Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
From Idas:

Yep, they're committing to a fake 10 year deal and hoping people (and CMA) forget about it by the end of it.
The deal is a trojan horse and companies agreeing with it are stupid since it's temporary.
I don't think CMA will accept it.
Customer benefits? Lol.
Not only re they using scam political tactics like victory 4 Ukraine but they re using it as trojan horse for all those services and users to promote GP and make those platforms dependable on them in future. Let alone about pricing and cloud stuff.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

• haha
Reactions: AniWeeb

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Decided to browse ERA. It seems they realized these deals for CoD are empty promises lol
InstallBase where is the place where more people are calling out Sony and defending MS.
They even reached the point to say CMA report has not evidence of anything and that MS docs in favor of the aquisition are strong.

Yes our friend Bernrd is very active there.

They believe CMA doesn't have a case lol

24 Jun 2022
Someone ask that Era thread how allowing Microsoft to grab more power in the gaming industry helps Ukraine against Russia.

"Microsoft can revive the failed HoloLens team and have them bundle in COD with the headsets for US soldiers, boosting their skills and morale to fight the good fight against the Russians!"

"Microsoft can make a COD Ukraine expansion to bolster support for Ukraine in the war!"

They would do insane mental gymnastics like those to justify it.

Decided to browse ERA. It seems they realized these deals for CoD are empty promises lol

Wait you mean today's deal with BoostMobileAndroid was the last straw?

Aww man.

Hey maybe someone can start up a Dendy shell and Microsoft sign a deal with them next week!

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
InstallBase where is the place where more people are calling out Sony and defending MS.
They even reached the point to say CMA report has not evidence of anything and that MS docs in favor of the aquisition are strong.

Then they have a fundamental lack of understanding about how the CMA works. The CMA don't have to worry about winning a court case the same way the FTC does.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

CMA doesn't need to have a "case", it's not going to court. They'll do whatever they want.
They're completely deluded.

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

From this post:
All the things Microsoft is doing are likely useless in convincing the CMA imo.
The problem is COD ip. And for Sony, the FTC, the CMA , Google and probably other players we don't know about, the only way to accept the deal is that COD ip does not come into microsoft's possession.
Paradoxically providing the game to as many competitors as possible with behavioral remedies will only increase the damage to the competition once the terms expire and Cod becomes exclusive, since many more players will try cod and many more players will be inclined to follow cod where it goes. Without counting the concerns that microsoft might not honor agreements or might provide competitors with an inferior version of the game and the time which especially with regard to the cloud market is not at all enough to prevent damage, 10 years is not a long time for cloud market etc... This is why the CMA believes that in this case it is very unlikely that behavioral remedies will give a solution to the problem.
Exactly why I'm saying these 10 year deals are trojan horses. MS is not stupid, neither is the CMA.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Then they have a fundamental lack of understanding about how the CMA works. The CMA don't have to worry about winning a court case the same way the FTC does.

CMA doesn't need to have a "case", it's not going to court. They'll do whatever they want.
They're completely deluded.
I think you guys misunderstood me.
I said they doesn't have a case because they believe CMA is just doing that for political reasons and that nothing in their 275 pages documents shows anything that can block the deal.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
24 Jun 2022
Then they have a fundamental lack of understanding about how the CMA works. They don't have to worry about winning a court case the same way the FTC does.

Sounds like they should just stick to sales analysis. But even that could be compromised given it's consoles from the same companies involved in this acquisition that's making some of them devolve into dumb takes. So actual sales analysis from those individuals would be subconsciously biased towards their preferred brand without them even realizing or acknowledging it.

And I'm just speaking of the specific users who are so far gone thinking the CMA of all regulators doesn't have a case to argue. They're acting like the CMA have voted the block the deal...maybe they should've after all :/.

Reactions: ethomaz

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think you guys misunderstood me.
I said they doesn't have a case because they believe CMA is just doing that for political reasons and that nothing in their 275 pages documents shows anything that can block the deal.
Those people would have to provide proof that it's just political then.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Saw this image on twitter. So according to the FAQs, boosteroid dont sell games as part of the service. This is one of the BYOG type of service so help me understand why was Microsoft making a big deal about this?

FrM0TpBWAAQCoqv

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Saw this image on twitter. So according to the FAQs, boosteroid dont sell games as part of the service. This is one of the BYOG type of service so help me understand why was Microsoft making a big deal about this?

FrM0TpBWAAQCoqv
Basically, from what I understand, the service lets you stream the games you own to different devices. Apparently, the service already lets you stream COD if you own it, though you would be violating ABKs TOS by doing so. I guess MS are promising that they'll change the TOS so that you can no longer get in trouble for streaming the games you own on these services, which isn't as major as they make it sound.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

FrM0TpBWAAQCoqv

Shady Microsoft stuff. Company moves from Romania to Ukraine, signs a deal with MS that is used for pure virtue signalling, and some people don't bat a fucking eye.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The fact that Boosteroid hurried to change their location (and the CEO's location on LinkedIn) from Romania (Dubai) to Ukraine to help MS score political points is hilarious.

Somebody please tweet this to Chris Dring at gamesindustrybiz. At least we know he'll report it.
Even dring won't do it, journalists don't have the backbone to delve deaper into this.