Kai Cenat is streaming Bloodborne to call attention to fan demand for a PC and PS5 port

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
and the fact no one in this site is seeing this, or when people mention it in threads are instantly ridiculed and called out for "dooming and glooming" it's just honestly making me want to exit this space, i don't want to be around stupid blind fanboys who refuse to see the path the company they suck the dick is going for, it's not a good looking one
Some people see it. But best to keep it in its own discussion threads otherwise the whole forum will be dominated by the discussion.

I believe Sony will change strategy when it starts happening. They adjust well to huge threats. Too arrogant to see it coming before it happens. Future games get pulled from Steam and PS focuses on Playstation console, there own pc launcher and own Hybrid/Portable (PSP)

Reactions: Etifilio

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
watch companies like Lenovo, Dell and Asus manufacture Home Consoles using not only Steam OS but Xbox OS since Microsoft is slowly exiting the console market... the position Sony is putting themselfs in is a weak position for the future, CONTENT IS KING, and they don't have exclusive content anymore, and i don't mean just exclusive to one box, but exclusive to their storefront, Epic seems like the only company who will fight to rival Steam and their monopolistic storefront with content, it's a shame
Agreed. The likes of Dell, Asus, Alienware, Lenova etc will make these “hybrid PC/consoles” that play windows store games, Steam OS, Gog etc. Valve finds another way of not doing anything but slowly spreading its Platform into living rooms.

Sony will have to adjust and I believe they can. PS3 gen style lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
spoiler alert: MS is putting different storefronts on their console to force regulators to do the same with PlayStation, when they try to buy another big publisher like EA or T2 Interactive, they'll use the excuse that they're the good guys,
Also 100% agree.
Microsoft know they can’t win the console space, their subscription model didnt workout. So they are trying to mess and blur the lines to what a console is.
MS will make money from its publishing games and windows store. While also allowing there next machine ( probably made by 3rd party) to play windows games, Steam in the living, Nvidia, epic, Gog etc

They will want to make PS look like the bad for not allowing windows store, steam on Playstation. Just like the whoole cross platform play nonsense Sony was forced to do and all the talk that Sony should release there games on Xbox.
Doing all this will make it easier for MS to buy another big publisher, they will be seen as 3rd party not a platform/competition by regulators.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
i see a lot of people here mentioning how much GTA 6 will sell PS5s, during the PS4 generation Sony was creating their own heavy hitter, console selling franchises, Bloodborne is one clear example, if they make a second game ONLY ON PLAYSTATION they would sell MILLIONS of consoles, but now that they opened Pandora's Box, no one will EVER trust them to purchase a product without real exclusive content, PS5 is right now the best place to play soulslike games, but soon they'll port Demon's Souls and Bloodborne and the best place to play Soulslike games will be PC, their tentpole games don't even fucking sell greatly on PC for this dillution of platform to be happening, no singleplayer title they released on PC so far has sold more than 5M copies, it's frustrating how little by little PlayStation is becoming an undesirable garbage like Xbox and people in this site are defending it 24/7
Seek help

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We doing the whole "steam will take over with their console" even though Sony block their games on any devices they don't want them on? Fucking hell...

Its not about them taking over. Its just they will enter the console space again with a better strategy.
It will probably just stop Playstation porting on other platforms. Sony will see them as competition again. As they will be competing for the same thing

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
you think Sony has the absolute power when it comes to their games on different storefronts? didn't you watch the fucking shit show Helldivers 2 Account Link drama and how little autonomy Sony had with hundreds of thousands of people asking for refunds and review bombing their game? Valve has their own policies, and you don't fucking know if Sony would be able to block their games from the next Xbox that will have Steam on it, it became clear to me MS only goal entering the gaming industry was to destroy Sony and they've been putting traps in the ground in the last 10 years, traps these that Sony are falling for little by little
Sony had no choice but to bend the knee in that situation because they could be have been open to a lawsuit in the end since their storefront isn't available in a lot of countries.... It was that reason why they backtracked... Hence now they cover their asses and only allow people from select countries on PC to buy the games.

