Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Double post:

I will say it is uncanny the day after Microsoft meets with the cma, all of a sudden “sources” are claiming the eu is going to give approval. All the Xbox zealots and Corp shills have their talking points just so. Reminds of when that “leak” about the ftc where the 2 republicans and a democrat flipped to approve the deal when in reality the opposite happened. I’m not saying that the eu could t approve without remedy’s, I’m just think the timing is sus.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Double post:

I will say it is uncanny the day after Microsoft meets with the cma, all of a sudden “sources” are claiming the eu is going to give approval. All the Xbox zealots and Corp shills have their talking points just so. Reminds of when that “leak” about the ftc where the 2 republicans and a democrat flipped to approve the deal when in reality the opposite happened. I’m not saying that the eu could t approve without remedy’s, I’m just think the timing is sus.
Yeah the article is likely PR pressure,

D

Deleted member 417

Double post:

Like @KiryuRealty and @Dodkrake were saying the other week that even if the deal is dead and everyone knows it behind closed doors, both ABK and MS have to put on a public face that everything is hunky dorey, otherwise it tanks the stock price. Right until the official word comes in, both companies will do everything in their power to make it look like the deal is going through.

Microsoft have a big reach in media, owning MSN and Forbes. Bloomberg bat for xbox on top of that and you have to think how many American investors stand to make or lose money on the outcome of the decision, combined with how many companies those people invest in. PR articles are probably paid for and encouraged by investors as it is protecting their own money.

24 Jun 2022
Like @KiryuRealty and @Dodkrake were saying the other week that even if the deal is dead and everyone knows it behind closed doors, both ABK and MS have to put on a public face that everything is hunky dorey, otherwise it tanks the stock price. Right until the official word comes in, both companies will do everything in their power to make it look like the deal is going through.

Microsoft have a big reach in media, owning MSN and Forbes. Bloomberg bat for xbox on top of that and you have to think how many American investors stand to make or lose money on the outcome of the decision, combined with how many companies those people invest in. PR articles are probably paid for and encouraged by investors as it is protecting their own money.

This is what I'm hoping more people realize when they see some of these reports. Anything not directly from a member of a regulatory body should be taken with reservation. Can't underestimate MS's reach; at one point they owned MSNBC as well. None of these other companies have been talking about their proceedings with the EC and CMA publicly; only Microsoft and ABK. There's a reason for that.

Fake it until you make it....if you make it, that is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
This is what I'm hoping more people realize when they see some of these reports. Anything not directly from a member of a regulatory body should be taken with reservation. Can't underestimate MS's reach; at one point they owned MSNBC as well. None of these other companies have been talking about their proceedings with the EC and CMA publicly; only Microsoft and ABK. There's a reason for that.

I like to look to the market on occasion being a sizeable sample of overall sentiment. Bad new, ActBliz up over the last week and today. 🤔

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I like to look to the market on occasion being a sizeable sample of overall sentiment. Bad new, ActBliz up over the last week and today. 🤔
Wouldn't be too worried. Stock is still trading ~$20 below closing price. If the market were sure that this was going to go through, and go through soon, it'd be much closer to $95.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

MS sold their portion of MSNBC twenty years ago, try again.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Xbox has more studios than PlayStation. So, how much studios Xbox needs to be competitive, 5, 10, 15....45 more than now??? It just shows that Phil Twat is incompetent managing Xbox. And funny enough, Xbox fans doesn't see a shit about it.
This s fanbase who had to endure in last 15 years:
- kinect trash
- quantum brake
- ryse
- crackdown
- bleeding edge
- halo infinite
- state of decay
- grounded
- crossfire x
- xbox tried to double gold price

Instead of criticizing xbox management they worship them. Unfathomable. U cant lie to the overall market as much as u lie to yourself.

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This s fanbase who had to endure in last 15 years:
- kinect trash
- quantum brake
- ryse
- crackdown
- bleeding edge
- halo infinite
- state of decay
- grounded
- crossfire x
- xbox tried to double gold price

Instead of criticizing xbox management they worship them. Unfathomable. U cant lie to the overall market as much as u lie to yourself.
Grounded isn't a bad game, it just can't carry as a 1st party headliner

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Double post:

Yeah the article is likely PR pressure,

It is just small artificially bump based on some info from some unknown insiders. Tomorrow can be the same to artificially bump the stock. And can be like that over and over for days. Anyone can make an account and tweet anything regardless if its true or not. Anyway, this tweet is the reason and Reuters made an article about it. LOL

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yeah it is, also nobody is worried about the fact that xbox never had any experience managing big publishers and how MS expect this deal to make money fast... nobody seems to noticed how things are more prone to turn bad than good.

Yes they did, I've been so much gaslight there, that I was thinking I was the the crazy one. :/ I am done with that place.

Yep
Thats thread its Just a xbot circlejerk monitored by three xbox biased moderators

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It is just small artificially bump based on some info from some unknown insiders. Tomorrow can be the same to artificially bump the stock. And can be like that over and over for days. Anyone can make an account and tweet anything regardless if its true or not. Anyway, this tweet is the reason and Reuters made an article about it. LOL

Doubt it. But Xbots getting angry over this is amusing.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is the kind of zero sum game I don't want. Consolidation will only lead to fewer choices for us, gamers, and fewer games available on the platforms we picked. That's all. I understand if Sony wants to counter Microsoft by acquiring a publisher or something, but I don't want that to happen.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022

Sony can't afford T2 LOL.
That's just ridiculous fearmongering.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

I dont understand why anyone follows or pay attention to this guy. its bad enough we have to wade through misinformation being spread left and right on the green side all gen, now we have other clout chasers claiming to be an insider for PlayStation spreading misinformation.

I would be ok if we never have to discuss a tweet from this guy again. He is not doing any favors to anyone who goes to social media to find some truthful gaming information

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I dont understand why anyone follows or pay attention to this guy. its bad enough we have to wade through misinformation being spread left and right on the green side all gen, now we have other clout chasers claiming to be an insider for PlayStation spreading misinformation.

I would be ok if we never have to discuss a tweet from this guy again. He is not doing any favors to anyone who goes to social media to find some truthful gaming information
If you go to social media for news, you are getting what you deserve.

• they're_right_you_know

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
If you go to social media for news, you are getting what you deserve.
I understand what you saying but Im not saying i got to social media for news. As Plextorage mentioned in the quote that Reuters made an article about this guys tweet which leads to a chain effect of other media outlets hoping on the "info" without having multiple sources just to get a click.