Jason Schreier/Bloomberg: PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is stepping down

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Era seems to want the next CEO to be a Phil Spencer-Style leader as if that's at all what the majorty wants or what PlayStation even needs. Andrew House, Shawn Layden and Jack Tretton style leadership would all work.

Jim is old, so he may just be retiring. Hopefully the next leader is ready to do battle with a much larger, much more aggressive Xbox.
Imagine living in the ERA bubble lol
They are crazy.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I have written a speech!

(actually, no. I stole a speech)

I hope we can get a really great, pro gamer, exclusive content focused leader next. That cancels all PC ports and buys some cool studios to add to first party and also focuses on hardware / consoles 100%.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
i hope hermen hulst will follow

it's time to bring back the real old-timers like

tEoEjOX.jpg

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
we talked about that before. he will sell out all Playstation, makes tons of problems for brand, but at least, books for now looks good.

released nothing just ports and all games production in shambles.

i hope, new CEO, interim or not, going to cut all that shit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
He wasn’t so bad but I hope next one loosens the gaas a bit and … and pc a bit
he produced nothing, just air. guy have no clue how to manage Playstation. when all those GaaS will bomb, all eyes will be on a new guy.
he worked for books and for his pension. that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: rofif

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Wild news. He presided over the most successful era of Playstation, and some incredible games. Playstation studios were able to power through during the covid lockdown which left many other teams in shambles.

Reactions: Arc

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Well family comes first. And farewell.

After 30 years, cant blame him. Guy will go down as an All Time Great at SIE, possibly the industry.

Expect a lot of the guys that are pushing decades in the industry to start bowing out in 2024 and 2025.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The next guy may very well be worse, but this guy is killing the brand.
This is the truth.
Things could of been worse. But Hopefully the next guy is much better. Bring back focus to Playstation console.

I hope Jim’s health is well. He done well for Playstaion in Europe back in the day

OP
OP
Abdizur

Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023
It can't get much worse than Jim and the new CEO is Japanese, so hopefully he will look at what Nintendo is doing and emulate that instead of Sony trying to copy Xbox
No one can emulate Nintendo, because no can do what Nintendo is doing.
Sony will keep doing what they are doing. It works so far. PlayStation is stronger than ever before.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
See Xbox? This is how you take care of business. You don't let someone sit at the helm for years and years and destroy the brand.