Damn some of y'all are so angry at Sony nonstop y'all can't even allow your brains to think rationally, which is why I can't take people like you seriously

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Its not about them taking over. Its just they will enter the console space again with a better strategy.
It will probably just stop Playstation porting on other platforms. Sony will see them as competition again. As they will be competing for the same thing
Valve entering the console space for what? Lol, to lose! The Steam deck ain't even that big of a success.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
another spoiler alert: if the next Xbox is Windows based, even if Sony manages to block their games to be playable in it through storefronts, they'll be accessible to download through piracy websites... Sony can't block piracy, so then what happens? people here really underestimate how scummy Microsoft is
And you're underestimating gamers to think many are gonna buy an Xbox to pirate games 🧠🪦

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony had no choice but to bend the knee in that situation because they could be have been open to a lawsuit in the end since their storefront isn't available in a lot of countries.... It was that reason why they backtracked... Hence now they cover their asses and only allow people from select countries on PC to buy the games.

Damn some of y'all are so angry at Sony nonstop y'all can't even allow your brains to think rationally, which is why I can't take people like you seriously
reality: they could've refunded everyone in the regions affected by the lack of PSN support
Seek help
i recommend you the same
And you're underestimating gamers to think many are gonna buy an Xbox to pirate games 🧠🪦
i'm not underestimating anything, but Xbox people being able to play PlayStation games will put Sony in the same situation MS is in today that people like you are making fun of, completely third party

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Valve entering the console space for what? Lol, to lose! The Steam deck ain't even that big of a success.
I dont think it needs to win or lose tbh. Valve will sit back, 3rd party will make machines (like now) and Steam will sell games.

Steamdeck hasn't beat Switch, but its opened a whole new market to portable/PC Hybrid and the tech is only gonna get cheaper and better.

And its been making them money for software sales. People have a solid ecosystem with Valve. PC and Portable. Neither needs a Valve made PC or Portable. Just Steam OS or Steam store.

Valve doesnt need to invest in it so much or worry about needing to sell consoles. They have the PC market on lockdown basically, they just need to slowly spread. 3rd party like Dell, Asus will create them for Windows, Steam etc

Games/New gamers will get to choose PS6, Switch 2 and a 3rd option. A bunch of 3rd party consoles made by the likes of Asus, Dell, Lenova etc, that play Windows/Xbox games, Steam games, Epic store, Gog and some Playstation games all in one device. Cheaper games, free online.

Its not meant to beat Playstation or Nintendo in console sales, but it doesn't need to either. It will just slowly spread

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Of course they do lmao.

There's a contract between them that likely contains provisions that cover the things you are complaining about.

Worst comes to worst they'll delist the titles and block activation of keys.

But that's assuming that Valve is interested in consoles, or even that they are good at making them. Which I'm telling you is a very unlikely assumption.

There's a lot more work involved in making profitable consoles than just calling AMD and slapping together a design. There's manufacturing, there's distribution (an area that Valve is sorely lacking at btw), there's aftersales support for things like repairs RMAs etc.
so you're telling me if Microsoft (the makers of Windows) make a Windows based console and portable both with the Windows operating system in it and Steam downloadable like it is through a browser in any Windows computer, Sony would be able to step in and stop people from downloading Valve's Steam Windows PC app in a Windows device and play their Windows PC ports, that's what you're telling me?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
as far as i know, Microsoft is no longer working with AMD or that guy Jason Ronald for the next Xbox console, the Surface team (Computers powered by Windows) are the ones resposible for the new Xbox... the Steam and Epic Games Store will be in it, so far no one here has answered me on how Sony will be able to stop their games from being played in a Windows device if Sony themselfs port games to Windows

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Some people see it. But best to keep it in its own discussion threads otherwise the whole forum will be dominated by the discussion.

