Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm not mad at you.

I'm embarrassed for you.
🤣🤣🤣

Being right about everything is embarrassing? Nah what's embarassing is that some people actually believe "this is part of a plan to crack the market Nintendo dominate" 😂😂😂 Literally no different from Xbox fanboys thinking the 4 games being ported was to introduce people to Xbox 🤣 And still think Xbox will have exclusives

Reactions: Diah

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
🤣🤣🤣

Being right about everything is embarrassing? Nah what's embarassing is that some people actually believe "this is part of a plan to crack the market Nintendo dominate" 😂😂😂 Literally no different from Xbox fanboys thinking the 4 games being ported was to introduce people to Xbox 🤣 And still think Xbox will have exclusives
Please stop embarrassing me with your meltdown.

Reactions: Zeno

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Marvel AGREED on exclusive rights. That's how a partnership works.
Marvel offered exclusivity to MS first. MS rejected it. Had Phil Spencer been competent we'd be in a world with Xbox exclusives of Spider-Man.

Marvel took back its Spider-Man licence from ABK to 'find their unicorn' of a competent developer. Playstation were the sloppy seconds for Marvel...thankfully.

Marvel offered exclusivity and Lego did not. There are different levels to partnerships.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Marvel offered exclusivity to MS first. MS rejected it. Had Phil Spencer been competent we'd be in a world with Xbox exclusives of Spider-Man.

Marvel took back its Spider-Man licence from ABK to 'find their unicorn' of a competent developer. Playstation were the sloppy seconds for Marvel...thankfully.

Marvel offered exclusivity and Lego did not. There are different levels to partnerships.
True. But why did Sony not refuse? Why dilute the brand further? They outright have the competition cornered and they still keep giving them wins.

Reactions: Diah and arvfab

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Its a lego game but if sony start doing day and date release for every upcoming first party game

Of sony...

Sad Season 2 GIF by The Boys

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Ok and when will you stop whining? You’re annoying and popping up everywhere. Nobody gives shit about your opinion so why not dial it back a little?
The only one whining is you, trying to silence me because you know I'm right but are too ashamed to admit it🤣

Dial what back? Speaking the truth? 😂😂If I'm annoying and you don't care about my opinion then just put me on ignore and stop trying to censor people just because you can't match them intellectually.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
True. But why did Sony not refuse? Why dilute the brand further? They outright have the competition cornered and they still keep giving them wins.

If you want the best console experience of third party multiplatform games it's Sony.
Sony's IP is strong on being aimed at the mature demographic, substantially weaker on younger demographic IP. [No, one Astro game this gen and Sackboy doesn't make it strong]
Nintendo is strong on bring aimed at the younger demographic.
There is a complementary console relationship between Sony and Nintendo, not adversarial. They have a different target audience. This has been the way since the Wii. Xbox is different as they have the same target audience

Sony are trying to harness the gamers Nintendo get into console gaming to think Sony in the future. Nintendo do the heavy lifting of getting kids into gaming. It could be that Sony are looking to attack the one area of the console market that has eluded them. They will need help to do so.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
The moment you lose the console warring lenses, you'll see that this is a good move for all parties (Sony, LEGO, Nintendo):

The benefits if all goes to plan:

- Sony gets access to Nintendo's younger skewing audience, and potentially makes Horizon a franchise that they like, which can have many benefits.
- Lego gets further access to Horizon as a franchise (those Horizon Legos seem to be strong sellers).
- Nintendo potentially has another 3P hit on its hands, making %30.

I think we are heading into a future where the consumer base is vast, but large portions of it are deeply locked into platforms (whether that's PS, Steam, Nintendo, Mobile etc), and if you want to sell software you will have to come to them now.

The party that's most fucked in this scenario is Xbox (they have the smallest userbase, and one that is trained to not buy at all), so that's why they are making the most concessions out of anyone (PC day 1, PS and Switch ports, takeovers of popular 3P brands).

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The moment you lose the console warring lenses, you'll see that this is a good move for all parties (Sony, LEGO, Nintendo):

The benefits if all goes to plan:

- Sony gets access to Nintendo's younger skewing audience, and potentially makes Horizon a franchise that they like, which can have many benefits.
- Lego gets further access to Horizon as a franchise (those Horizon Legos seem to be strong sellers).
- Nintendo potentially has another 3P hit on its hands, making %30.

I think we are heading into a future where the consumer base is vast, but large portions of it are deeply locked into platforms (whether that's PS, Steam, Nintendo, Mobile etc), and if you want to sell software you will have to come to them now.

The party that's most fucked in this scenario is Xbox (they have the smallest userbase, and one that is trained to not buy at all), so that's why they are making the most concessions out of anyone (PC day 1, PS and Switch ports, takeovers of popular 3P brands).
Saddest comment of the day 🤣🤣

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Sony gets access to Nintendo's younger skewing audience, and potentially makes Horizon a franchise that they like, which can have many benefits.
LOL this is not going to groom them into buying a PS7 or 8 to play Horizon. By the time they grow older, there probably won't even exist PlayStation consoles anymore, let alone Horizon mainline games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer