Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

24 Jun 2022
This is a new low score for Microsoft using a war ridden country for their political agenda. Just to convince the regulators. Shame on this company…

TBF, he's getting obliterated in the replies.

And reee is eating it up.. I’m not even surprised.. microsoft is scum

The people on Reset in that thread in blind support for the acquisition aren't particularly smart individuals.

And it was discovered they are in Romania but they changed it this week for this deal with MS 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

View attachment 793View attachment 794

So they're lying about their base of operation? Just because it'd look more politically advantageous to claim they're Ukrainian?

This is actually disgusting? ResetERA doesn't care about this exploitation?

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
And it was discovered they are in Romania but they changed it this week for this deal with MS 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

View attachment 793View attachment 794
Someone tweet this to the CMA!

200w.gif

24 Jun 2022
One minor correction, when they say largest cloud gaming service, they mean largest independent service, so not one that's part of a larger company like Nvidia.

I guess; feels like such a borderline semantics type of thing to distinguish, but I understand why they did it. Makes MS seem more willing to provide content to "large" cloud gaming providers, something that's been brought up as a concern by regulators.

Genuinely don't feel Boosteroid meets those qualifications though. 4 million users isn't very much. AFAIK you still have to own the game anyway like with GeForce NOW.

Reactions: AshHunter216

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I guess; feels like such a borderline semantics type of thing to distinguish, but I understand why they did it. Makes MS seem more willing to provide content to "large" cloud gaming providers, something that's been brought up as a concern by regulators.

Genuinely don't feel Boosteroid meets those qualifications though. 4 million users isn't very much. AFAIK you still have to own the game anyway like with GeForce NOW.
Oh they're definitely using some tricky wording. They've been doing that throughout this entire process.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is a new low score for Microsoft using a war ridden country for their political agenda. Just to convince the regulators. Shame on this company…

Man these names in Portuguese are really bad :D

Boosteiroid reads like "lot of shit/feces" (Bosta = shit/feces, Bosteiro = Bad-spoken, who uses dirty words, Bullshiter in Portuguese BR)
FedorovMykhailo reads like "stinky/bad smell Myhhailo" (Fedor = stinky/bad smell in Portuguese BR)

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I know the translation/meaning of the words but it is really weird when similar writting in your native means something else completely.

The company should change the name in Brasil.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That Florian character is really stretching today to try to play "Bad Sony" to his followers:

It's already well-established how biased he is. And Sony aren't the ones trying to convince regulators to let them buy a publisher, so Sony music's record isn't really relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doncortez77

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
From Idas:
These were the third party cloud gaming providers mentioned by the CMA in the provisional findings:

- NVIDIA GFN
- Facebook Gaming
- Google Stadia
- PlayStation Now
- Nintendo Switch Online
- Shadow
- Amazon Luna
- Antstream Arcade
- Boosteroid
- Utomik
- Blacknut
- Gamestream
- Wiztivi

Maybe they‘ll try to get an agreement with Facebook and Amazon too? In any case, Facebook Gaming + Nintendo Switch Online were excluded because they were considered materially different to xCloud.

Whatever the case may be, pushing up the relevant customer benefits (RCB) numbers is probably one of the best strategies right now to try to make the behavioural remedies work for the CMA.

We’ll see if that’s enough.
Yep, they're committing to a fake 10 year deal and hoping people (and CMA) forget about it by the end of it.
The deal is a trojan horse and companies agreeing with it are stupid since it's temporary.
I don't think CMA will accept it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: One eyed jacks

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
From Idas:

Yep, they're committing to a fake 10 year deal and hoping people (and CMA) forget about it by the end of it.
The deal is a trojan horse and companies agreeing with it are stupid since it's temporary.
I don't think CMA will accept it.
If there's a lot of overlap between the customer base of the services they have signed deals with, I don't see how that increases the numbers in the eyes of the CMA even if they were more open to behavioral remedies. It's also pretty ridiculous imo for MS to insist on these same behavioral remedies.

Last edited: