Kai Cenat is streaming Bloodborne to call attention to fan demand for a PC and PS5 port

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
and the fact no one in this site is seeing this, or when people mention it in threads are instantly ridiculed and called out for "dooming and glooming" it's just honestly making me want to exit this space, i don't want to be around stupid blind fanboys who refuse to see the path the company they suck the dick is going for, it's not a good looking one
These guys just want to brush everything under the rug and act like everything is fine.... You are completely right and they won't catch on until it's too late. Don't let these guys gaslight you into thinking you're wrong or paranoid or crazy.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I dont think it needs to win or lose tbh. Valve will sit back, 3rd party will make machines (like now) and Steam will sell games.

Steamdeck hasn't beat Switch, but its opened a whole new market to portable/PC Hybrid and the tech is only gonna get cheaper and better.

And its been making them money for software sales. People have a solid ecosystem with Valve. PC and Portable. Neither needs a Valve made PC or Portable. Just Steam OS or Steam store.

Valve doesnt need to invest in it so much or worry about needing to sell consoles. They have the PC market on lockdown basically, they just need to slowly spread. 3rd party like Dell, Asus will create them for Windows, Steam etc

Games/New gamers will get to choose PS6, Switch 2 and a 3rd option. A bunch of 3rd party consoles made by the likes of Asus, Dell, Lenova etc, that play Windows/Xbox games, Steam games, Epic store, Gog and some Playstation games all in one device. Cheaper games, free online.

Its not meant to beat Playstation or Nintendo in console sales, but it doesn't need to either. It will just slowly spread
Sorry don't really see this scenario playing out the way you think as ecosystems matter in a digital space to an extent. If Sony blocks their games and all Cross-play from all these machines then what?

They can pull out of steam at any given time as well. Sony have made bad moves but the way some of you think they are just idiots who aren't aware what's also happening is crazy. Steam deck hasn't even sold 4 million as yet, Valve will be burning a shit ton of capital just to enter a space just to sell a box without true exclusives outside of stuff that caters to an audience that supposedly hates consoles 💀

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I dont think of it as a threat, I just think it will be something that Valve, MS/Windows do. And playstation just has to do its own thing on PC.
Xbox is probably not gonna exist next gen or will be playing everyone elses stores lol
Xbox will exist next gen! Yes they'll push to have storefronts on their box but again it's not gonna change much because storefronts isn't why console gamers but consoles. Who is gonna care about this?! Steam guys? PlayStation guys? Switch players?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
1) They refunded everyone who requested it... That's how refunds work, they don't care what region you're in, as you're free to sign up to any country you're willing to spend in their currency.

2) I'm not the one constantly having mini meltdown rants regurgitating the same shit over and over.... A sign of madness, get that checked out

3) people ain't buying an Xbox currently t but sure they'll buy an Xbox so they can go through the hassle of playing cracked PlayStation games 2+ years after release.... OKAY!!!!!
1) they haven't refunded everyone who requested it, a lot of people had their refund requests denied and that's what gave even more fire to the conversation and review bomb

2) gfy and get out of the thread if you want to live in an utopian world where people are happy while they watch the platform they spent thousands of dollars over the years dilluting themselfs and making the same stupid decisions that is literally putting their main rival out of the console market

3) my problem is not with people outside of the xbox space buying an Xbox, my problem is with these 20 - 30M that still buy an Xbox being able to play PlayStation games, Xbox plan is to exit the traditional console market but these people won't come to PlayStation and grow its marketshare, because they'll be on a PC Console Hybrid playing PlayStation PC ports, that's my problem with it.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sorry don't really see this scenario playing out the way you think as ecosystems matter in a digital space to an extent. If Sony blocks their games and all Cross-play from all these machines then what?

