Leaked Image of PS5 Slim.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Whats wrong with the looks?
People dogpile on it.
Do we really want just another black, boring box?
I think ps5 looks good. This looks similar

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Not a chance lol.

They'd be talking some serious losses at that price. Sony mentioned earlier this week they will balance profitability with price drops, so they won't do anything to drastic with the pricing.
I mean they started earning on hardwares after just a few months so probably when reducing node they probably expect to cut some costs, probably just under 350.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I mean they started earning on hardwares after just a few months so probably when reducing node they probably expect to cut some costs, probably just under 350.
Your right they did become profitable in 2021, but that was very quickly negated with component price increases.

While component price have gone down, i just find it hard to believe it's gone down to the point where they could price it close to the series s and still be profitable.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Your right they did become profitable in 2021, but that was very quickly negated with component price increases.

While component price have gone down, i just find it hard to believe it's gone down to the point where they could price it close to the series s and still be profitable.
Cheaper cooling solution, we talking about cuttin half of the heat sink, again. Smaller fan, but same headroom for better airflow. Replace liquid metal with thermal phase, probably would down its cost just right to 300-350 dollars.

It would be stupid not to reduce price to undercut its competition rn. If not, what is even the points of the revision?

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
People dogpile on it.

I’m one of those that loves the way the PS5 looks. A lot. Places like trashera have absolutely no taste and just want a black boring console like you say. They claim the Xbox looks better. In no way does the that garbage can looking console look better than the PS5. They hate anything PlayStation too anyway.

This new model though currently doesn’t look quite as futuristic and cool as the original. Based on the video anyway. The two black lines look weird also.

Will have to see it properly when it’s announce. Could just be bad angles.

But yes the PS5 design is the best designed next generation console.

Reactions: rofif and Vertigo

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
People dogpile on it.
More like people are complaining about how it's not slim enough, apparently it has the same thickness with original PS5 LOL.

Reactions: rofif

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I’m one of those that loves the way the PS5 looks. A lot. Places like trashera have absolutely no taste and just want a black boring console like you say. They claim the Xbox looks better. In no way does the that garbage can looking console look better than the PS5. They hate anything PlayStation too anyway.

This new model though currently doesn’t look quite as futuristic and cool as the original. Based on the video anyway. The two black lines look weird also.

Actually the new model looked more futuristic than original PS5 lol, the reverse curve on the top make it looked absolutely better than original one. Shame about the fkin thickness lol.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

Probably because of the disc drive.

Human hates asymmetrical design

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

Yeah I agree.
I don't mind "just a box" but it gotta look cool.. like ps2 fat did you know?
But ps5 is a beauty. In fact.... I am kinda thinking about getting another ps5 "fat" before they are discontinued(just in case). I have a launch model

Reactions: On Demand

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Actually the new model looked more futuristic than original PS5 lol, the reverse curve on the top make it looked absolutely better than original one. Shame about the fkin thickness lol.

I don’t know. The big size, glossy front, and airflow grill on the top and back all stand out on the launch model. It looks like a spaceship.

Hopefully the final consumer model of the revision looks better and more complete than the case.

Probably because of the disc drive.

Human hates asymmetrical design

Some even say the digital model looks ugly. And that’s completely uniform.

These types of people just have bad taste.

Yeah I agree.
I don't mind "just a box" but it gotta look cool.. like ps2 fat did you know?
But ps5 is a beauty. In fact.... I am kinda thinking about getting another ps5 "fat" before they are discontinued(just in case). I have a launch model

Might have to get another one too before there all gone. It’s so unique.

The new model is still unique too of course as it keeps the same design language thankfully. Just looks little weird so far.

Reactions: Vertigo and rofif

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I love the launch PS5 design.

I generally think this redesign is hideous tho. Yea it keeps the “design language” but the bulky cheap plastic look to the disc drive slot and that stupid line going thru it. Yikes.

Sony has a trend of making these economy models look worse than the original. PS3 redesign however I kinda liked but they got you on removing actual bc and emulation functionality.

I’m now expecting (hopium) the Pro model to look classy opposite the Honda civic model.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Somebody on my message board say that:

New revision of PS5: 52000 yen

Ultra Blu-Ray Disc Drive PS5 compatible: 8000 yen

He claimed to work on retail chain. I thinked he was right about some non-gamjng products before so maybe, idk about this one

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

He claimed to work on retail chain. I thinked he was right about some non-gamjng products before so maybe, idk about this one

Selling drive separately?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

That would be cheap so no way

Selling drive separately?
of course. they want physical gaming to die

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
hardware_models.png