Introducing PlayStation Portal remote, Pulse Explore wireless earbuds, PlayStation Pulse Elite wireless headset

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's ok, but they should have used the dualsense edge as a base spec for the controller. I'm not touching this thing if it doesn't have replaceable sticks. $199 is simultaneously better than I though it'd be priced and yet still too much by like $50. That said, the elite headset is actually crazy. If it's a real planar magnetic driver headphones with typical Sony quality then $150 is a very competitive price, those things can get pretty expensive

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's ok, but they should have used the dualsense edge as a base spec for the controller. I'm not touching this thing if it doesn't have replaceable sticks.
I think that's an excellent point.

I've had 3 dualsense get stick drift since launch (so about one a year).

If the build quality of the sticks are the same then the regular ones, then it's basically a 199$ purchase that is only good for one year.

Here's hoping they put Hall effect sticks in there.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Another miss by Failing Ryan and his terrible market research team.

Will get the earbuds though.

But they can kick rocks with these money grabbing lazy products.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Its convenient when you choose to agree with him 😉
I agree with what I agree and disagree with what I disagree... I don't use convinince to agree or disagree... I don't follow that fan logic you guys created for ourselves 🤷‍♂️
But I don't see a lot of disagreement with what he says at all... most are obvious things.

But you are probably talking about FFXVI that from my understand he said the same things that me using others works... the game is not selling well and Square Enix needs to change the model or strategy moving forwards (his words).

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Another miss by Failing Ryan and his terrible market research team.

Will get the earbuds though.

But they can kick rocks with these money grabbing lazy products.
Shit take. Nothing lazy about the products... they appear to be putting a lot of effort into these products to hit a certain price point and target a specific niche and they might be missing the mark entirely, but they are definitely not lazy.

Reactions: Yurinka

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Shit take. Nothing lazy about the products... they appear to be putting a lot of effort into these products to hit a certain price point and target a specific niche and they might be missing the mark entirely, but they are definitely not lazy.
Yes they are lazy.... Are you fucking serious?

Edit: how can you say PS Portal isn't lazy, but own a GPD Win 4 my man? You literally know better from first hand experience?

The product isn't "lazy", it's just not up to scratch considering its landscape of contemporaries. You can say the direction of the product is missing the mark, but I still say that falls under market research laziness/cash grab mentality from PS staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes they are lazy.... Are you fucking serious?

Edit: how can you say PS Portal isn't lazy, but own a GPD Win 4 my man? You literally know better from first hand experience?
i don't see how these products are lazy tbh

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
i don't see how these products are lazy tbh
The product isn't "lazy", it's just not up to scratch considering its landscape of contemporaries. You can say the direction of the product is missing the mark, but I still say that falls under market research laziness/cash grab mentality from PS staff.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Why? It's meant to be used as a companion, not the main machine. It's cheap to produce and it's relatively cheap to buy.
It fits family households and also fits the japanese market, which favors handheld devices. Internet is good enough nowadays to provide good streaming quality (not in the US, it seems, lol)
Tbh, they're on mark.

Reactions: gtjay1982

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Why? It's meant to be used as a companion, not the main machine. It's cheap to produce and it's relatively cheap to buy.
It fits family households and also fits the japanese market, which favors handheld devices. Internet is good enough nowadays to provide good streaming quality (not in the US, it seems, lol)
Tbh, they're on mark.
The net isn't good enough! I'm UK, I'm 5G data, or hardwired PS5 on fiber broadband.

I can sit in the bath, or the same chair in back garden, and fight like fuck for something that worked last night. Try fucking around further from home on public WiFi or phone data and it's even more of a joke. See: https://icon-era.com/posts/141244/

This product is lacking features/is short-sighted in the face of Deck and friends. It serves almost no masters, having been stripped down to remote play in the home only, for all intents and purposes.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Tbh, they're on mark.
tbh the only thing I can think of is that for the price point they should have kept this unreleased until they got PS+ cloud streaming to work on it. At that price it'd be a little more compelling at $200. If they had included an option to use a 6" screen for $150 I would've been tempted to go in on day 1 too.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Let's see how the market reacts to this product then... Lazy barebone product that wasn't needed in its current execution. Keep it.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Why the people find it ok to insult each other for there own personal opinions is beyond me.
Look this product might not look good or be good in your opinion and could be better but for what it is people will buy it.
Like i have said myself i will most likely get one as i can see a use for it.
Be nice, Be better.
Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

Reactions: gtjay1982