Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
This is part of a plan to crack the market Nintendo dominate. The starter player. People tend to be loyal to a console/handheld even when another is doing better. How else could someone buy the Series X/S day 1 after the mismanagment of the XBone generation?

The majority of Sony IP is aimed at an older market than Nintendo's. Using a combination of small external studios using established IP like Lego combined with Sony IP, and Sony building its younger first party portfolio on its Astro IP will get younger children to consider the PS at an earlier stage. By leaving Nintendo to the younger market, you could end up with brand loyalty and not buying a Playstation as a complementary console.

You are doing it wrong if you release your games on the platform you DON'T want people get loyal to...

Or do we want to pretend Xbox might be doing the same with their PS releases?

Reactions: Diah

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This might sound crazy, but I think the Horizon Remake was made with Switch 2 in mind 😳 and it will be the launchpad for Sony going full 3rd party. And the Horizon Lego game is to introduce the series to Switch players and give them a small taste of whats to come.

• Surprised
Reactions: Diah and Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Oh, in that case, I agree 100%. No PS6 for me and good chance I'll get rid of my PS5 after GTA6.

The silver lining is classic franchises will live on, I'm hoping the ps2 ratchet games are ported to the switch and switch 2.

Gravity Rush also deserves a second chance, it was done dirty by Playstation gamers that didn't buy the sequel

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The silver lining is classic franchises will live on, I'm hoping the ps2 ratchet games are ported to the switch and switch 2.

Gravity Rush also deserves a second chance, it was done dirty by Playstation gamers that didn't buy the sequel
Zero chance.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
No if Sony wants to ignore the core fanbase that built up the brand since the PSX, they deserve to be destroyed.
Ignore them how? Get a small outside studio to develop a lego game? Pray tell what resources are Sony wasting here?

This might sound crazy, but I think the Horizon Remake was made with Switch 2 in mind 😳 and it will be the launchpad for Sony going full 3rd party. And the Horizon Lego game is to introduce the series to Switch players and give them a small taste of whats to come.
It is crazy. No joke but this is the most delusional comment in the thread. The Switch 2 might not be strong enough to play the PS4 version without making compromises, yet it will play a PS5 remake? Nintendo have given up on the high graphic/powered gaming arms race.see the Switch, Wii U and Wii. Nintendo consoles need a gimmick. Nintendo can't leave the handheld market, their successes are tied to handheld. The Switch would have failed if it did not have a handheld aspect.

If Nintendo went to challenge Sony on their turf, this game wouldn't happen on Switch. Instead Sony is challenge Nintendo on their turf, the younger demographic.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Iconera users: "Helldivers 2 is a 1st party game, but Lego Horizon isn't"

😂😂😂

GPhXt08XIAAEsrf

• haha
  • Cerny
Reactions: Box and Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It was made with the Netflix show in mind 🤔

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Ignore them how? Get a small outside studio to develop a lego game?

It is crazy. No joke but this is the most delusional comment in the thread. The Switch 2 might not be strong enough to play the PS4 version without making compromises, yet it will play a PS5 remake? Nintendo have given up on the high graphic/powered gaming arms race.see the Switch, Wii U and Wii. Nintendo consoles need a gimmick. Nintendo can't leave the handheld market, their successes are tied to handheld. The Switch would have failed if it did not have a handheld aspect.

If Nintendo went to challenge Sony on their turf, this game wouldn't happen on Switch. Instead Sony is challenge Nintendo on their turf, the younger demographic.
Lol bro, Switch 2 will be a bit better than the Steam Deck. And Steam Deck can run almost every single PlayStation port on PC. The only one it can't is Returnal.

TLOU Remake on Steam Deck looks great and can run at a locked 30fps or even unlocked and reach 60fps.... And you think Switch 2 will struggle with a Horizon Remake that probably won't look as good 🤣 It'll also have games specifically optimized for it unlike the Steam Deck. That specialized optimization got Witcher 3 and Doom Eternal to run on the Switch....

It was made with the Netflix show in mind 🤔
Both.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The only way I'll believe it was Lego that forced a Switch release is if Nintendo releases a Lego Mario (which would make bank) and it's fully multiplatform i.e. everything but Xbox/Stadia where literally nothing sells.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Porting your games to PC is one thing but pulling an Xbox and releasing your first party titles on another console can't go well. I get that this is a Lego game and isn't exclusively made by Guerilla but it's still a bad look. You don't see Mario Rabbids releasing on Playstation.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
The only way I'll believe it was Lego that forced a Switch release is if Nintendo releases a Lego Mario (which would make bank) and it's fully multiplatform i.e. everything but Xbox/Stadia where literally nothing sells.

This is mostly on Sony. If this was a Lego decision it would be on Xbox as well, just like MLB.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
This is mostly on Sony. If this was a Lego decision it would be on Xbox as well, just like MLB.

Nah man, haven't you heard? LEGO, the most powerful company in the world, has enough power to dictate where Sony releases their 1st party IPs. They probably could have singlehandedly stopped MS to buy ABK if they wanted to or make Bitcoins lose all their value.

You can't imagine the power LEGO possesses.

lego batman GIF

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
People in here just don't get it. Some are really in panic mode because of this.

We are talking about LEGO and the use of a valuable Sony IP to reach much more people.

To think "Oh yeah now it begins, Sony starts releasing day one on PC" just shows how many people don't understand anything.

Let's see if ND´s new IP or Santa Monicas new IP is releasing day one. Let's see if Ghost of Tsushima releases day one on PC. Or if Insomiacs next game releases day one.

After all, this is what people in here are arguing, right?

I don't even want to bring up the argument why it makes no sense for Sony to go the PC day one route while selling millions of consoles each year.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
People in here just don't get it. Some are really in panic mode because of this.

We are talking about LEGO and the use of a valuable Sony IP to reach much more people.

To think "Oh yeah now it begins, Sony starts releasing day one on PC" just shows how many people don't understand anything.

Let's see if ND´s new IP or Santa Monicas new IP is releasing day one. Let's see if Ghost of Tsushima releases day one on PC. Or if Insomiacs next game releases day one.

After all, this is what people in here are arguing, right?

I don't even want to bring up the argument why it makes no sense for Sony to go the PC day one route while selling millions of consoles each year.
And when those games do drop day 1 on PC (and maybe Switch 2), what will you say then? That it's not a big deal? It doesn't matter? Console players are different from PC, it doesn't harm them?😂😂 You guys always move the goalpost.

Reactions: Diah and arvfab

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
honestly this is trying to super speed an IP in terms of growth to make it mass market

But you would never see Nintendo do this for their IP. They would make some weird exclusive spin-off from an external dev instead

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Nah man, haven't you heard? LEGO, the most powerful company in the world, has enough power to dictate where Sony releases their 1st party IPs. They probably could have singlehandedly stopped MS to buy ABK if they wanted to or make Bitcoins lose all their value.

You can't imagine the power LEGO possesses.

lego batman GIF

To be fair, Lego is pretty powerful and obviously had a say in this deal but if this was purely on them, the game would be on everything, including mobile.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
And when those games do drop day 1 on PC (and maybe Switch 2), what will you say then? That it's not a big deal? It doesn't matter? Console players are different from PC, it doesn't harm them?😂😂 You guys always move the goalpost.

I gave you crap for your PC overreactions but the Switch changes everything, lol. At least with PC, the target audience is different. Putting your games on another console tho? This is pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if people from now on question every single first party release like they do with Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer