Kai Cenat is streaming Bloodborne to call attention to fan demand for a PC and PS5 port

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Bloodborne remake will release day n date on PC lmao

It’s pretty crazy that from the casual perspective PS is seen as a Xbox. Who would’ve thought the casual would ask for PS exclusive to be ported to PC. This would never happen for Nintendo & is why they remain #1 in all metric. Console sells Nintendo is #1 in profits Nintendo is #1 & even in live service Nintendo is #1 (could argue Xbox if you count ABK) all built up by having true permanent exclusive that has build its gaming franchises & its console business. Next Nintendo will expand to cross media & surpass Disney aswell as Universal parks with all of Nintendo ip. A Pokemon park is next or a Nintendo Disney land using all Nintendo ip.

The gates are open & Sony can’t close Pandora’s box.
They will close Pandora box faster then they opened it.
When Steam has a home console and there are a bunch of 3rd party making console like devices that play windows, epic and steam store
games..

Also Demons Souls remake didnt launch day and date, so there is hope. But I dont have much of it lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I played Bloodborne. Near 300 hours of it. I dont about a remake or remaster.
Only thing I want from them is a sequel on PS

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
When Steam has a home console and there are a bunch of 3rd party making console like devices that play windows, epic and steam store
games..

Also Demons Souls remake didnt launch day and date, so there is hope. But I dont have much of it lol
I don't understand your logic. Valve has the Steam Deck already, you can use it as a home console too by the way, and Sony is fine with it. But if they made something that looks even more like a console Sony will freak out and shut everything down?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
LMAO, holy fuck. Some random dude posts something on twitter and people, yet again, lose their shit over it, claiming Sony is dead.

Seriously, some of you need to go find something else to do. That is not healthy. You're literally allowing random tweets to control your life.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i see a lot of people here mentioning how much GTA 6 will sell PS5s, during the PS4 generation Sony was creating their own heavy hitter, console selling franchises, Bloodborne is one clear example, if they make a second game ONLY ON PLAYSTATION they would sell MILLIONS of consoles, but now that they opened Pandora's Box, no one will EVER trust them to purchase a product without real exclusive content, PS5 is right now the best place to play soulslike games, but soon they'll port Demon's Souls and Bloodborne and the best place to play Soulslike games will be PC, their tentpole games don't even fucking sell greatly on PC for this dillution of platform to be happening, no singleplayer title they released on PC so far has sold more than 5M copies, it's frustrating how little by little PlayStation is becoming an undesirable garbage like Xbox and people in this site are defending it 24/7

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand your logic. Valve has the Steam Deck already, you can use it as a home console too by the way, and Sony is fine with it. But if they made something that looks even more like a console Sony will freak out and shut everything down?
Yes. Plus it will play Windows games and Epic.

Steamdeck isn’t really the home console competition yet. But there will be consoles that play steam, windows and epic games. Why would Playstation carry on supported release to now direct competition. Its Sony logic you will need to question.

At that point they go full 3rd party and release on Nintendo too, or go back to being exclusive on Playstation only. As much as people want to make it a non competition, these are competing brands, Sony is just being too short sighted atm, in favour for some small profits

• they're_right_you_know

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
games..

problem is: Valve already has a Console, the Steam Deck, Sony doesn't seem to give two shits about it, the only thing they're thinking about is the little money they'll make with these ports, they're not looking at all for all of the future threats this could put the PlayStation hardware in, it doesn't matter if the games won't go day one to PC, people know if they wait they'll have it there anyway, so what's the reason to purchase a PlayStation? a lot of people will mention the price, but with $80 a year paid multiplayer and $70 dollar games, this equation simply isn't true, PC offers you free games at one click of your mouse, in fact Sony doesn't even care to add piracy protection to their PC ports, Until Dawn Remake will go day and date to PC and there'll be millions playing it for free on launch on PC due to piracy while idiots pay $70 for it on PlayStation, Sony is so obssessed with mimicking their competition that they forgot what made PlayStation the platform to be in the first place, the games, thjey're falling for all the traps Microsoft has put in the ground and the fact a lot of people don't realize it it's just baffling

• they're_right_you_know

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yes. Plus it will play Windows games and Epic.

Steamdeck isn’t really the home console competition yet. But there will be consoles that play steam, windows and epic games. Why would Playstation carry on supported release to now direct competition. Its Sony logic you will need to question.

