Kai Cenat is streaming Bloodborne to call attention to fan demand for a PC and PS5 port

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Sometimes it's funny how out of touch actual gamers are with their own hobby... Valve the untouchable beast in gaming,.. they will win no matter what... 🤣
Valve is indeed a beast and they do a lot of things right, but what a LOT of people don't understand is that they're playing an entirely different game than Microsoft or Nintendo or Sony. And that they have limitations that none of these companies have.

Someday I might sit down and write something about this because this is a fascinating topic imo.

Reactions: Danja

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the same thing with emulators, God Of War 1 and 2 are playable on Xbox and they're not even playable on PS4/5, Sony has no way to stop it from happening because it's emulation, and this is happening in a closed console platform, i can't imagine what will happen in an open PC with the Xbox brand on it

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sometimes it's funny how out of touch actual gamers are with their own hobby... Valve the untouchable beast in gaming,.. they will win no matter what... 🤣
they're literally the most complete gaming storefront in the industry, PlayStation's own title Helldivers 2 sold better on Steam than on the PlayStation Store

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
These guys just want to brush everything under the rug and act like everything is fine.... You are completely right and they won't catch on until it's too late. Don't let these guys gaslight you into thinking you're wrong or paranoid or crazy.
when they see PlayStation games like The Last Of Us, God Of War and Spiderman being playable on an Xbox console that's when they'll wake up for reality, these were the same people saying LEGO forced poor Sony to put Horizon Adventures on Switch only for a week later Guerrilla come out and say it was Sony and them who wanted it on the platform

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
they're literally the most complete gaming storefront in the industry, PlayStation's own title Helldivers 2 sold better on Steam than on the PlayStation Store
Nobody is questioning Valve's storefront and the immense success it is. Yes Helldivers 2 sold slightly better on Steam but now PlayStation sales are carrying the that title more. PlayStation games will always sell best on PlayStation though 90% of the times 😉

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
the same thing with emulators, God Of War 1 and 2 are playable on Xbox and they're not even playable on PS4/5, Sony has no way to stop it from happening because it's emulation, and this is happening in a closed console platform, i can't imagine what will happen in an open PC with the Xbox brand on it
I can play God of War 1 & 2 on my PS5 😬

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
After Demon's Souls remake I thought it was inevitable. I also thought FROM games mostly derivative of each other so this painful wait for a BB remake wasn't as necessary as fans make it seem.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
LMAO, thinking Steam can do anything in the console space. How's that Steamconsole working out?
do i have to draw for you to understand that the next xbox is a gaming PC with Windows in it, will be able to play every game Steam and Epic Game Store has in their libraries? the same way companies are doing gaming PC handhelds, they'll make gaming console PCs, Lenovo, Asus, Microsoft, etc... the next Xbox is being designed by the Windows Surface team, MS fired Jason Ronald and has not signed with AMD for their next console

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
do i have to draw for you to understand that the next xbox is a gaming PC with Windows in it, will be able to play every game Steam and Epic Game Store has in their libraries? the same way companies are doing gaming PC handhelds, they'll make gaming console PCs, Lenovo, Asus, Microsoft, etc... the next Xbox is being designed by the Windows Surface team, MS fired Jason Ronald and has not signed with AMD for their next console
I think you are giving the losers in the surface team more credit than they deserve, and as you say if the next xbox is a windows pc hybrid then that means xbox is willing to kill their own store- they are not going to get a single penny from steam sales that means they have to sell their boxes for profit. No more 4-500$ boxes, they would have to sell them at 1k+

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They will close Pandora box faster then they opened it.
When Steam has a home console and there are a bunch of 3rd party making console like devices that play windows, epic and steam store
games..

Also Demons Souls remake didnt launch day and date, so there is hope. But I dont have much of it lol
Valve/Steam already have a console is called the Steamdeck & there soon gonna release a Steamdeck 2 that will be closer in power to the PS5 but all mobile w a hybrid design. Steamdeck 1 already plays PS5 games at 1080p 30fps-40fps I suspect Steamdeck 2 will do 1440p 40fps-60fps

Reactions: Kokoloko

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yes. Plus it will play Windows games and Epic.