I believe Sony will change strategy when it starts happening. They adjust well to huge threats. Too arrogant to see it coming before it happens. Future games get pulled from Steam and PS focuses on Playstation console, there own pc launcher and own Hybrid/Portable (PSP)
it'll be too late to change strategy, most of their franchises are already on PC

• sad

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Agreed. The likes of Dell, Asus, Alienware, Lenova etc will make these “hybrid PC/consoles” that play windows store games, Steam OS, Gog etc. Valve finds another way of not doing anything but slowly spreading its Platform into living rooms.

Sony will have to adjust and I believe they can. PS3 gen style lol
i don't think they can because they already have too many titles on PC and the list keeps growing

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
so you're telling me if Microsoft (the makers of Windows) make a Windows based console and portable both with the Windows operating system in it and Steam downloadable like it is through a browser in any Windows computer, Sony would be able to step in and stop people from downloading Valve's Steam Windows PC app in a Windows device and play their Windows PC ports, that's what you're telling me?

Playstation will just have to delist there games and stop future games going there.

People are currently playing Horizon, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal etc on Windows PC and portables. They download it from Steam store onto there Windows PC or laptop lol.

If 3rd party make portables and consoles that run Windows, which will run/play Steam, Windows games, GOG, Epic, it would be no different from the people who download Playstation games off Steam and play it on there Microsoft Windows PC lol.
Playstation will just have stop anymore games going over to Steam at that point or go full party

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
it'll be too late to change strategy, most of their franchises are already on PC
It will be late, but they will have to stop or go full party lol.

Yes they have alot of franchises ported. But those franchises will have sequels and there will be new franchises too. So things can always be stopped. Damage is done though

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
reality: they could've refunded everyone in the regions affected by the lack of PSN support

i recommend you the same

i'm not underestimating anything, but Xbox people being able to play PlayStation games will put Sony in the same situation MS is in today that people like you are making fun of, completely third party
1) They refunded everyone who requested it... That's how refunds work, they don't care what region you're in, as you're free to sign up to any country you're willing to spend in their currency.

2) I'm not the one constantly having mini meltdown rants regurgitating the same shit over and over.... A sign of madness, get that checked out

3) people ain't buying an Xbox currently t but sure they'll buy an Xbox so they can go through the hassle of playing cracked PlayStation games 2+ years after release.... OKAY!!!!!

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Playstation will just have to delist there games and stop future games going there.

People are currently playing Horizon, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal etc on Windows PC and portables. They download it from Steam store onto there Windows PC or laptop lol.

If 3rd party make portables and consoles that run Windows, which will run/play Steam, Windows games, GOG, Epic, it would be no different from the people who download Playstation games off Steam and play it on there Microsoft Windows PC lol.
Playstation will just have stop anymore games going over to Steam at that point or go full party
the problem is: it'll be too late to delist, millions of copies of these games are already sold, so people who already purchased will be able to play them on this Xbox console and portable anyway, and Sony even supports Xbox controller for their games on PC, so it literally will run like an Xbox port of these games with Xbox controller buttons and everything

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1) They refunded everyone who requested it... That's how refunds work, they don't care what region you're in, as you're free to sign up to any country you're willing to spend in their currency.

2) I'm not the one constantly having mini meltdown rants regurgitating the same shit over and over.... A sign of madness, get that checked out

3) people ain't buying an Xbox currently t but sure they'll buy an Xbox so they can go through the hassle of playing cracked PlayStation games 2+ years after release.... OKAY!!!!!
I dont think of it as a threat, I just think it will be something that Valve, MS/Windows do. And playstation just has to do its own thing on PC.
Xbox is probably not gonna exist next gen or will be playing everyone elses stores lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
the problem is: it'll be too late to delist, millions of copies of these games are already sold, so people who already purchased will be able to play them on this Xbox console and portable anyway, and Sony even supports Xbox controller for their games on PC, so it literally will run like an Xbox port of these games with Xbox controller buttons and everything

Will teach Sony not to do it again. We just have to sit back and see it happen unfortunately. Future game ports will be cancelled so at least theres that lol

• haha