wonder if the models that have the drive pre-attached need this.
The process already happens as part of the setup of the disc edition, it’s just invisible. The modular version coming with the drive or not doesn’t change the need for the drive to be registered.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Perhaps you can explain to me what The reason is for specific disc drives to be put into a game console? That shouldn’t be an issue you just need to put one in to play your discs And updating a game console is a Little different then locking disc drives down to a select few vendors Lmao.
To prevent pirating. A 3rd party drive could allow pirated discs to be read, it could inject malicious software, it also could be an SSD pretending to be a disc drive. It’s not rocket science tbh.