Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
And don’t forget, Yakuza 7 PS5 and Phantasy Star Online 2’s North American release were also not allowed to be announced as coming to PlayStation until just before they were released, so as to create an illusion that they’d only ever be on XBox.
Yakuza 7 PS5 and only PS5 version was held back and it was exclusive for 3 month on xbox s consoles. while game also came to other consoles like PS4.

people should remember, as Marketing goes, Team Ninja said, that m$ demanded that what they showed in E3 would be under curtains for 2 days. they couldn't announce other platforms for 2 days.
we wouldn't even knew that, but me, and others, who highly like NioH went on their page and asked, time and time again, they basically cave in and said that more will be revealed after 2 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
do you have no critical thinking ability or are you purposefully trying to bury your head in the sand?

dude, Windows Store.

LMFAO.
Can you imagine, if somehow Sony had marketing on this one and was involved in holding pre-orders on competing consoles? Our Xfan in question would have been the leader of the pitchforks for such an anti-consumer practice, believe me, I was shocked when you made the thread because "I've never heard of anyone blocking pre-orders on a platform before" to gain mindshare or leverage. Never Ever, new tactics I guess are required when all else have failed.

Also, if this was Sony's doing, Forbes, IGN, Windows Central, lots of Shill Youtubers would have had several articles and videos on this already. Remember when GT was offline for a few hours for server updates? It was the end of the world. Remember Sony was bad because it didn't allow XBOX to have crossplay on PS4, but MS denied PS3 crossplay on 360, but that was fine.......The wheels on the bus goes.....you know the drill...

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Still don't have any actual source corroborating this ?
Thought so.

Yes, can anyone imagine that. Cause I can't.
What we know for certain: MS has a marketing deal for the Persona 3 and 4 ports.

Microsoft has CONFIRMED a 48hr delay on all press releases regarding other platforms.

Microsoft has PAID atlus to distribute the game on Windows Store.

Microsoft has PAID atlus for marketing priority which includes listing gamepass, xbox, and windows ahead of PS, Switch and Steam.

PS, Switch and Steam pre-orders are mysteriously absent.

Put 2 and 2 together, use your brain, use some critical thinking skills, and voila, we can REASONABLY ASSUME that MS's marketing deal extends to the BLOCKING of pre-orders for all other versions.

You'll never find this stuff in writing or have an actual outright admittance of such because it makes the perpetrating party look bad, is a private business deal, and parties are both under NDA.

MS is paying for pre-order blocking rights.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We should give him a ban so he has matching bookends to sit between while he jacks it to pictures of Phil.

No backseat moderating, please. Also, mind the vulgar language.

If all you want is an echo-chamber you can just say it lol

All I've done is asked for evidence of this completely made-up news based on a now-deleted influencers tweet.
The absence of pre-orders on all major platforms that are not associated to MS, including the ones where the franchise has historically selled the most, after all that has been confirmed regarding a marketing arrangement should provide ample proof to anyone with a basic understanding of these business practices.

But the above poster has already pointed this out.

To everyone else, arguing against obviously weak logic or dishonest arguments made in bad faith is fine, but please attack the argument, not the person. Personal attacks are not ok.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Team Ninja is not publishing Persona.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg
That's about Wo Long that was announced 2 days later on Playstation

The same thing happened with Persona

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That's about Wo Long that was announced 2 days later on Playstation

The same thing happened with Persona

And it was the Wo Long announcement that ed to the confirmation of MS putting a 48-hour NDA on announcing other versions for games shown at their events, to mislead the public into thinking the games are exclusive to Xbox.

Scummy tactics from a last-place company supported by people who lack morals, intelligence, or both in a lot of cases.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Those announcements happened at the MS E3 if I'm not mistaken, why would MS highlight other platforms on their stream ..

That's like saying why Sony didn't mention that Street Fighter 6 and Re4 Remake are coming to other platforms when those got announced in their State of Plays.

Announcing the game for all platforms is a publisher's job. And the Persona case above, specifically, highlights what I said earlier about this being a weird Atlus decision.

They announced the PS version and then *AFTER* a few days *THEN* they announced the Switch version. Now, anyone really thinks MS and then Sony moneyhatted a couple of days each between different platforms to keep Nintendo in the dark ?

No, right ? cause that sounds like tinfoil hat stuff.
how long you gonna act dumb? no, but seriously?

you clearly ignoring all facts and just making ship up. Team Ninja SPECIFICALLY SAID, THAT THEY CAN'T MENTION OTHER PLATFORMS AND WAS BLOCKED FOR 2 DAYS BECAUSE MICROSOFT HAS MARKETING RIGHTS.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Those announcements happened at the MS E3 if I'm not mistaken, why would MS highlight other platforms on their stream ..

That's like saying why Sony didn't mention that Street Fighter 6 and Re4 Remake are coming to other platforms when those got announced in their State of Plays.

Announcing the game for all platforms is a publisher's job. And the Persona case above, specifically, highlights what I said earlier about this being a weird Atlus decision.

They announced the PS version and then *AFTER* a few days *THEN* they announced the Switch version. Now, anyone really thinks MS and then Sony moneyhatted a couple of days each between different platforms to keep Nintendo in the dark ?

No, right ? cause that sounds like tinfoil hat stuff.
Not during the stream or state of play obviously but usually we know right after (or during if you follow Jez or Destin on twitter they get so angry at Sony if it's not clear it's coming to Xbox - total double standard).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Some of these Xbox-leaning game industry folks have completely shown their asses during this whole buyout saga.
They've been showing them since the announcements of the new-gen systems or earlier.

MS-friendly media ass is NEVER far from view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Unless MS moneyhats it on an absurd level, I don’t think even SEGA are stupid enough to pull that.
yeah, they don't get the newer yakuza games into gamepass at launch, so no way in hell Persona 6 will go.

Sega needs to tread very carefully here, they're running out of goodwill with their real fans and pissing off paying customers right now.

Even seeing Persona 3,4,5 shovelled into gamepass like garbage fodder makes me second guess buying them at launch.

And I'm not alone, look at how fast the price dropped on the Persona 5 port. It went 1/2 off across all platforms within the same month.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.55.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.55.47 PM.png
    526.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.56.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 8.56.09 PM.png
    537.4 KB · Views: 4
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
yeah, they don't get the newer yakuza games into gamepass at launch, so no way in hell Persona 6 will go.

Sega needs to tread very carefully here, they're running out of goodwill with their real fans and pissing off paying customers right now.

Even seeing Persona 3,4,5 shovelled into gamepass like garbage fodder makes me second guess buying them at launch.

And I'm not alone, look at how fast the price dropped on the Persona 5 port. It went 1/2 off across all platforms within the same month.
I’m a HUGE Yakuza fan, and after the nosedives on prices for them, I don’t buy them right away anymore. I only bought the After Hours edition Yakuza 6 for the whisky set, the rest have been “Wait for the first half-price sale, it’ll only be a few months!” situations.

Reactions: Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I’m a HUGE Yakuza fan, and after the nosedives on prices for them, I don’t buy them right away anymore. I only bought the After Hours edition Yakuza 6 for the whisky set, the rest have been “Wait for the first half-price sale, it’ll only be a few months!” situations.

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_030923.jpg
    IMG_20230114_030923.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 7
  • fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
haha, i bought that set too. Wish i still had it but it's back home.

i'm waiting this month on the ishin remaster. no way it won't be on sale quickly.

Sega has lost the plot.