Leaked Image of PS5 Slim.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
What makes me feel like it's a fake is how the image is suddenly cut off.

Could have been mocked up based on that twitter guy who described how it looked.

That guy on twitter never mentioned how the bottom half with the stand looked if it was the same as the current model.

So whoever mocked this up couldn't mock up the bottom part so cut the image off.

But they probably have them sitting in warehouses so wouldn't be far fetched if someone did see it.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Looks great. Sadly I see 2 problems:
1)If it is not packaged with disc drive = sad death of physical
2)2 front usb c ports? How the heck am I going to be quickly swapping pulse 3d usb A dongle from ps5 to pc.

Reactions: Arminius

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
To make it stand out. Black is boring, the séries X looks like a subwoofer.
The design/shape already makes it stand out...not the color. I think with the black plates it's still the best looking console ever. Series X could've been any color and it would still be a very ugly console.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
2)2 front usb c ports? How the heck am I going to be quickly swapping pulse 3d usb A dongle from ps5 to pc.

The Pulse 3D requiring a dongle was one of the most braindead decisions of all time, just stupid overall. If this is somehow real, and it doesn't have a USB A port (unless its on the back), it would be absolutely hilarious.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Worst case scenario and they don't actually have usb a on the front, get a usb hub.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Force??? Wait, are they holding you at gun point? Is your console having its performance limited without the inclusion of black plates?
Black plates matter you god damn "FACEIST."

I am not sure that's even a word, if not, it is now. :love:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The Pulse 3D requiring a dongle was one of the most braindead decisions of all time, just stupid overall. If this is somehow real, and it doesn't have a USB A port (unless its on the back), it would be absolutely hilarious.
Worst case scenario and they don't actually have usb a on the front, get a usb hub.
The point of USB A on the fron for pulse 3d is that I can easily and fast use it on pc and ps5 interchangeably if I want.
As is highlighted in the picture. if ti's on the back, then it will be annoying
TK7yidB.jpg

• Shake
Reactions: Johnic

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The point of USB A on the fron for pulse 3d is that I can easily and fast use it on pc and ps5 interchangeably if I want.
As is highlighted in the picture. if ti's on the back, then it will be annoying
TK7yidB.jpg
I wouldn't even bother upgrading to this model tbh.

Your ps5 fits in snuggly into your setup.

The best you'll get with the new model is maybe more energy efficent. Just not worth the upgrade imo.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I wouldn't even bother upgrading to this model tbh.

Your ps5 fits in snuggly into your setup.

The best you'll get with the new model is maybe more energy efficent. Just not worth the upgrade imo.
It fits in there because I modified all the shelving :p but you are right. I am not planning to upgrade... maybe

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
What makes me feel like it's a fake is how the image is suddenly cut off.

Could have been mocked up based on that twitter guy who described how it looked.

That guy on twitter never mentioned how the bottom half with the stand looked if it was the same as the current model.

So whoever mocked this up couldn't mock up the bottom part so cut the image off.

But they probably have them sitting in warehouses so wouldn't be far fetched if someone did see it.
Maybe because the twitter guy himself saw the same image and not the actual console ?

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
That looks like rendered concept based on the description, not a leak.

Probably some Weibo trolling

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It makes sense that it would look a lot like the regular PS5, it already looks pretty good. Size was what stood out when I first saw it, but it had an impressive look.

It would be really hard to tell an Xbox Series S and Xbox One apart if not for that weird color scheme of the Series S. The Series X is even worse, looks like a subwoofer like it was already mentioned.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It makes sense that it would look a lot like the regular PS5, it already looks pretty good. Size was what stood out when I first saw it, but it had an impressive look.

It would be really hard to tell an Xbox Series S and Xbox One apart if not for that weird color scheme of the Series S. The Series X is even worse, looks like a subwoofer.
It look like a speaker and a well, airfryer?

Hope Sony bring back PS2 design sometimes