They can pull out of steam at any given time as well. Sony have made bad moves but the way some of you think they are just idiots who aren't aware what's also happening is crazy.
Sure Sony can. I think they will. They have made bad moves before but they normally adjust and come back stronger. Im not doom and gloom over it, I think they will fix it when it happens.
By ecosystem, I just mean they will all be having a console, pc launcher, portable. Well Nintendo wont lol

Steam deck hasn't even sold 4 million as yet, Valve will be burning a shit ton of capital just to enter a space just to sell a box without true exclusives outside of stuff that caters to an audience that supposedly hates consoles 💀
Valve doesn't need to burn much. 3rd party is doing the work for them, MS too. They will do the same with PC and Steamdeck. Release something small and then have everyone else sell and make the hardware for them.
MS will be the true prostitute they are and go along with everything and do the same lol.

Steam is growing without exclusives, they are the laziest Platform out of the 4, PS, Nintendo and MS make so many money games then them. Valve got lucky/were smart with Steam OS, they are riding the money wave without doing much.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
1) they haven't refunded everyone who requested it, a lot of people had their refund requests denied and that's what gave even more fire to the conversation and review bomb

2) gfy and get out of the thread if you want to live in an utopian world where people are happy while they watch the platform they spent thousands of dollars over the years dilluting themselfs and making the same stupid decisions that is literally putting their main rival out of the console market

3) my problem is not with people outside of the xbox space buying an Xbox, my problem is with these 20 - 30M that still buy an Xbox being able to play PlayStation games, Xbox plan is to exit the traditional console market but these people won't come to PlayStation and grow its marketshare, because they'll be on a PC Console Hybrid playing PlayStation PC ports, that's my problem with it.

1) And do you have proof everyone who requested a refund are from affected countries? LOL! Most of the outrage were from people who weren't even affected and in return they fucked over a lot of people in smaller countries who weren't even up in arms. If they aren't from affected regions they aren't entitled to a refund... TOS exists for a reason.

2) LOL! Except I've called out Sony on their shit countless times. Do I need to act like they killed my family like some of y'all and come on this site angry at them Day in, day out? You aren't even saying anything of substance that wasn't said by myself or anyone else from a year ago... A year from now you'll still be typing the same shit... The fact a thread about Bloodborne has devolved into this, just shows you and others need to get a fucking grip. Sony has not ported any Souls game to PC for a reason lmao. And y'all still Hypothetically mad at them...

3) again Hypothetically outrage, what you're mad about hasn't even happened... Seek help

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Xbox will exist next gen! Yes they'll push to have storefronts on their box but again it's not gonna change much because storefronts isn't why console gamers but consoles. Who is gonna care about this?! Steam guys? PlayStation guys? Switch players?
Im not saying its gonna change much as in they are gonna beat Playstation or sell millions.
Im just saying it gonna make Playstation stop porting to competing platforms.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
so you're telling me if Microsoft (the makers of Windows) make a Windows based console and portable both with the Windows operating system in it and Steam downloadable like it is through a browser in any Windows computer, Sony would be able to step in and stop people from downloading Valve's Steam Windows PC app in a Windows device and play their Windows PC ports, that's what you're telling me?
Yes because there's a device signature they can use to block it.

Also why are we suddenly assuming that:

A) Steam is going to support Microsoft's new hybrid devices? No one from Steam commented on it. Not even Phil commented on it (he said Epic and Itch.io in that Polygon interview). The Steam stuff is pure conjecture from Xbox podcasts.

B) Microsoft is going to produce these hybrid devices? They're supposed to come out in 2 years and we still have zero hardware rumors or leaks about it. I don't think they have the greenlight for this plan yet.

C) Microsoft is going to gain any traction with those hybrids? They are absolutely not going to sell them at a good approachable price (we're talking easily $800 and up). The consumer will likely go with either a PS device or a PC

Steam will likely have to deal with Microsoft focusing their attention on them, the Xbox gambit has largely failed, and for all the Windows dominance, Microsoft still doesn't get much out of the gaming space on it.

Microsoft will have come up with a bespoke strategy to gain marketshare for their launchers (Xbox App/Gamepass and Battle.net) and claw back that 20-30%, and that will likely spur Steam into a defensive posture.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yes because there's a device signature they can use to block it.

Also why are we suddenly assuming that:

A) Steam is going to support Microsoft's new hybrid devices? No one from Steam commented on it. Not even Phil commented on it (he said Epic and Itch.io in that Polygon interview). The Steam stuff is pure conjecture from Xbox podcasts.

B) Microsoft is going to produce these hybrid devices? They're supposed to come out in 2 years and we still have zero hardware rumors or leaks about it. I don't think they have the greenlight for this plan yet.

C) Microsoft is going to gain any traction with those hybrids? They are absolutely not going to sell them at a good approachable price (we're talking easily $800 and up). The consumer will likely go with either a PS device or a PC

Steam will likely have to deal with Microsoft focusing their attention on them, the Xbox gambit has largely failed, and for all the Windows dominance, Microsoft still doesn't get much out of the gaming space on it.

Microsoft will have come up with a bespoke strategy to gain marketshare for their launchers (Xbox App/Gamepass and Battle.net) and claw back that 20-30%, and that will likely spur Steam into a defensive posture.
does Steam has to support Rog Ally and Legion Go in order for the Steam app to work on these Windows computers? cause that's what they are, Windows computers, and Microsoft is literally making a Windows PC based Console and Portable with the Surface team, what i wanna know is how Sony will be able to stop their games from being playable on a Windows PC if they're porting the games to Windows PCs.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sure Sony can. I think they will. They have made bad moves before but they normally adjust and come back stronger. Im not doom and gloom over it, I think they will fix it when it happens.
By ecosystem, I just mean they will all be having a console, pc launcher, portable. Well Nintendo wont lol

Valve doesn't need to burn much. 3rd party is doing the work for them, MS too. They will do the same with PC and Steamdeck. Release something small and then have everyone else sell and make the hardware for them.
MS will be the true prostitute they are and go along with everything and do the same lol.

Steam is growing without exclusives, they are the laziest Platform out of the 4, PS, Nintendo and MS make so many money games then them. Valve got lucky/were smart with Steam OS, they are riding the money wave without doing much.
It takes a lot of money to make hardware hence the steam deck is still produced with a cap. Valve making a console is not as simple as you think... They have fostered an environment that allows PC gamers to run wild with their own specs... They also fostered an environment that supports people being cheap when it comes to spending on games... Who are they gonna cater to when they make a fixed spec console? PS gamers? That will have better specs and an edge with exclusives? Steam boys? Casuals? Definitely not Nintendo fans.

I just don't think Valve is a big of a threat as y'all think. It takes money to build consoles that's why y'all don't see companies entering the space

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Phew all this discussion lol, You people are ignoring the big elephant in the room- Microsoft and Xbox can't make games worth a shit, xbox can open as many stores as it wants, make as many hardware skus as possible but as long as turdburgers like redfall, forza, starfield release no one is going to buy shit.

And if they make the mistake of letting steam on their devices then they will lose whatever little money they earned from their 30% cuts and get robbed blind by valve, this will only work if xbox charges steam to be on their hardware and good luck getting valve to pay them.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
1) And do you have proof everyone who requested a refund are from affected countries? LOL! Most of the outrage were from people who weren't even affected and in return they fucked over a lot of people in smaller countries who weren't even up in arms. If they aren't from affected regions they aren't entitled to a refund... TOS exists for a reason.

2) LOL! Except I've called out Sony on their shit countless times. Do I need to act like they killed my family like some of y'all and come on this site angry at them Day in, day out? You aren't even saying anything of substance that wasn't said by myself or anyone else from a year ago... A year from now you'll still be typing the same shit... The fact a thread about Bloodborne has devolved into this, just shows you and others need to get a fucking grip. Sony has not ported any Souls game to PC for a reason lmao. And y'all still Hypothetically mad at them...

