Jez Corden: Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming to Xbox Consoles (nothing is confirmed, but discussions are happening) )

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
BG3 sold 2 million in early access. It sold at least 10 million after EA just on Steam.The number is probably much higher. Elden Ring, Hogwarts legacy, GTA 5 etc. Plenty of strong day 1 sales for games on PC. Saying PC gamers don't buy enough on day 1 is silly. Just depends on the IP
Early Access is the greatest proof ever that PC gamers are total idiots. It is the biggest scam going. "This game isn't finished yet, and may never be, but give us your money anyway!" Either that or "This game is already finished, and we won't be making any changes or fixes, but we know some people have such bad FOMO that we can exploit it by saying this is Early Access".

Honestly, Larain can fuck off with Early Access for BG III. They could have released the game 3 years ago and just put out expansions, but that wouldn't get them as much attention, so they called it Early Access and acted like they were some kind of martyrs for continuing to work on the game while just putting out add-ons.

Last edited:

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Early Access is the greatest proof ever that PC gamers are total idiots. It is the biggest scam going. "This game isn'T finished yet, and may never be, but give us your money anyway!" Either that or "This game is already finished, and we won'T be making any changes or fixes, but we know some people have such bad FOMO that we can exploit it by saying this is Early Access".

Honestly, Larain can fuck off with Early Access for BG III. They could have released the game 3 years ago and just put out expansions, but that wouldn't get them as much attention, so they called it Early Access and acted like they were some kind of martyrs for continuing to work on the game while just putting out add-ons.
Early access allowed the success BG3 had. Such a horrible take.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Witcher 3 did not sell that well day 1, it didn't start to pick up sales until it went on sale.... BG3 and CP2077 are the only cases, and BG3 was PC early access for years which inflated sales. Skyrim and Fallout are probably the same, those games all drop to $5.

3652673-screen%20shot%202020-04-09%20at%209.40.45%20am.png
Not fallout 4 and i am sure neither skyrin since all the ports.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
None of this shows 10m sales just on Steam.....PC kids have selective hearing (reading).

Where is evidence of 10m sales just on Steam?

And I already pointed out that being in early access for years inflated sales, 2.5m after 3 years of early access is not impressive......
The main point is that PC gamers buy games day 1. BG3 sold amazing on PC. Just concede.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The main point is that PC gamers buy games day 1. BG3 sold amazing on PC. Just concede.
Lol so you couldn't provide evidence of your claim that BG3 sold 10m on PC....and you want me to concede? 😂🤣 Why make those kinds of goofy claims if you can't back them up?

You guys saying 2.5m sales in 3 years is amazing shows how low the bar is for PC..... Almost every AAA Sony game does that in the first day or 2. The AAA market on PC is niche, it's a platform for live service junk like League of Legends and Valorant, hentai games, and MMOs

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Umar

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Lol so you couldn't provide evidence of your claim that BG3 sold 10m on PC....and you want me to concede? 😂🤣 Why make those kinds of goofy claims if you can't back them up?

You guys saying 2.5m sales in 3 years is amazing shows how low the bar is for PC..... Almost every AAA Sony game does that in the first day or 2. The AAA market on PC is niche, it's a platform for live service junk like League of Legends and Valorant, hentai games, and MMOs
Estimates put it around that range. Theirs no official numbers. You said PC gamers don't buy day 1. When their is plenty of evidence that says otherwise. Why do you think capcom is all in on PC? Just concede. 2.5 million in 3 years is just early access... When the game finally released it sold gangbusters on PC. Tighten up.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
None of this shows 10m sales just on Steam.....PC kids have selective hearing (reading).

Where is evidence of 10m sales just on Steam?

The Belgian embassy reported 5.2 million in august. That total included the 3.5M EA, putting first week sales around 2M.

Wizards of the Coast reported 40% revenue growth, 63M in licensing alone¹, attributed "particularly the blockbuster August release of Baldur's Gate III".

Recent Videogame Insights Report estimates Baldurs Gate 3 is the best selling game on Steam in units, and made 657M in revenue.

