Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Maybe these anonymous sources are to boost the stock price as high as it can go before they dump it?

Look im not going to try and spin for sony here, 10 years is alot worse than it could be so its not the worst hand they could be dealt. They need to try and circle the wagons on companies that define the ps brand either with large investments or full on acquisitions. I think investments in japanese publishers and acquiring smaller second party studios makes the most sense.
Sony is pretty good about fostering second parties and allowing them to grow and i think thats what they should do with their Gaas games they have planned with them. I think they should take a couple billion dollars and invest that in square and capcom. Even if the deal is approved they have 10 years to to figure things out and its not like MS will be making a come back this ge,n, they lose more marketshare and mindshare every passing day. By the time this generation is over, i predict xbox will be so irrelavent they may just kill cod by tying the brand to the xbox brand.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Maybe these anonymous sources are to boost the stock price as high as it can go before they dump it?

Look im not going to try and spin for sony here, 10 years is alot worse than it could be so its not the worst hand they could be dealt. They need to try and circle the wagons on companies that define the ps brand either with large investments or full on acquisitions. I think investments in japanese publishers and acquiring smaller second party studios makes the most sense.
Sony is pretty good about fostering second parties and allowing them to grow and i think thats what they should do with their Gaas games they have planned with them. I think they should take a couple billion dollars and invest that in square and capcom. Even if the deal is approved they have 10 years to to figure things out and its not like MS will be making a come back this ge,n, they lose more marketshare and mindshare every passing day. By the time this generation is over, i predict xbox will be so irrelavent they may just kill cod by tying the brand to the xbox brand.
10 years is basically the rest of the console generation, so PS5 would be so dominant by then while still keeping COD it wouldn't change much. What would be worrying is the precedent this would set for MS, is that they can buy any publisher they want as long as these phony licensing agreements are made. The harm of that type of consolidation would hit like a truck when we're 10 years down the line and Xcloud and Xbox hardware is the only place to play COD, FIFA, Assassin's Creed and whatever else regulators greenlight if this goes through.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Pretty obvious it's about beating / punishing Playstation for them.

We just need to hang back and watch this all play out. Sucks that there's still almost 2 months of this back and forth nonsense left though.
Yeah it is, also nobody is worried about the fact that xbox never had any experience managing big publishers and how MS expect this deal to make money fast... nobody seems to noticed how things are more prone to turn bad than good.
Reeeeee really bought this nonsense report lol
Yes they did, I've been so much gaslight there, that I was thinking I was the the crazy one. :/ I am done with that place.
Reeeee in a nutshell

dont-jump-jump.gif
Yep

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
10 years is basically the rest of the console generation, so PS5 would be so dominant by then while still keeping COD it wouldn't change much. What would be worrying is the precedent this would set for MS, is that they can buy any publisher they want as long as these phony licensing agreements are made. The harm of that type of consolidation would hit like a truck when we're 10 years down the line and Xcloud and Xbox hardware is the only place to play COD, FIFA, Assassin's Creed and whatever else regulators greenlight if this goes through.
One question I have about this is Microsoft has been pushing this 10 year agreement for a while but we also saw articles that Activision or MS is considering moving COD to a Biennial releases. So if that happens the agreement in place if passes wouldn't that means instead of the next 10 release, it would only be the next 5 or whenever they move to releases every 2 years?

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well, we'll know the results of the CMA meeting in a few hours. If suddenly Xbox twitter starts rampanging against evil Sony, deal is dead. If the Activision lady posts more memes, the deal has moved through.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Phil cant manage studios with 50 people like Initiative. Let alone ubisoft with 20k people. Some people re just doomers.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Well, we'll know the results of the CMA meeting in a few hours. If suddenly Xbox twitter starts rampanging against evil Sony, deal is dead. If the Activision lady posts more memes, the deal has moved through.
We will?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Is it today?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Is it today?
I thought it was earlier this week.

Edit: Yeah it was Monday.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yes they did, I've been so much gaslight there, that I was thinking I was the the crazy one. :/ I am done with that place.
Gaslighting is right. Look at how they all swarmed around your question as to why they're cheering it on. The first few were honest - they're short sighted and want cheap/free games. The rats listing shit like better worker conditions and "Sony is no worse off" are full tilt maniacs. How does removing formerly multiplatform IPs from PlayStation result in Sony being no worse off?

And, just quickly, these fuckmuppets are thinking AB will be better off under MS. Where do you think Blizz's president came from? What do you think is happening at 343i? What happened to Rare for 20 years? Lionhead shut down, The Initiative with nothing to report after poaching devs from top studios. There's one common denominator.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Gaslighting is right. Look at how they all swarmed around your question as to why they're cheering it on. The first few were honest - they're short sighted and want cheap/free games. The rats listing shit like better worker conditions and "Sony is no worse off" are full tilt maniacs. How does removing formerly multiplatform IPs from PlayStation result in Sony being no worse off?
Yeah I gave up, specially when I was getting some angry replies. Doesn’t make sense the amount of spinning people are doing to defend a company. They just think they are better than everyone else.

It isvery scary how emotionally attached they are to Xbox.

MS never gain market share because they weren’t being competitive… it is simple. People saying they want a healthy industry and this deal to pass are just fanboys.

But yeah, I’m done with that forum, people are crazy.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yeah I gave up, specially when I was getting some angry replies. Doesn’t make sense the amount of spinning people are doing to defend a company. They just think they are better than everyone else.

It isvery scary how emotionally attached they are to Xbox.

MS never gain market share because they weren’t being competitive… it is simple. People saying they want a healthy industry and this deal to pass are just fanboys.

But yeah, I’m done with that forum, people are crazy.
Xbox has more studios than PlayStation. So, how much studios Xbox needs to be competitive, 5, 10, 15....45 more than now??? It just shows that Phil Twat is incompetent managing Xbox. And funny enough, Xbox fans doesn't see a shit about it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Xbox has more studios than PlayStation. So, how much studios Xbox needs to be competitive, 5, 10, 15....45 more than now??? It just shows that Phil Twat is incompetent managing Xbox. And funny enough, Xbox fans doesn't see a shit about it.
Don’t care? Hell, they worship the useless fuck.

Really shows how braindead they are.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417