Leaked Image of PS5 Slim.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The point of USB A on the fron for pulse 3d is that I can easily and fast use it on pc and ps5 interchangeably if I want.
As is highlighted in the picture. if ti's on the back, then it will be annoying
TK7yidB.jpg
Oh how I love clean setups.

Reactions: rofif

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The text of the tweet says:
RUMOR: Chinese leaks claim they received the new PS5 with removable disk drive (unconfirmed
-Around 5cm less tall, same width
-Not Slim, but a revamped model
-Includes a black line in the sides. Maybe this means it will stop having removable plates?
-Two USBC ports in the front

Looks good if real, and 2 usb-c ports on the front is great!, though I wonder since it has that line across the middle.
Yes, I think it looks better. The black line makes it similar to the original PS4:

51U9Az-lYGL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Original source of the leak:

Seems a legit leak. The style fits very well with PS5, the original PS4, DualSense and PSVR2, and looks better than the original PS5 skus.

But doesn't seem to be a detachable disk drive. Or if it's detachable, it integrates very well with the console and doesn't seem an attachment.

Also, the disk drive seems suspiciously too bulky.

Fun fact: a few hours before the video was released TheSnitch said in his stream that the video was going to be published soon.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Looks fine. I don't mind it.
Not as classy as ps3 fat or original ps5 mind you.
But fine.
No usb A in fron confirmed thoguh

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I've seen people mention the slit on the other side might be for easy access to the expandable ssd. Doesn't make any sense tbh, you don't really need to introduce a slit for that.

Maybe they just wanted a uniform design 🤷‍♂️

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I've seen people mention the slit on the other side might be for easy access to the expandable ssd. Doesn't make any sense tbh, you don't really need to introduce a slit for that.

Maybe they just wanted a uniform design 🤷‍♂️

I think the slit is there to blend in to the attachable drive.

This attachable drive is simply to improve manufacturing as opposed to giving consumers an option to buy it separately.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I actually don't hate it... But doesn't this kinda fuck face plates going forward?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I actually don't hate it... But doesn't this kinda fuck face plates going forward?
Sony hasn't done much with them anyway.

Unless they just make thinner they are going to change the face plates. I think it would not look good at all that way.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
So what are people thinking the pricing on this will be?

It would make sense to go all the way down to the current digital editions price, as the new revision is basically a digital edition by itself.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they just go down to the discounted disc edition price that they have going in alot of countries.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
So what are people thinking the pricing on this will be?

It would make sense to go all the way down to the current digital editions price, as the new revision is basically a digital edition by itself.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they just go down to the discounted disc edition price that they have going in alot of countries.
Jim Ryan stepped up, weared an Chicago Outfit, and says Two-Ninty-Nine