3) again Hypothetically outrage, what you're mad about hasn't even happened... Seek help
1) you can search multiple people posting on forums and on social media how even being inside these unsupported countries they had the refund request denied

2) i'll continue to express concerns and talk what needs to be talked, if Xbox is daily mocked here for the same reasons and people are 100% okay with it, why can't they be ok with PlayStation being mocked for the same VALID reasons? just admit you're hypocritical

3) there's no hypothetic situation here, Phil Spencer already stated Steam and Epic will be on the next Xbox and the console is not being made by AMD, it's not a custom made console, it'll be a cheap PC with a Windows operating system in it that will run the Xbox library of games + Steam and Epic Game Store libraries, and when i mean libraries i mean the whole package, knowing how they are, they'll make sure all the games are playable, and to ensure that, they'll make a literal PC in the living room, leaving Sony with no ways to block these games, we're talking about the company that pays MLB for day one GamePass release of Sony's own first party title, so don't act like this is not a thing MS wouldn't be able to do, they make Windows, that's why i have to remember all the time that it was suicidal for Sony put their games on a Microsoft operating system

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It didn’t take long for a topic about a dumbass streamer, guilty of starting a riot in union square, turned into a doomer thread. (I was also working on 14th at the time — was indeed stupid).

Makes sense

• haha

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
does Steam has to support Rog Ally and Legion Go in order for the Steam app to work on these Windows computers? cause that's what they are, Windows computers, and Microsoft is literally making a Windows PC based Console and Portable with the Surface team, what i wanna know is how Sony will be able to stop their games from being playable on a Windows PC if they're porting the games to Windows PCs.
Alright so let's take a thought experiment: Would the Steam Deck and ROG Ally be a threat to a portable Sony device like a PSP?

(Also yes they can block these devices if they want to).

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
It didn’t take long for a topic about a dumbass streamer, guilty of starting a riot in union square, turned into a doomer thread. (I was also working on 14th at the time — was indeed stupid).

Makes sense
Then you get posts upon posts from the doomers wailing about how they have value to add when all they do is derail topics to repeat the exact same 3 posts.

Reactions: Danja

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It takes a lot of money to make hardware hence the steam deck is still produced with a cap. Valve making a console is not as simple as you think... They have fostered an environment that allows PC gamers to run wild with their own specs... They also fostered an environment that supports people being cheap when it comes to spending on games... Who are they gonna cater to when they make a fixed spec console? PS gamers? That will have better specs and an edge with exclusives? Steam boys? Casuals? Definitely not Nintendo fans.

I just don't think Valve is a big of a threat as y'all think. It takes money to build consoles that's why y'all don't see companies entering the space

Im not saying they are a threat. Im saying they are competition in a technical form. And why porting to them will stop.

Like I said, its gonna be the others that make the “console” Asus, dell and others etc. Its not gonna be like official launched console but more like the Steamdeck clones.
Whether Microsoft starts this wave of hybrids or Valve does a steamdeck 2, its not gonna take much for the new pc/console hybrids. It will probably cater to casuals and new gamers. Not saying its a threat, but its gonna be an alternative but classed as competition either way.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sometimes it's funny how out of touch actual gamers are with their own hobby... Valve the untouchable beast in gaming,.. they will win no matter what... 🤣

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Valve the untouchable beast in gaming,.. they will win no matter what... 🤣
I dont see anyone saying this. Just that they will be classed as competition. Just like Xbox is now, they aren’t close to beating Playstation but they are officially competiton

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Alright so let's take a thought experiment: Would the Steam Deck and ROG Ally be a threat to a portable Sony device like a PSP?

(Also yes they can block these devices if they want to).
PlayStation competes directly with Xbox, doesn't it? so if Microsoft releases an Xbox PC for the living room and an Xbox portable PC with all of Sonys PC ports being playable it will have an impact, since you'll be able to play all PC ports of Sony games + Xbox + GamePass, i'm still waiting for you to respond me how Sony would be able to block their games from being played on a Windows PC, cause as far as i know and as far as everything is shaping to be, that's what the next Xbox will be, a PC, they will try to redefine what a console is...

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I dont see anyone saying this. Just that they will be classed as competition. Just like Xbox is now, they aren’t close to beating Playstation but they are officially competiton
Let's see then!! Yes they are competition and that's never been denied. I don't support Sony putting games on Steam but I understand why they did it. But my comment was about this console steam box... A failure in the making that would serve no one but a small niche of people who just want an additional box lol...