Japanese Petition to Cancel AC Shadows Gets 40,000 Signatures

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
This mf called asscreed a real life historical setting
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Cos it does during it previous game?

Rennainsance, Ottoman, America Revolution, etc complete with actual historical figures in it?

Fuck this place is slowly turning into resetera

That trishacat is a reseter

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No what i dont like is some people here trying to dismiss these issue as fake outrage is rather being disingenious and dishonest ( it is a legit issue many japanese people dont like this game)
You can feel how you want about this game, but that's just incorrect. The vast majority of Japanese people don't care. 99% of this outrage is coming from racist Westerners.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You can feel how you want about this game, but that's just incorrect. The vast majority of Japanese people don't care. 99% of this outrage is coming from racist Westerners.
The point is trying to cancel the game is stupid. If the game is good people will buy it and if it sucks people won't. Trying to whip up a fking change.org petition is hilariously sad and isn't going to do shit.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
So stupid

People really think Ubisoft will flush hundreds of millions down the drain for a couple thousand weebs

This will probably become the best selling Assassin's Creed game

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
So stupid

People really think Ubisoft will flush hundreds of millions down the drain for a couple thousand weebs

This will probably become the best selling Assassin's Creed game
Doubtfull cos the last few assasin creed game entries ( valhala and mirage) sales has been on steady decline

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
A neogaf thread with 3 tweets = Japanese don't like it? 😂😂😂

cmon bro
I mean you can do better by checking on more japanese tweet yourself

I mean this is legit issue in japan

I dont know why people here tried to dismiss this issue

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
No its legit japanese dont like it

Comment on japanese language

Assassins creed is a western series, it’s going to mostly sell in the west. Even if there is a minority of japanese gamers that don’t like it, it really doesn’t matter at the end of the day.

Ghost of tsushima sold a million copies in japan and well over 10 million copies everywhere else

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Doubtfull cos the last few assasin creed game entries ( valhala and mirage) sales has been on steady decline
Right

Back in reality Valhalla was the biggest launch in series history, and second most profitable game in Ubisoft history

Japan location has been the most requested location for the series since it began. It will be enormous

Screenshot_20240704_122056_Chrome.jpg

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Right

Back in reality Valhalla was the biggest launch in series history, and second most profitable game in Ubisoft history

Japan location has been the most requested location for the series since it began. It will be enormous

View attachment 5331
Whatever

Still no evidence Yasuke is a samurai

What is there is that hes a flag bearer, no record involved in battle, been in japan for about a year..and then he vanished..

This new game ( ac shadow) has been DEI'ed/ Sweet Baby Inched

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Whatever

What is there is that hes a flag bearer, no record involved in battle, been in japan for about a year..and then he vanished..

There’s record of him in AC Shadows, thats all that matters.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
There’s record of him in AC Shadows, thats all that matters.
Shows how much you dont give a fuck doesnt it?

Yes theres a record of his existence

But not as samurai

Its Ubisoft altering the history

Maybe its ok for some of you guys to think i rather stand with SBI/DEI team cos its unfortunately the winning side influence in the videogame industry right now

But i rather stand on the right side

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Shows how much you dont give a fuck doesnt it?

Yes theres a record of his existence

But not as samurai

Its Ubisoft altering the history

Maybe its ok for some of you guys to think i rather stand with SBI/DEI team cos its unfortunately the winning side influence in the videogame industry right now

But i rather stand on the right side
I'm anti-SBI...I just don't see the issue here. Like I said earlier, Yasuke has been portrayed as a Samurai for decades in Japanese media, it was never an issue then, so why is it suddenly an issue now? He wasn't a real Samurai...? Ok...who cares? It's a video game, none of this stuff is real 😂

And your claims that Japanese people don't like it is unfounded.. I'm sure there are some that don't like it but the vast majority of Japanese people couldn't care less

"It's Ubisoft altering the history" 🤣🤣 they've been doing this since the first game...because it's FICTION. This isn't the History Channel bro, it's a video game.

Reactions: anonpuffs

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I'm anti-SBI...I just don't see the issue here. Like I said earlier, Yasuke has been portrayed as a Samurai for decades in Japanese media, it was never an issue then, so why is it suddenly an issue now? He wasn't a real Samurai...? Ok...who cares? It's a video game, none of this stuff is real 😂

And your claims that Japanese people don't like it is unfounded.. I'm sure there are some that don't like it but the vast majority of Japanese people couldn't care less

"It's Ubisoft altering the history" 🤣🤣 they've been doing this since the first game...because it's FICTION. This isn't the History Channel bro, it's a video game.
The japanese never portrayed black samurai in their lore, this is a multiculturism diversity push from america

Lets see how good the game sales latter on to see if people are ok with this game then

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Whatever

Wtf does that have to do with what I said