Major Gaming Reviewers Have Not Received Forspoken Review Codes

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I wonder if half the animosity in this thread comes from folks simply resenting Square for having such a close relationship with Playstation.
It comes from the butthurt snowflakes annoyed by the supposed SJW agenda the game has, because they can’t stand anything that makes them a little uncomfortable, go figure. I hope they keep crying more and more tbh

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Y'all need to stop this juvenile console war BS with everything for real :ROFLMAO:

This is Square's 2022 output, most of it is multi-plat, all of it is extremely poorly reviewed and they have shown nothing about Forspoken that proves it will break the trend.

a63723c04dc5f376c4374326c7e4ea7234d59bb3ffa554d123d6c7ce38a29d94.jpg
The only bad game is that list is Babylon… the others are fine

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It’s neither.

FenrirHanson
How good/interesting/immersive is the story?

iserrot99
The story gets more and more interesting while you play and I'm liking it very much , there's a tiny level of mystery that makes you wanna know what tf is going on

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
recore was truly awful by the way, i can't believe they slapped Keiji Inafune's name on it. Poor me though, I bought the game like a dumbass thinking it was Japanese! it was a shoddy western-made indie game full of bugs and glitches...

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
In a world where Halo Infinite, an utter incomplete and limited game gets a high score and cyberbug is praised to the heavens despite being broken and a severely limited game, are scores really that reliable?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Phil launched the One X with nothing but Lucky's Tale and we thought that was the worst it could get. little did we know his plans for Series S/X (Release nothing).
My favourite Xbox E3 moment was 2016 when MS announced the Xbox One S at the very start of the show. Hyped it up... so far so good.

Then, at the end of the same show they spoke about Project Scorpio [soon to be the Xbox One X] thus making the console announced an hour earlier redundant. Chef's kiss.

Youtube it if you think I'm lying. It's an interesting way to hype the Xbox One S.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I'm pretty sure this sentence was changed after it was said that there was no PC demo.

How did you play the Forspoken demo then? Are you not allowed to admit playing on PS5 or something 🤔

I think I've already mentioned more than once that I played it on a PS5 lol

Relax Alex Jones :p

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
recore was truly awful by the way, i can't believe they slapped Keiji Inafune's name on it. Poor me though, I bought the game like a dumbass thinking it was Japanese! it was a shoddy western-made indie game full of bugs and glitches...
I had the pleasure of interviewing Keiji Inafune on Recore way back in E3 2014 (they had a translator with him) But I think the guy completely lost his touch with the industry. Might No 9 was also a spit in the fans face.

Record had the potential to be good, but it was. It had some cool ideas, but it just wasn't executed well. Shameful.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I had the pleasure of interviewing Keiji Inafune on Recore way back in E3 2014 (they had a translator with him) But I think the guy completely lost his touch with the industry. Might No 9 was also a spit in the fans face.

Record had the potential to be good, but it was. It had some cool ideas, but it just wasn't executed well. Shameful.
ha, Recore is one of the key terrible experiences on the console that I remember caused me to box up the thing and just give it away for free (couldn't sell it for any money, no one wanted it...)

was especially dreadful owning an XBONE in those early years of 2013-2017.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
ha, Recore is one of the key terrible experiences on the console that I remember caused me to box up the thing and just give it away for free (couldn't sell it for any money, no one wanted it...)

was especially dreadful owning an XBONE in those early years of 2013-2017.
Yeah, Xbox was atrocious at the start. The only games I thoroughly enjoyed was Sunset Overdrive and Killer Instincts and Gears of War 4. Then later, Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves and Gears 5. That is literally all I ever played. Halo 5 Guardians was a disappointment, very good impressive visuals and good multiplayer but the campaign and story was a fucking insult. A Halo game where you only play as Master Chief for 3 missions out of the entire game, fucking dumb.

My PS4 got so much play-time. I had over 80 platinums. I miss those days :/

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Yeah, Xbox was atrocious at the start. The only games I thoroughly enjoyed was Sunset Overdrive and Killer Instincts and Gears of War 4. Then later, Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves and Gears 5. That is literally all I ever played. Halo 5 Guardians was a disappointment, very good impressive visuals and good multiplayer but the campaign and story was a fucking insult. A Halo game where you only play as Master Chief for 3 missions out of the entire game, fucking dumb.

My PS4 got so much play-time. I had over 80 platinums. I miss those days :/
I was the same, 2014-2017 all I had was an xbox one. Needless to say I didn't play much and wasn't into games to the extent I am now during that time. The 1st party lineup was awful, and 3rd party support was spotty at best. We had no choice but to play junk like Recore, State of Decay and whatever else we could scrounge up. It was around the time I saw Yakuza 0, Nioh, Persona 5, and Nier automata coming out that I couldn't stand the Xbox One any longer.

Sunset Overdrive was a diamond in the dark, that's for sure. Thankfully the Nintendo Switch released in 2017, and around the same time I rid myself of the XBONE and got a PS4 Pro.

saved gaming for me, had I stuck with Xbox I wouldn't be gaming today.

Previously I had every console each generation, but that ~2012/2013 Wiiu/PS4/Xone gen i wasn't into it anymore. was in college and thought i was too cool for games, lol. Damn did I choose wrong that time, though. Should have got the PS4. Hell, WiiU would have probably been a better fit for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters