Microsoft: We are in a very unique position to be able to go spend Sony out of business

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Why does Microsoft remind me so much of GloboGym?

joan baez duck GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Previous complaints about PlayStation games being exclusive to PlayStation.
Oh no baby what is you doing
Well for him MS probably tried to poach him multiple times for $$$ so he probably wants to play nice-nice just in case he needs an out

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Joke is on Phil, Final Fantasy XVI was the real God of War, it was there for the taking and Phil missed.
nahh I don't think that game would ever have gone to xbox, Phil might be able to pay for it to get ported (eventually) but no way as a day 1 exclusive or timed exclusive

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I said it many times Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst are a failure as PlayStation execs. They are way too passive. Sony should replace them with Shuhei Yoshida for PlayStation studios and Keiichiro Urata in the lead for SIE. Enough with western guys driving PlayStation into the wrong direction. We need back the Japanese spirit which dragged Sony out of their mess (PS3 era)!

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Japanesse spirit got Sony into the mess? Jim/Hermen just being poor leadership has more to do with their way of thinking than with ethnicity. Nothing more, nothing less. Ideally a balanced leadership core is welcomed.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Japanesse spirit got Sony into the mess? Jim/Hermen just being poor leadership has more to do with their way of thinking than with ethnicity. Nothing more, nothing less. Ideally a balanced leadership core is welcomed.

I am willing to make myself available for any reasonable offers to run PlayStation!

shocknero

12 Jun 2023
Are we supposed to feel bad for Sony? Like they were trying to do the same just at a level they could afford. Did they have to try and go after every Bethesda title? No. MS is only competitive in consoles sales in a few markets and PlayStation is still the lions share of game sales.

Imagine if Sony got their way and had FF16, Starfield & Spider-Man 2 while MS had only Forza. Sony knew they were going for the kill. Lol

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
I respectfully disagree with those of you calling for Jims head rn. Hes in the right place at the right time, As much as i would prefer sony to keep to its japanese roots, having a Japanese lead in this critical time over SIE would probably be detrimental unless he was able to communicate fluent english like KAZ. Jim is able to work with these agencys and articulate whats going on behind the scenes. I also stand by him that he deserves a full generation cycle before casting judgement one way or the other, As it stands now he is providing games, rather that continues or not and how first party continues to form is yet to be determined... lets not jump the gun. I prefer action not meaningless words without the action. And Jim is about action thus far, a sharp contrast from phil spencer always using words.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Are we supposed to feel bad for Sony? Like they were trying to do the same just at a level they could afford. Did they have to try and go after every Bethesda title? No. MS is only competitive in consoles sales in a few markets and PlayStation is still the lions share of game sales.

Imagine if Sony got their way and had FF16, Starfield & Spider-Man 2 while MS had only Forza. Sony knew they were going for the kill. Lol
And what was stopping Xbox from cutting deals?

Eggman

12 Apr 2023

Microsoft does tons of third party deals every single year, more than Sony does.

They could have also tried to make deals with Bethesda like do with with tons of others.

They did not have to acquire them which was significantly more expensive...

shocknero

12 Jun 2023
And what was stopping Xbox from cutting deals?
Likely for them to do a similar deal was expensive to a point it didn’t make business since. Hell we saw just to keep COD they had to give ABK an extra 10% revenue just to keep parity, but still can’t market the game on their platform.

Sony didn’t need to be as aggressive as they were to keep their continued dominance. They just thought MS had no breaking point and now MS is holding nearly the whole WRPG genre hostage.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Likely for them to do a similar deal was expensive to a point it didn’t make business since. Hell we saw just to keep COD they had to give ABK an extra 10% revenue just to keep parity, but still can’t market the game on their platform.

Sony didn’t need to be as aggressive as they were to keep their continued dominance. They just thought MS had no breaking point and now MS is holding nearly the whole WRPG genre hostage.
Waaaaah Sony didn't need to be so aggressive waaaah mean Sony

Xbox was exposed for the bumbling cutthroat wannabes they are. Now onto the decline where ABK is abandoned, Xbox is wound down as a console biz, and Sony still gets Starfield.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

shocknero

12 Jun 2023
Microsoft does tons of third party deals every single year, more than Sony does.

They could have also tried to make deals with Bethesda like do with with tons of others.

They did not have to acquire them which was significantly more expensive...
But you’re missing the point, with the Bethesda purchase they retain the profit and it’s not money lost it’s a growing asset. Like how they bought Minecraft and grew it a ton more.

What 3rd party deals like locking major IP away?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

They spent 7+ billion to counter a supposed Starfield rumor... Yeah am I suppose to feel bad for the 2.5 trillion dollar company have to spend money from its off shore accounts?

Sony also gave up 10% revenue to Activision, so what's your point? There was nothing stopping them from getting deals except their own incompetence.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

One thing that has been really appalling about this whole debacle is MS' absolute refusal to take responsibility for their own situation and errors. Everything is Sony's fault. It is beyond tiresome at this point. It is no better coming from the media or fans either. Sony forced MS to a breaking point? And you're making this argument in a post where MS wrote of spending Sony out of business? Amazing.