Introducing PlayStation Portal remote, Pulse Explore wireless earbuds, PlayStation Pulse Elite wireless headset

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The net isn't good enough! I'm UK, I'm 5G data, or hardwired PS5 on fiber broadband.

I can sit in the bath, or the same chair in back garden, and fight like fuck for something that worked last night. Try fucking around further from home on public WiFi or phone data and it's even more of a joke. See: https://icon-era.com/posts/141244/

This product is lacking features/is short-sighted in the face of Deck and friends. It serves almost no masters, having been stripped down to remote play in the home only, for all intents and purposes.
It's not meant to be used on cellular data, only Wi-Fi.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Correlation is you know nothing and the discourse was the same lmao
Not everyone lives on game forums like you or scour Twitter seeking out other people's opinions to complain about, like you so love to do lol.

My opinion on this half ass product is that?? MY opinion. Lazy product that can't even stream PS4 or PS3 games from my PS+ Premium collection.

Maybe I'll buy one when the inevitable flash sales happens 6 months after launch.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Not everyone lives on game forums like you or scour Twitter seeking out other people's opinions to complain about, like you so love to do lol.

My opinion on this half ass product is that?? MY opinion. Lazy product that can't even stream PS4 or PS3 games from my PS+ Premium collection.

Maybe I'll buy one when the inevitable flash sales happens 6 months after launch.
Hard data shows these accessories sell, it has nothing to do with twitter or forums.

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hard data shows these accessories sell, it has nothing to do with twitter or forums.
You mentioned discourse... Keep up with your incoherent arguement for once. The discourse you spoke of clearly were from gaming spaces... Which I don't even pay attention to again... Unlike you.

Let's see how it sells then.

A Pro PS5 controller would always sell well only an hater would think otherwise... If that was the case. This product? Yeah, good luck..

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I don't think a remote play device is going to sell very well at all.

No definitive battery life was given but the company is targeting something similar to the DualSense controller's

yikes-cringe.gif

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
While I believe the product is very niche... it should reach 200-300k or more sales in the first year.
The product even with some flaws (no OLED, no Bluethooth, no Cloud streaming, etc) seems to be very good.

I don't think it is suppose to be a hit but to give an option as asscessory to these that needs or wants it.
It is a covinicence product.

I can se myself using it playing PS5 game from my bed but I still prefer a Vita like device that can be used as streaming device too.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I am super excited for new gear! I love pulse 3d and I will be happy to upgrade to Elite.
And portal being 200$ is great. I can play my ps5 games all around my toilet and bed. Full real ps5 games with my saves.
I am genuinely thinking this is good. Most handheld use is at home anyway

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I'm telling everyone. Since like 2014-odd, a final "VITA 3.5" revision (after Vita, Vita non oled & VitaTV) with L2, R2, LS, RS. Would have absolutely cleaned up, in terms of digital PStore purchases and the then PSNow streaming, or Remote playing your home console portably. portably. Forget any bullshit about split library support, or prices of storage. The fucking thing wasn't fit for purpose from a hardware perspective.

These dickheads lost like a 10 year lay-up and are now eating paste as they even try to get back to where they were, but now they have to try it in the face of Switch, Deck, GPD Win, and others.

These days, such as Vita not remote playing PS5, or the time for split libraries well and truly past as shown by Switch and then Deck portability, we're not talking "VITA 3.5", but a "PS4 Portable".

Instead, we get half-baked SHIT like PS Portal, that streaming/cooling fan for the phone etc.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
While I believe the product is very niche... it should reach 200-300k or more sales in the first year.
The product even with some flaws (no OLED, no Bluethooth, no Cloud streaming, etc) seems to be very good.

I don't think it is suppose to be a hit but to give an option as asscessory to these that needs or wants it.
It is a covinicence product.

I can se myself using it playing PS5 game from my bed but I still prefer a Vita like device that can be used as streaming device too.

The main purpose of this device s to keep the enthusiast segment of the playstation audience engaged longer in gaming. So even if you can’t use the tv the ps5 is hooked up to you can continue playing games, buying games, and spending money inside games.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
This ability to use the device as a control deck for streaming and second monitor for video editing could be attractive to creators who mainline PS5. I hope Sony squeezes every use case out of this thing.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
This thing will sellout like hotcakes on launch at least, while i think it should priced lower i don't think the price is that bad.

It's perfect for those of us who use remote play.

I don't want to use my phone anymore, as it's killing the battery as i have to charge it more often and notifications are getting in the way.

In the end this is an accessory, it doesn't really need to be selling millions and millions like other handhelds.
This is one thing I don't get. I expect the Portal to be fairly niche, but who wants to kill their phone battery life on a regular basis using their phone?!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Good, PS Portal is cheaper than I expected.

But feels weird to see no cloud gaming support and apparently to require internet connection for Remote Play. I'd have included cloud gaming directly from PS+ servers to PS Portal without using a PS5, and to make (or at least allow an option to) direct PS5 to PS Portal Remote Play without using Internet or a router. But well, I assume these couple of things may be added later with a firmware update.

This product is lacking features/is short-sighted in the face of Deck and friends. It serves almost no masters, having been stripped down to remote play in the home only, for all intents and purposes.
This product also is lacking features compared to a car. But guess what, this product doesn't aim to be a car or a Steam Deck or to compete against them: it's a DualSense with screen for Remote Play instead.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Portal has a 3.5mm headphone jack as well as a small set of speakers that are passable but nothing special.There is no Bluetooth available, so you won’t be able to connect to wireless headphones that way – not even PlayStation’s own Pulse 3D headset.

What a literal piece of trash 🤣