Major Gaming Reviewers Have Not Received Forspoken Review Codes

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
I was the same, 2014-2017 all I had was an xbox one. Needless to say I didn't play much and wasn't into games to the extent I am now during that time. The 1st party lineup was awful, and 3rd party support was spotty at best. We had no choice but to play junk like Recore, State of Decay and whatever else we could scrounge up. It was around the time I saw Yakuza 0, Nioh, Persona 5, and Nier automata coming out that I couldn't stand the Xbox One any longer.

Sunset Overdrive was a diamond in the dark, that's for sure. Thankfully the Nintendo Switch released in 2017, and around the same time I rid myself of the XBONE and got a PS4 Pro.

saved gaming for me, had I stuck with Xbox I wouldn't be gaming today.

Previously I had every console each generation, but that ~2012/2013 Wiiu/PS4/Xone gen i wasn't into it anymore. was in college and thought i was too cool for games, lol. Damn did I choose wrong that time, though. Should have got the PS4. Hell, WiiU would have probably been a better fit for me.
I miss the 360 days. They had such a variety of titles. There was something special about that era.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I miss the 360 days. They had such a variety of titles. There was something special about that era.
yeah, that's why i bought an Xbone, 360 was my main the previous gen.

Phil Spencer just doesn't have it. The past decade with him at the helm has been a nightmare for Xbox and the few remaining customers they have left.

he has no eye for quality titles, and took the brand down the wrong path towards subscription/service content.

not my cup of tea.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ve been shitting on this from day one because its the previous Final Fantasy team from 15 and that game was cringeworthy mediocrity (w/ a better combat system than FF7:R).

And it running at sub HD resolution and a low frame rate is embarrassing ….

However… I kinda want to be there day one just to see for myself. I don’t think it looks bad per se — just uninspired?

I can get over the presentation being shit if it’s actually a good game. I am very curious about actual player reception. Not putting much weight on critic reviews — I’ll wait to see what actual gamers say. Modern critics are shills, swag whores and suck at games and definitely bitter they didn’t get their free copies.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
You never bring up your PS5 unless it's for something negative like the Forspoken demo. Why?

Drop the act bruh

View attachment 265

the-mask-one-armed.gif

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
YingYong ain't liking this song......

Was somehow hoping the gameplay would overcome the cringe.....not for some it seems.

P

peter42O

Personally, Xbox One had the better exclusives for their 2013 launch, 2014 and 2015. 2016 was a wash. 2017 onward was all PlayStation 4.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
yeah, i'm not getting the revisionist history that ONE had a good launch. Ryse was bloody awful, Dead Rising 3 was western jank with all of the core DR features gutted, and Kill Instinct was free2play. It was an awful launch lineup.

but yeah, still better than what followed in 2017 and on.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Gears, Bioshock, Mass effect.......to name a few. Once in a lifetime.
Yeah man. Xbox was the premier console for FPS, Western RPGs and 3d Shooter Action Games.

I think they trying to kind of replicat that with the new generation. Awoved, Elder Scrolls 6, Outer World 2, Fable and whatever shooter id Software makes and of course next Gears game from Coalition. But sadly, at the rate they are going and with all this miss-management bullshit it's taking forever. They need to hurry up and fix their shit. Series X and their studios have so much potential, but idk wtf they're doing. It's very frustrating.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Yeah man. Xbox was the premier console for FPS, Western RPGs and 3d Shooter Action Games.

I think they trying to kind of replicat that with the new generation. Awoved, Elder Scrolls 6, Outer World 2, Fable and whatever shooter id Software makes and of course next Gears game from Coalition. But sadly, at the rate they are going and with all this miss-management bullshit it's taking forever. They need to hurry up and fix their shit. Series X and their studios have so much potential, but idk wtf they're doing. It's very frustrating.
a big problem with the 360 though was it never held any exclusives. Stuff like Bioshock and Mass Effect would pop up a year later on PS3, with added features.

P

peter42O

2015 had bloodborne. I consider that a win for PS personally.

Yeah, I can understand that but The Order 1886 decreases the year as does Until Dawn but to a lesser extent. Microsoft had Ori, Halo 5 and FM 6. All in the high 80's. Overall better year for Xbox One than PlayStation 4 but I know that a lot of people love Bloodborne.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
a big problem with the 360 though was it never held any exclusives. Stuff like Bioshock and Mass Effect would pop up a year later on PS3, with added features.
I mean that still happens a lot today as well. I am sure Forspoken will come to Xbox at some point. That's nothing new really. I was never concerned with 3rd party timed exclusives. Look at Rise of the Tomb Raider for example.

Tbh, I think MS should of bought Bioware, similar to how they bought Bethesda. Microsoft had good relations with both of those devs/publishers since their early days.

EA killed Bioware and DICE. i know there is a new Mass Effects in the works but after all the fuckery with Mass Effect Andromenda and Anthem its hard to get excited for it.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Yeah, I can understand that but The Order 1886 decreases the year as does Until Dawn but to a lesser extent. Microsoft had Ori, Halo 5 and FM 6. All in the high 80's. Overall better year for Xbox One than PlayStation 4 but I know that a lot of people love Bloodborne.
Ori's on Switch, Halo 5 was terrible, and Forza's... forza.

My Xbox goty that year was Rise of the Tomb Raider... Much to my chagrin, it came to PS4 in an improved version with all the extra content on the disc within 1 year.

always the story with xbox. Even when they get something good, they can never hold onto it for long.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Ori's on Switch, Halo 5 was terrible, and Forza's... forza.

My Xbox goty that year was Rise of the Tomb Raider... Much to my chagrin, it came to PS4 in an improved version with all the extra content on the disc within 1 year.

always the story with xbox. Even when they get something good, they can never hold onto it for long.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was such a great game dude. I never played Shadow of the Tomb Raider, is it better or worse than the previous entry?