Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

It would seem the usual tricks are not working with the current FTC. :)

Must read this soon. But it is obvious that if a company has to do so much to convince a regulator...then the deal is obviously a negative for the market. Not only that but the company is knowingly downplaying, deceiving and using any tactic they can to push through so they can grab a big ownership of gaming while trying to pose as a meek little lamb.....

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Must read this soon. But it is obvious that if a company has to do so much to convince a regulator...then the deal is obviously a negative for the market. Not only that but the company is knowingly downplaying, deceiving and using any tactic they can to push through so they can grab a big ownership of gaming while trying to pose as a meek little lamb.....
Not to mention Microsoft's own history and comments that they weren't done buying stuff. Maybe Activision alone wouldn't make a monopoly, but one doesn't need to be a genius to figure out that's what Microsoft is trying to do and this is just another step.

24 Jun 2022
Given the amount of PR by MS, there is no doubt this deal is in serious jeopardy.

The fact they mention "illegal" multiple times and also ESG makes me wonder if they know something we don't (yet) WRT anything involving approval of the deal with other regulators like the CADE. That might be dipping into conspiracy territory but weirder things have happened.

Come to think of it, Microsoft have made no statements whatsoever how this acquisition would actually increase overall revenue into the gaming market. Everything they've mentioned so far has focused on ESG-related stuff (which has no bearing here) or how it supposedly helps Microsoft be more competitive. But if the acquisition were to result in a noticeable reduction of overall market revenue, couldn't that be argued as being a negative to the market?

If the idea is that the deal would help Microsoft be more competitive, then they should be able to demonstrate how that translates into the most obvious means of measuring the results of that: company revenue, company profit, and boosting overall gaming revenue (supposing the market stayed the same aside from the acquisition). And we all know Microsoft have been extremely protective of things like GamePass revenue and split of Xbox division revenue in terms of specific things (hardware, software, peripherals etc.).

Anyway, "illegal" and ESG are strong words to use though, and not to use lightly. So if something rather surprising regarding MS comes out over the course of this investigation, at least I'll be ready for it.

Maybe 😂

Not to mention Microsoft's own history and comments that they weren't done buying stuff. Maybe Activision alone wouldn't make a monopoly, but one doesn't need to be a genius to figure out that's what Microsoft is trying to do and this is just another step.

TBH I think comments like those are coming to bite them in the ass now. What gave them the idea to put that out publicly when the ABK deal wasn't even finished? They've already shown future intent and that is probably factoring into this one.

If this deal does go through, it's going to come with some of the biggest concessions seen yet for an acquisition and most of this will be a self-inflicted wound by Microsoft themselves. Sometimes it really helps to just shut up 🤣.

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

The comments are a shit show, but one of the few Xbox fanboy comments which did not contain a personal attack on Lina herself and was written clearly was from colteastwood. He was still parroting the current MS narrative, but he avoided calling her a clown and other names and talking shit about the FTC itself. I wonder if this is an organized movement - attack anybody who is not 100% in support of the deal or if they just constantly search for such news. Either way, it's not a good look for MS.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The comments are a shit show, but one of the few Xbox fanboy comments which did not contain a personal attack on Lina herself and was written clearly was from colteastwood. He was still parroting the current MS narrative, but he avoided calling her a clown and other names and talking shit about the FTC itself. I wonder if this is an organized movement - attack anybody who is not 100% in support of the deal or if they just constantly search for such news. Either way, it's not a good look for MS.

Oh it absolutely is, they are highly organized these days.... they are all on the same page and all have the official talking points.

As I said... the fanbase is 'weaponized'.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Regardless of what anyone thinks of his opinions, lets send our well wishes to Hoeg, looks like had had an accident or something and needs a surgery tomorrow.

Yeah, saw in the CLS discord.... hope it all goes to plan and he is healthy and good after.

I may not agree with his opinions but I would never like to see any misfortune happen to him.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Shit, looks like he had a stroke. He looks very young to be having strokes at this age ..

Hopefully its a fast recovery.

• sad
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Shit, looks like he had a stroke. He looks very young to be having strokes at this age ..

That sounds almost like an embolism and not a stroke. Nasty shit. Hope he gets better.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

no matter how young you are if you are overweight like he was it was a given sooner or later you will kick the bucket