Baldurs Gate is listed first among Steam's top revenue makers for 2023:
Screenshot-2024-01-16-at-4-35-24-PM.png

¹. stat bundled with monopoly go lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Estimates put it around that range. Theirs no official numbers. You said PC gamers don't buy day 1.
Lol so you concede there are no official numbers and that you just made it up, thank you
You said PC gamers don't buy day 1. When their is plenty of evidence that says otherwise.
There really isn't.
Why do you think capcom is all in on PC? Just concede
All in on PC...while retroactively putting DRM on their PC games 😂 Capcom games on PC sell worse than Xbox....until they go on deep discount, which proves my point 😎. You've already conceded so there's no need for me to, plus I'm right 😁.

The Belgian embassy reported 5.2 million in august. That total included the 3.5M EA, putting first week sales around 2M.

Wizards of the Coast reported 40% revenue growth, 63M in licensing alone¹, attributed "particularly the blockbuster August release of Baldur's Gate III".

Recent Videogame Insights Report estimates Baldurs Gate 3 is the best selling game on Steam in units, and made 657M in revenue.

Baldurs Gate is listed first among Steam's top revenue makers for 2023:
Screenshot-2024-01-16-at-4-35-24-PM.png

¹. stat bundled with monopoly go lol
I don't see 10m anywhere here.... and that VGI crap has already been debunked. Earlier you said Early Access sales was 2.5m, now its 3.5m? 😂 Flop regardless after 3 year.

After some google this list is not accurate. VG Insights show RE4 Remake make 37% more than Sons of the Forest but according to data released by Steam, Sons of The Forest revenue is higher than RE4 Remake. That is huge margin of error.

Steam Top Games by Revenue

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I think people here are in denial. Phil was cozy with SE on stage and even their CEO just recently said he's looking into bringing more titles to Xbox.

Sony just needs to spot fucking around with partnerships and focus on established ones, rather than some nobody GaaS studios.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Why? it's a dumpster fire other than FF14 they got nothing but Dragon Quest selling good in Japan and that's it, they barely got FF7r off the ground to sell good enough for the 2nd part to be delivered on one platform AGAIN, heck PS5 user base is a lot smaller than PS4s when FF7r came out, meanwhile Capcom got their games on every platform and enjoy amazing net profits every year, Heck Konami is even bigger than SE and they barely released anything since MGS5
I know youre a troll looking for attention, probably sleepybrown's ALT, but ill indulge you just this once. Capcom's games do well on Playstation, PC, and to a lesser extent the switch. Xbox has NOTHING to do with it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
BG3 sold 2 million in early access. It sold at least 10 million after EA just on Steam.The number is probably much higher. Elden Ring, Hogwarts legacy, GTA 5 etc. Plenty of strong day 1 sales for games on PC. Saying PC gamers don't buy enough on day 1 is silly.
Always the same 5 examples 🙄 BG3, Cyberpunk etc are the exception.

Ask Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Square or Capcom where they are making most of their revenue. The industry would go bankrupt if they had to depend on PC. BG3 selling good 3 years after early access doesn't prove the market on PC is super healthy and successful.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

See you in 2035? lol.

By the way he’s backpedaling. He originally said 2024 into 2025. Now he wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not on Xbox until the all games are on PS5?

These “insiders” are a joke.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think people here are in denial. Phil was cozy with SE on stage and even their CEO just recently said he's looking into bringing more titles to Xbox.

Sony just needs to spot fucking around with partnerships and focus on established ones, rather than some nobody GaaS studios.
How does Xbox getting an old port for a game that's timed period ran out years ago mean that Square doesn't have a relationship with PlayStation anymore?

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

How does Xbox getting an old port for a game that's timed period ran out years ago mean that Square doesn't have a relationship with PlayStation anymore?

Yes, i'm really curious WTF he is blabbing about??

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I'm a PC gamer, but I think it's fair to say PC gamers love a sale. And many prioritise spending on hardware over software in comparison to the console world.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yes, i'm really curious WTF he is blabbing about??
Same thing that happened with Sega. It's not going to happen over night. Remember when Persona was exclusive? Remember how it's now day one on GP and even gets better versions and earlier on Xbox? Remember how Phil was openly and publicly discussing things with Square Enix CEO and remember how none of Sony's executives was there?

Sony's not gonna lose access to FF but it might end in the same situation as Persona or Yakuza.

This sort of denial is something you'd get on an xbox reddit. This isn't just blabbing, it's a discernible pattern with Sony's Japanese partnerships.