At that point they go full 3rd party and release on Nintendo too, or go back to being exclusive on Playstation only. As much as people want to make it a non competition, these are competing brands, Sony is just being too short sighted atm, in favour for some small profits
not to be this guy, but you don't realize Steam already is PlayStation's direct competition, other than the PlayStation Store, Steam is second place for third party game sales, putting PlayStation Studios games on Steam is one of the most suicidal moves i've ever seen a company make in the history of the gaming industry, if Sony really wanted PC to be a platform for people to play their games, why didn't they release a launcher from the start and forced people to go to THEIR storefront, use THEIR subscription service, pay them 100%? even Ubisoft does it and they're a third party publisher, no platform holder should support Valve's monopolistic storefront, this creates a though future for the PlayStation Store with Consoles losing relevance in the long term future, if PC grows substantially in the future, Steam will be the storefront everyone will be, and now it's too late for a pivot and a launcher release, their biggest franchises are already on Steam and are Steam Deck compatible

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
problem is: Valve already has a Console, the Steam Deck, Sony doesn't seem to give two shits about it, the only thing they're thinking about is the little money they'll make with these ports, they're not looking at all for all of the future threats this could put the PlayStation hardware in, it doesn't matter if the games won't go day one to PC, people know if they wait they'll have it there anyway, so what's the reason to purchase a PlayStation? a lot of people will mention the price, but with $80 a year paid multiplayer and $70 dollar games, this equation simply isn't true, PC offers you free games at one click of your mouse, in fact Sony doesn't even care to add piracy protection to their PC ports, Until Dawn Remake will go day and date to PC and there'll be millions playing it for free on launch on PC due to piracy while idiots pay $70 for it on PlayStation, Sony is so obssessed with mimicking their competition that they forgot what made PlayStation the platform to be in the first place, the games, thjey're falling for all the traps Microsoft has put in the ground and the fact a lot of people don't realize it it's just baffling

Atm its a hybrid portable. But yeah. Its not there home living device though.
Xbox will leave the console space and you’ll get these official pc/console hyrbids that play windows games, valve, epic, gog etc. Valve will probably also release there own too.

Free online, Cheaper games. It will be a slow burn and so they can just slowly gain popularity.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
not to be this guy, but you don't realize Steam already is PlayStation's direct competition, other than the PlayStation Store, Steam is second place for third party game sales, putting PlayStation Studios games on Steam is one of the most suicidal moves i've ever seen a company make in the history of the gaming industry, if Sony really wanted PC to be a platform for people to play their games, why didn't they release a launcher from the start and forced people to go to THEIR storefront, use THEIR subscription service, pay them 100%? even Ubisoft does it and they're a third party publisher, no platform holder should support Valve's monopolistic storefront, this creates a though future for the PlayStation Store with Consoles losing relevance in the long term future, if PC grows substantially in the future, Steam will be the storefront everyone will be, and now it's too late for a pivot and a launcher release, their biggest franchises are already on Steam and are Steam Deck compatible
I realise that.
But I dont think Sony will till Valve is in there living room space with a proper console.
Steam will be on PC, Steamdecks, Steamconsole and mobile.
Windows will be doing the same. Plus hybrid devices that will play steam, windows all pc store stuff from 3rd party like Dell, Asus etc.
Nintendo has a hybrid portable.

PS is just Playstation console atm. They will need to release a PC launcher and a hyrbid Portable themselves.

They are all competition for each other, Sony is just being retarded. When they feel the threat of free online and cheaper games in the console space direcly they will need to re strategise

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Atm its a hybrid portable. But yeah. Its not there home living device though.
Xbox will leave the console space and you’ll get these official pc/console hyrbids that play windows games, valve, epic, gog etc. Valve will probably also release there own too.

Free online, Cheaper games. It will be a slow burn and so they can just slowly gain popularity.
and the fact no one in this site is seeing this, or when people mention it in threads are instantly ridiculed and called out for "dooming and glooming" it's just honestly making me want to exit this space, i don't want to be around stupid blind fanboys who refuse to see the path the company they suck the dick is going for, it's not a good looking one

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I realise that.
But I dont think Sony will till Valve is in there living room space with a proper console.
Steam will be on PC, Steamdecks, Steamconsole and mobile.
Windows will be doing the same. Plus hybrid devices that will play steam, windows all pc store stuff from 3rd party like Dell, Asus etc.
Nintendo has a hybrid portable.

PS is just Playstation console atm. They will need to release a PC launcher and a hyrbid Portable themselves.

