Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Out of the two newspapers that MS bought ads in, the Daily Mail has a reputation for being extremely non-credible from what I hear (if someone from the UK is here can they confirm?). The financial times appears to be a bit more balanced though. They ran the ad, but they also ran a story essentially arguing that what Bobby Kotick said about the UK tech industry dying if they don't approve the deal isn't accurate.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Out of the two newspapers that MS bought ads in, the Daily Mail has a reputation for being extremely non-credible from what I hear (if someone from the UK is here can they confirm?). The financial times appears to be a bit more balanced though. They ran the ad, but they also ran a story essentially arguing that what Bobby Kotick said about the UK tech industry dying if they don't approve the deal isn't accurate.

Find the most trashiest news outlet in your country that is basically what daily mail is. They have been sued over the years for all sorts of stuff.

Not gonna say everything they say is not credible, but never trust anything that comes out of them without checking other sources. Their whole audience are only interested in hating on anybody and everything so they play to that tune.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Find the most trashiest news outlet in your country that is basically what daily mail is. They have been sued over the years for all sorts of stuff.

Not gonna say everything they say is not credible, but never trust anything that comes out of them without checking other sources. Their whole audience are only interested in hating on anybody and everything so they play to that tune.
I figured. That's what I had heard as well.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Imagine what kind of unhinged messages these people would be sending Jim on twitter if he had one.
I can see Jim just spamming this as a response to any of Lulu's dumb tweets:

HelpfulAggravatingAtlanticblackgoby-max-1mb.gif

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
LMFAO, why would this even make any sense?
It doesn't, it was just another desperate attempt to put pressure on the CMA.

If this deal does get blocked, all the revenge fanatasies people are coming up with will be just that fantasies. Companies aren't fanboys to hold a grudge against a country where they are hugeley successful.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
lmao, some of them believe MS will leave UK if the deal don't goes through.
Sure, Jan, let's alienate a huge part of our windows and office business out of spite and lose that sweet, sweet pound money.
What the hell are these people thinking?
Damn imagine the fallout between the US and UK government

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Some of MS response to the Provisional Findings seems pretty indignant. They were essentially insulting the CMA by saying that the UK is such a small region and they have no right to get in the way of such a large global deal in one part of the document.
An American company telling the Uk they are small and insignificant will go down like a lead balloon. I'm looking forward to MS telling Europe how they own them and must do what they say because they're an American company.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Part of the fantasy revenge narrative is *checks notes* that regulators will pursue Sony for abusing their market dominance and securing 3rd party exclusives, which is an unprecedented act in any industry.

More likely is that the regulators set their sights on trillion dollar Microsoft and start working to break it up.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Some of MS response to the Provisional Findings seems pretty indignant. They were essentially insulting the CMA by saying that the UK is such a small region and they have no right to get in the way of such a large global deal in one part of the document.
Wow. Mind sharing a link? I believe you i just want to see it for myself lol.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Part of the fantasy revenge narrative is *checks notes* that regulators will pursue Sony for abusing their market dominance and securing 3rd party exclusives, which is an unprecedented act in any industry.

More likely is that the regulators set their sights on trillion dollar Microsoft and start working to break it up.
I never understood where the narrative of 3rd party exclusives being unique to Sony came from. Nintendo had 2 year exclusivity contracts with 3rd party devs well before Playstation had even been conceptualized.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

I would love if MS got sliced as a consequence of this failed merger.