Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

24 Jun 2022
If this ends being real, it would be the codenamed "Horizon online", the MP GaaS we oficially know Guerrilla is working on (since 2018) in addition to Horizon 3.

The strategy would be the same as always, some -as could be this one- MP GaaS get released day one on PC. While SP non-GaaS games would stay exclusive to PS at least for a couple year since its original release.

Totoki said they won't release new titles of their top selling blockbuster series during this FY, meaning that if this game is real wouldn't be released this FY.

You better hope this is that GAAS Horizon game, otherwise everything just goes right out the window.

Even if it is, that's yet ANOTHER GAAS title from SIE. Meaning concerns of GAAS getting priority with them in funding and release cadence are validated. Functionally, WTF does it matter if non-GAAS titles are PS exclusive for a couple years (likely less going forward) if there are barely any non-GAAS titles releasing over a sufficient period of time?

Reactions: Diah

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Looks who is talking about moving goalpost. Until Dawn is an IP from 2015. Basically a 99% same game from before.
Looks who is talking about moving goalpost. The Last of Us is an IP from 2013. Basically a 99% same game from before.

See how this works? You have answered sweet fuck all. Keep going.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You better hope this is that GAAS Horizon game, otherwise everything just goes right out the window.

Even if it is, that's yet ANOTHER GAAS title from SIE. Meaning concerns of GAAS getting priority with them in funding and release cadence are validated. Functionally, WTF does it matter if non-GAAS titles are PS exclusive for a couple years (likely less going forward) if there are barely any non-GAAS titles releasing over a sufficient period of time?
We know they planned to have GaaS from a dozen IPs by March 2026, and later knew some may be released after that.

They already have MLB, GT, MLB, Firewall, Helldivers and soon Concord. London new IP and TLOU Online got canned. These are 8 of the 12, and we knew Horizon Online, Marathon, Fairgame$, Matter and the Deviation game (maybe cancelled, maybe being rebooted in the new secret studio) were in the works too.

We also knew that GaaS were a minority of the games they had under develoment.

There's absolutely no reason to be concerned at all, unless Sony reaching more players and making more money concerns you.

Is this the live service Horizon game rumored a while ago?
We oficially -not rumors- know Guerrilla was working on an Horizon Online game directed by the Rainbow Six & Killzone 2 MP director and that they wanted to include coop to the IP since the first game.

We don't know if this Lego Horizon coop GaaS game is real or not, so we can't know if this game is Horizon Online or not. But if it's real, pretty likely will be that same project.

Does this mean GoT 2 will be on PC on day 1 because of legends?
GoT was mostly a SP game, the MP was secondary and wasn't a GaaS.

As such, got ported to PC 4 years after launch, not day one.

So if GoT2 has the same approach they'd also consider it a SP non-GaaS title so won't release it day one on PC.

So Herman lied

Investors should call his ass out
He didn't. We don't know if this game really exists, in case it would we don't know if it would release day one on PC, and according to the supposed leaker is features coop and microtransactions, so would be a MP GaaS.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Looks who is talking about moving goalpost. The Last of Us is an IP from 2013. Basically a 99% same game from before.

See how this works? You have answered sweet fuck all. Keep going.

Yes. IP from 2013. WTF do you want? Besides its prettier graphics, basically the same game from 2013. Same as Until Dawn from 2015

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yes. IP from 2013. WTF to you want? Besides its prettier graphics, basically the same game from 2013. Same as Until Dawn
You have to be trolling 😂 can you read and comprehend a question?

Until Dawn is a Sony IP. What is the excuse on that one?

You: "This is a lego game, of course it's day one on PC"
Me: "Until Dawn is a Sony IP. What is the excuse on that one?"
You: "It's a game from 2015"
Me: "TLOU is an IP from 2013 and wasn't day one"

Either keep up or shut up.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
@Sircaw

Close the thread because doom posting again. Some people can't understand that Lego isn't a Sony brand. Same crap with Kratos in Fortnite which is available for Xbox too, because EPIC wants it to be available everywhere
So Lego has the power to negotiate a Sony owned IP and twist PlayStation arm into making it go on PC but not Xbox and Switch? 💀🤣

Sony simply didn't give a shit about Kratos being on Xbox, in their dumb eyes it was a genius cross promotional execution that would probably make "Xbox owners buy a PS5" 🤣

Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Doomers won and everybody lost.

I can't believe I am saying this but what nhomnhom of all people said is right and the whole month of may and now june has been a big L for Sony and Playstation, the only bright spot has been astrobot but may and june have all been about friggin pc ports LMAO.

This doesn't matter much to me because Borizon is not for me but sony is insane to push this at best a tier 2 IP so much.
Now you know my pain of being able to put 2 and 2 together and figuring out things in advance.

• brain
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
😂😂😂 your heads still in the sand

5 years from now - “imagine caring that others can play TLOU3 day 1”

10 years from now - “imagine caring that PlayStation is dead, PC and Nintendo are just as good”

15 years from now - “damn I miss all the great games Sony used to make, I wish they never died 😢

The world is ending any day now, my great grandmother used say judgement was coming and every day that passes we can just feel it too bad she won’t be around to see it.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm out of the loop, what is the excuse for this one?

😂😂😂 your heads still in the sand

5 years from now - “imagine caring that others can play TLOU3 day 1”

10 years from now - “imagine caring that PlayStation is dead, PC and Nintendo are just as good”

15 years from now - “damn I miss all the great games Sony used to make, I wish they never died 😢
You timeline is too optimistic.

I just know that once Sony stops making their high production value single player games there will hardly be any publisher left willing to do that. All their games in the past years and going forward will be designed as PC/PS5 games and games that don't do well on both will be left behind. That will translate into more GaaS, low budget and Ubisoft like games.

Sony believes PlayStation isn't the future, that much has been obvious for a while and they are making sure their prediction is right.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What the issue here to be fair? LEGO is already multiplatform.
I'm more surprise it will be only release on PS5 and PC.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You're surprised a Sony owned IP isn't being released everywhere?

It’s a licensed LEGO game using Horizon IP.

LEGO gave Sony the license not the other way round.

LEGO calls the shots cause they are the licensor. Not like LEGO came to Sony to get Horizon.

Absolutely baffling they chose Horizon of all franchises. Hermen at it again.

Absolute moron.

Evil Aloy

Banned
3 May 2024
I don't think it's a big deal because this isn't a tentpole game and maybe Lego wanted a multiplatform release. What worries me is the possibility that Sony's leadership uses it as a test for doing singleplayer day 1 on other games too. I hope this utterly flops on pc.