Steamdeck isn’t really the home console competition yet. But there will be consoles that play steam, windows and epic games. Why would Playstation carry on supported release to now direct competition. Its Sony logic you will need to question.

At that point they go full 3rd party and release on Nintendo too, or go back to being exclusive on Playstation only. As much as people want to make it a non competition, these are competing brands, Sony is just being too short sighted atm, in favour for some small profits
Steamdeck doesn’t has to be really a home console competition. The same was said for PC & the Steam storefront & we’ve seen how much market share PC & Steam has gotten since 2014. Just a couple generations Valve was a mid size almost indie 3rd party studio & now there a behemoth of a titan in the PC market they’ve essentially gather a monopoly in PC gaming. And really Valve/Steam hasn’t really done anything to gain that market share outside being the only storefront with exclusive games (CSGO, DOTA, Team Fortress, left 4 dead) & exclusive 3rd party games that they now get by default because other storefront all folded to release there games on Steam.

• brain

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Atm its a hybrid portable. But yeah. Its not there home living device though.
Xbox will leave the console space and you’ll get these official pc/console hyrbids that play windows games, valve, epic, gog etc. Valve will probably also release there own too.

Free online, Cheaper games. It will be a slow burn and so they can just slowly gain popularity.
It doesn’t have to be a home living device. Technically Nintendo Switch & Steamdeck are hybrids that are more mobile & portable but they very much can be dock to your tv like a traditional console & not be played in the mobile handheld style.

I think what’s more notable is the Steamdeck 1 sold 5 million with 0 advertisements 0 push & it’s strictly online thru the Valve/Steam website. I would not underestimate Valve/Steam in ways Steam/Valve at a storefront/platform level there similar to Nintendo the only thing Valve/Steam is missing is a real push in worldwide promotion & production output of games. Valve/Steam is also missing strong ip the are recognizable outside the PC/ more core gamers. But again this can all change really fast Valve/Steam can partner with a anime/movie studio to make films using there ip. A live action CSGO show/movie, a DOTA anime, a Left 4 Dead tv show these are just the next evolution stage for Valve/Steam as a company

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
watch companies like Lenovo, Dell and Asus manufacture Home Consoles using not only Steam OS but Xbox OS since Microsoft is slowly exiting the console market... the position Sony is putting themselfs in is a weak position for the future, CONTENT IS KING, and they don't have exclusive content anymore, and i don't mean just exclusive to one box, but exclusive to their storefront, Epic seems like the only company who will fight to rival Steam and their monopolistic storefront with content, it's a shame
Exclusive games wil always matter exclusive content is what ultimately divide each storefront. There’s a reason HBO MAX has less subscribers then Netflix & Disney & MAX isn’t even close there near what 50 million subscribers & that’s because MAX content be getting licensed out to there competitors making Netflix more default as a storefront/platform.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This is cool but I think Sony would have to be living under a rock and both blind and deaf to not know there is demand for Bloodborne

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Some people see it. But best to keep it in its own discussion threads otherwise the whole forum will be dominated by the discussion.

I believe Sony will change strategy when it starts happening. They adjust well to huge threats. Too arrogant to see it coming before it happens. Future games get pulled from Steam and PS focuses on Playstation console, there own pc launcher and own Hybrid/Portable (PSP)
If Sony is gonna reverse they would have to do it by 2025 to give multiple years to show that PS games are no longer going to be ported to PC outside maybe licensed games like Marvel & multiplayer/live service (& even some multiplayer live service games should not go to PC like GT7, Gacha style games like a Demon Slayer/Fate AAA gacha game, party/sandbox style games like a PS Allstars/PS Kart Racer or a Ratchet & Clank focus multiplayer game or LBP) most of these multiplayer mention games should either be PS exclusive or PS & Mobile exactly how Nintendo does it. The true Mario kart experience is on Switch but here’s a smaller scope gacha type Mario Kart game for mobile or games like Pokemon Unite that releases day n date on Mobile with a simultaneous release w Switch.