Lego Horizon game trailer "ready to go" as per Tom Henderson.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Just came in to say the same thing. Will bring in a new audience
Yes, instead of only bringing fans of MP, it could also bring kids/Lego fans.

Different team is making this one, its not TT.
Yes, since TT was acquired by WB they can't be working for Sony. So if this game exist, pretty likely would be Guerilla codeveloping it with someone else, as could be Sumo Digital.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
If this ends being real, it would be the codenamed "Horizon online", the MP GaaS we oficially know Guerrilla is working on (since 2018) in addition to Horizon 3.
Are referring to this Lego game? Doesn't look like gaas at this stage, just with coop.

Although right now info is light.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I will probably refuse to buy new games on PS5.

I haven't bought them lately anyway, because of the large backlog, but now I'd rather save money and buy SteamDeck 2, and maybe something interesting will come out by then.

I haven't played XCOM2 yet, and I still have some Sony games from PS4 that I can play on PS5.

In general, in my opinion, all these stories with PC ports, GaaS, the cancellation of Days Gone 2 (including the terrible attitude towards studios outside the big three), made many of those who were active buyers during the PS4 era turn away from PS, and at the start of PS5.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Are referring to this Lego game? Doesn't look like gaas at this stage, just with coop.

Although right now info is light.
Yes. billbil-kun/dealabs says this Horizon game is coop and features microtransactions. Helldivers 2 is also both coop and GaaS.

We know Guerrilla wanted to include coop to Horizon since the first game, and that also hired the Rainbow Six Siege and Killzone 2 MP director to work on a MP game, that later we knew is a Horizon online game.

We know that new PS Studios titles don't release day one on PC unless GaaS, non-GaaS titles stay on PS during at least a couple years since its original release. So if this game exists and releases on PS+PC day one it means it's GaaS.

We also know Sony planned to release a dozen GaaS before March 2026 (later said they removed the deadline so some of them could release later), being Horizon Online one of them.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So done with dooming about PC ports. You guys are sucking all of the enjoyment spaces like this provide, a new coop horizon game will be shown, yet 90% of the discussion will be about PC ports and the "end of PS" honestly feel like so many of you need to grow up. Putting this much attention on the location on where you can enjoy your games is ridiculous. I love PS but not enough to be so salty about their games being assessable to more people. PS is nowhere near the same situation as Xbox, no matter how you try to paint it.

Reactions: ApolloHelios

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
You dont see Nintendo trying to grow their IPs by putting Mario or Zelda side games on other consoles do you
That’s because Nintendo rather slowly grow & watch competition self destruct while Nintendo platform & storefront slowly behind the scene becomes the defacto place atleast on console to play games with also PC/Steam

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
So a LEGO game using a PlayStation IP license confirms the death of PlayStation and Day 1 is coming.

I doubt it was developed by Playstation let alone published by it.

Let the Xbots go orgasmic over this and Sony doomers fall for it.

Next Until Dawn a 2015 game running on a new engine will further confirm it.

The doomers here should do themselves and us a favour and get a PC. Having a PlayStation is bad for your mental health.

Madness.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
So done with dooming about PC ports. You guys are sucking all of the enjoyment spaces like this provide, a new coop horizon game will be shown, yet 90% of the discussion will be about PC ports and the "end of PS" honestly feel like so many of you need to grow up. Putting this much attention on the location on where you can enjoy your games is ridiculous. I love PS but not enough to be so salty about their games being assessable to more people. PS is nowhere near the same situation as Xbox, no matter how you try to paint it.
I mean it is look at Xbox. People thought day n date was good for Xbox console there wouldn’t be cannibalization for its console, storefront or ecosystem. Xbox console has slowly continued to shrink why? There’s no reason to pay $500 for a Xbox console when I can pay $500 & buy a Steam console with Steamdeck & play same games + bigger library of games

Also you don’t care because you’re not invested into the ecosystem, platform & storefront. Considering PS doesn’t have a PC launcher nor support cross buy without that once PS console slowly diminishes & the console platform to play games w permanent exclusive & bigger library becomes Nintendo or Steam there zero reason to further buy PS console or invest if I can get there games elsewhere + PC games + PC/Steam exclusive games & everything you invested on PS console disappear just like 360/PS3

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So a LEGO game using a PlayStation IP license confirms the death of PlayStation and Day 1 is coming.

Madness.
Xbots and Sony doomers been on a roll this year. Everyone wants to see them fail.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I mean it is look at Xbox. People thought day n date was good for Xbox console there wouldn’t be cannibalization for its console, storefront or ecosystem. Xbox console has slowly continued to shrink why? There’s no reason to pay $500 for a Xbox console when I can pay $500 & buy a Steam console with Steamdeck & play same games + bigger library of games
Xbox day and date with PC never mattered, they died because they didn't release jack shit but FH for an entire generation.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

The doomers here should do themselves and us a favour and get a PC. Having a PlayStation is bad for your mental health.

Madness.
That's probably what it is.

Horizon IP just given to whoever develops the lego games to develop a lego horizon game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar