Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

24 Jun 2022
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ people here said I was wrong for thinking day/date single player games wouldnā€™t happen. Now theyā€™ll move the goalpost, ā€œSony doesnā€™t own the studioā€ šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

This further confirms what weā€™ve been saying, that Hermen is the idiot championing PC. HZD first game to launch on PC and Horizon LEGO the first game to launch day/date on PC. And now heā€™s CEOā€¦RIP PlayStation

Jim Ryan was the scapegoat. There, I said it.

This is the creep happening right infront of you, if this is allowed, then big tentpole titles will be on PC day and date next.

Also think Horizon is being pushed way too hard, just because Hermen is so high.

Yep, this is how it starts. People are already coming up with tons of excuses tho.

@mibu no ookami looks like I'm gonna win that bet šŸ˜‚

Reactions: Diah and Bryank75

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It does makes sense. If you don't know Sony doesn't own Lego and Lego has its own terms too. Remember what MLB did, when they've decided to make more money
What about Marvel and Spider-Man. Wolverine too. You think Lego is more powerful than Disney and Sony were bullied by them? šŸ¤£

• thisistheway
Reactions: Danja1187

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

You have no ideia what you are talking about.

Lego is already a game franchise for decades that uses differents IPs.
They license IPs and do it... they license most movies IPs and now are using games IPs.[

The Lego game engine is a thing.

Horizon games are Zero Dawn and Forbidden West.

Of course you do always. Just like in the Astro Bot price thread.

24 Jun 2022
We know they planned to have GaaS from a dozen IPs by March 2026, and later knew some may be released after that.

They already have MLB, GT, MLB, Firewall, Helldivers and soon Concord. London new IP and TLOU Online got canned. These are 8 of the 12, and we knew Horizon Online, Marathon, Fairgame$, Matter and the Deviation game (maybe cancelled, maybe being rebooted in the new secret studio) were in the works too.

We also knew that GaaS were a minority of the games they had under develoment.

There's absolutely no reason to be concerned at all, unless Sony reaching more players and making more money concerns you.

It does because apparently it means less of the games that attracted me to PlayStation as a console brand, and less content differentiation in persuading me to choose a PlayStation over any of the other platforms they are rushing to bring virtually all their games to.

Also, given the leaning in their budget funding for GAAS already, that making up most of their internally-developed and published content of the past couple of years, the desire for more profits and high cadence of ports already to PC....why would the probability of Sony making more non-GAAS PlayStation exclusives be high? Clearly their trajectory is not suggesting that will come about.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's just a question of how much more irrelevant the console becomes to me in its value proposition, not if. Maybe that's different for you, but that's my viewpoint on the subject. I couldn't give less of a crap if Sony are "reaching more players" and making more money if what they're doing isn't appealing to my personal tastes as a customer or hobbyist.

Somewhere along the way, I want a guarantee my own interests are being served as well. Everyone does.

Reactions: Diah

Ico

8 May 2024
Ps5 has no games.
Astrobot day one pc and ps5

mqdefault.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
So much misinformation in this thread.
Every game that has a deluxe edition, has a 10-20$ upgrade, which classifies the game for having "in app purchases" becouse It's a DLC.
Quick look at Rift Apart:
s-l1200.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil šŸ‡§šŸ‡·
PSN ID
ethomaz
You were right about Variable prices?

Are you deluded?

Go open the thread again. You ran away from it.

Mate you live in Brazil. You know nothing about them.
No.

Retailer prices can variate... that happens in all the world... each retail has a MSPR to follow but can set their price higher or lower than MSPR.
That is not about retailer prices.

But PS Store prices.
Sony ruled for decades that full priced games on PS Store should be $60.
With PS5 they moved to full priced games being $70 and that is what it is.

You breaking your own rule for a game (yes Astro Bot is a full priced game) set precedents to says the $70 price point is indeed not needed by Sony.
And which asking $60 for PS4 games and $70 for PS5 games where bullshit.