They are all competition for each other, Sony is just being retarded. When they feel the threat of free online and cheaper games in the console space direcly they will need to re strategise
watch companies like Lenovo, Dell and Asus manufacture Home Consoles using not only Steam OS but Xbox OS since Microsoft is slowly exiting the console market... the position Sony is putting themselfs in is a weak position for the future, CONTENT IS KING, and they don't have exclusive content anymore, and i don't mean just exclusive to one box, but exclusive to their storefront, Epic seems like the only company who will fight to rival Steam and their monopolistic storefront with content, it's a shame

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
We doing the whole "steam will take over with their console" even though Sony block their games on any devices they don't want them on? Fucking hell...

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
We doing the whole "steam will take over with their console" even though Sony block their games on any devices they don't want them on? Fucking hell...
you think Sony has the absolute power when it comes to their games on different storefronts? didn't you watch the fucking shit show Helldivers 2 Account Link drama and how little autonomy Sony had with hundreds of thousands of people asking for refunds and review bombing their game? Valve has their own policies, and you don't fucking know if Sony would be able to block their games from the next Xbox that will have Steam on it, it became clear to me MS only goal entering the gaming industry was to destroy Sony and they've been putting traps in the ground in the last 10 years, traps these that Sony are falling for little by little

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
When did it happen? I don't remember this at all.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
you think Sony has the absolute power when it comes to their games on different storefronts? didn't you watch the fucking shit show Helldivers 2 Account Link drama and how little autonomy Sony had with hundreds of thousands of people asking for refunds and review bombing their game? Valve has their own policies, and you don't fucking know if Sony would be able to block their games from the next Xbox that will have Steam on it, it became clear to me MS only goal entering the gaming industry was to destroy Sony and they've been putting traps in the ground in the last 10 years, traps these that Sony are falling for little by little
Activision used to block playing their games thru GeForce Now and so do Sony right now. The idea that they won't on some Xbox hybrid console is hilarious and is pure Xbot cope. The device signature will show up in the backend and banning it from access will be easy.

Also people assume that Steam is going to make a console based on what? Steam Deck is largely a peripheral aimed at keeping PC users buying on Steam 1st. It barely broke 3 million in sales.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
spoiler alert: MS is putting different storefronts on their console to force regulators to do the same with PlayStation, when they try to buy another big publisher like EA or T2 Interactive, they'll use the excuse that they're the good guys, that they have different storefronts on their product, that Sony has a monopoly on high end console market and bla bla bla bla, it's so obvious to me, and that why content is king, that's why first party content and exclusivity is king, when you grow YOUR storefront, you don't have these type of worries in the way.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Activision used to block playing their games thru GeForce Now and so do Sony right now. The idea that they won't on some Xbox hybrid console is hilarious and is pure Xbot cope. The device signature will show up in the backend and banning it from access will be easy.

Also people assume that Steam is going to make a console based on what? Steam Deck is largely a peripheral aimed at keeping PC users buying on Steam 1st. It barely broke 3 million in sales.
GeForce Now is a streaming app, it's completely different than a Storefront and a platform: Windows, Sony has little to no autonomy when it comes to Valve's policies, if the next Xbox is Windows OS based, how will Sony be able to block it? Microsoft can make a literal PC with the Xbox brand on it and a Windows OS designed for console that allows you to download Steam through it without any kind of verification from Valve, just like Lenovo is doing with the Legion Go, or Asus is doing with the Rog Ally, all Sony games are playable there, why? because it's a portable computer, there is no differenciation, there is no method to differeciate it, if Microsoft (the owners of Windows) makes a Windows Console and a Windows Portable, how will Sony be able to block their games from it if they themselfs are porting their games to WINDOWS?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
another spoiler alert: if the next Xbox is Windows based, even if Sony manages to block their games to be playable in it through storefronts, they'll be accessible to download through piracy websites... Sony can't block piracy, so then what happens? people here really underestimate how scummy Microsoft is

• they're_right_you_know

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Sony has little to no autonomy when it comes to Valve's policies
Of course they do lmao.

There's a contract between them that likely contains provisions that cover the things you are complaining about.

Worst comes to worst they'll delist the titles and block activation of keys.

But that's assuming that Valve is interested in consoles, or even that they are good at making them. Which I'm telling you is a very unlikely assumption.

There's a lot more work involved in making profitable consoles than just calling AMD and slapping together a design. There's manufacturing, there's distribution (an area that Valve is sorely lacking at btw), there's aftersales support for things like repairs RMAs etc.