But hey that is all based in rumors.
Sony didn't said which will be the Astro Bot launch price yet.

• haha
Reactions: Muddasar

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Of all the IP's to go full retard in, Borizon is not the one ffs. They have bloodborne, alundra, legend of dragoon, wild arms, heck I will even take killzone before aloy and her peach fuzz. I hope whoever greenlighted soo much horizon gets nightmares about a peach fuzz monster chasing them till they die šŸ˜¤

• haha
Reactions: Diah

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No.

Retailer prices can variate... that happens in all the world... each retail has a MSPR to follow but can set their price higher or lower than MSPR.
That is not about retailer prices.

But PS Store prices.
Sony ruled for decades that full priced games on PS Store should be $60.
With PS5 they moved to full priced games being $70 and that is what it is.

You breaking your own rule for a game (yes Astro Bot is a full priced game) set precedents to says the $70 price point is indeed not needed by Sony.
And which asking $60 for PS4 games and $70 for PS5 games where bullshit.

But hey that is all based in rumors.
Sony didn't said which will be the Astro Bot launch price yet.
They can set price based on budgets too that was the whole reason for the price increase.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes... that is the reason.
But opening precedents or exceptions kills their reason.
No it doesn't, they've done this since PS3. As we see them pricing GaaS games cheaper too. I'd say they learnt their lesson from Ratchet & Returnal

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes... that is the reason.
But opening precedents or exceptions kills their reason.

It doesnā€™t.

Itā€™s variable. Always has been since the 90s dependent on budget, game type etc.

Sony saw fit to release Helldivers 2 and Concord at 40 dollars.

They saw fit to release Astro Bot at 60 Dollars.

70 dollars is the maximum price for a standard edition launch game this generation for Sony.

Collectors editions have their own variables. Never set. Depends of game budget, production cost etc.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil šŸ‡§šŸ‡·
PSN ID
ethomaz
It doesnā€™t.

Itā€™s variable. Always has been since the 90s dependent on budget, game type etc.

Sony saw fit to release Helldivers 2 and Concord at 40 dollars.

They saw fit to release Astro Bot at 60 Dollars.

70 dollars is the maximum price for a standard edition launch game this generation for Sony.

Collectors editions have their own variables. Never set. Depends of game budget, production cost etc.
PS Store not even existed in 90 lol
Stop creating bullshit arguments.

Look at the PS Store prices... full priced games always had the same well price for all Sony games.
They changed to $70 now with PS5... it was $60 since PS Store started.

MP only games was always set at mid-price... because they are considered not full priced games.
Old releases, remaster, etc most of time are not full priced games.
We are talking new games with full single-player campaign here.

If Astro was priced $40 or $50 I should say it was a game limited in content but that is not the case.

No it doesn't, they've done this since PS3. As we see them pricing GaaS games cheaper too. I'd say they learnt their lesson from Ratchet & Returnal
Exactly they set the $60 price for full priced games since PS Store started on PS3.
Changed now to $70 for full priced games with PS5.

• haha
Reactions: Orangee

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Of all the IP's to go full retard in, Borizon is not the one ffs. They have bloodborne, alundra, legend of dragoon, wild arms, heck I will even take killzone before aloy and her peach fuzz. I hope whoever greenlighted soo much horizon gets nightmares about a peach fuzz monster chasing them till they die šŸ˜¤
At this point, I'd rather they never desecrate Bloodborne. Just leave it be.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Look at the PS Store prices... full priced games always had the same well price for all Sony games.

Exactly they set the $60 price for full priced games since PS Store started on PS3.
Sackboy another platformer was $60 again this stuff depends on budget and genre. Just stop

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

MP only games was always set at mid-price... because they are considered not full priced games.
Old releases, remaster, etc most of time are not full priced games.
We are talking new games with full single-player campaign here.

What the hell does the PS store have to do with our debate?

Didnā€™t Sony sell games in the 90s?

Didnā€™t Nintendo? Why were Rare games more expensive than other games on launch?