Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony's far from broke dude, and you're going to have to cite some sources on the whole third parties don't like Sony thing. I think you've let this whole doom and gloom shit consume you.
I was being sarcastic. Im sorry if it wasn’t obvious lol.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
About Fosspatents on Reset.....

View attachment 985

Banned for telling the truth.

No ban for this douche below though...

View attachment 986

I'd call Foss Patent's Twitter cult Lulu-lite. Still haven't seen that interview they did with Xbox Two but I'm not expecting anything different from what they ramble about on Twitter, so nothing worth listening to.

I've stopped searching for what the hate parade has to say. It's obvious they prefer a situation where Xbox has a massive advantage and Sony only have their current first party studios versus the remainder of the industry that should ideally belong to MS in their minds.

Also, Square's biggest budget titles have only been hitting Playstation lately, so their Nintendo argument is flawed.

If Sony did get Square, those people would likely be incredibly upset, even though it would be a much smaller purchase than ABK, simply because they don't think Playstation should be allowed to do anything, lol.

Honestly that's what it is. These people who are so fervent for MS to acquire everything and contort themselves into the most inane talking points to basically say "no, Sony can't buy anyone to compete!", don't want "competition", they want replacement. They just want Sony out of the industry simply by being outspent, because they have 20+ years of history to show them that Microsoft cannot beat Sony on grounds of actual competition in the gaming industry. They know this, it pains them internally, and they have to swallow that reality every single day which is why their talking points during all this acquisition BS have become more and more radicalized.

They all basically sound like NPCs regurgitating the same stale script, repackaged in different flavors like a variety pack of cheap ramen noodles. But you can taste all the years of salt seeping through every single word they say, in every post they make, just from a single scoop of their soggy soup.

Any company buying multiple publishers is not good for gaming, much less one with MS' history. I honestly couldn't say that it was with a straight face no matter how much money was on the line for me personally. One of the reasons I normally pay no attention to Hoeg is because he is clearly biased.

I don't see a lot of the Sony haters because I don't go looking for them. Just hear about things once in a while on here.

Yeah, Hoeg Law definitely leans green. I think people like Colin know this but still bring them on for interviews because it gives the illusion of debate, and know that two people who lean different ways being in the same discussion over a heated topic will draw in a lot of people who are into that potential drama.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Listened to this last night, actually shorter than I thought it would be...

Nothing really surprising, Hoeg has always been team green and says gamers should 'hope Xbox succeeds' because according to him it is good for gaming...

Colin says that if Starfield doesn't hit big, that it will be damning for the gamepass model and everything Xbox is trying to do.....

Hoeg says Microsoft will go on to buy more and that they COULD go for Taketwo or EA but both say it is likelier to be mostly studio size acquisitions.

-----------------------------------------

Meanwhile over on Resetera, we have some fools (Fiendcode) thinking that Nintendo will outbid Sony for Square....and pointing to Square releasing more games on Switch over a 2 year period... I find it laughable tbh.

It's just unbelievable how many Sony / PS haters are out there just trying to attack everything Sony does.... every move, every game, every potential move, they don't want sony to be able to do anything in response and they get pretty angry under the surface at the idea that Sony could respond to MSFT with anything significant.

They celebrate making 3rd party game exclusive and attack Sony making their own franchises and exclusives from the ground up with their own studios....
There is absolutely no winning for Sony in the minds of these psychos.
Sony right now
5cgc56.png

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
It's fascinating to see Microsoft operating a reduced revenue model in the short term, with the goal of increasing subscriber count, then referencing their relative low revenue vis-a-vis PlayStation to justify acquiring more publishers.

I learned of Florian Muller's conflict of interest only recently. Explains why I keep seeing his writings posted to Reddit and other communities wanting the merger to proceed.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's fascinating to see Microsoft operating a reduced revenue model in the short term, with the goal of increasing subscriber count, then referencing their relative low revenue vis-a-vis PlayStation to justify acquiring more publishers.

I learned of Florian Muller's conflict of interest only recently. Explains why I keep seeing his writings posted to Reddit and other communities wanting the merger to proceed.
Fascinating is one way to put it. They're devious little shits and the sooner people and regulators see through this and block them the more confidence I'll have in the human race.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't think Colin realizes how biased Hoeg is towards Microsoft.

I bet he does now, after having that conversation. I understand legally unless they prohibit games on specific platforms it technically cant be called a monopoly but come the fuck on Hoeg? Microsoft is the only one with the funds to make such purchases. There for how do smaller entities compete? They dont have the buying power?

So shouldnt regulation step in?

You can't sit there and believe its ok for MS to literally own the industry?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Another incentive that Sony has to respond with acquisitions of their own is that the bigger MS becomes the harder it becomes for them to limit themselves to Xbox while PlayStation has more than double the installed base already.

Sony wins the moment MS quits on Xbox, this is not about beating Gamepass/xCloud or MS as a publisher, it's about getting MS out of the console business.

As of right now the Series has been a big failure and other than the fact MS was willing to spend a lot of money in those acquisitions everything else has gone Sony's way.

My curiosity now is in regards to how Sony will react if the deal is approved, they have been surprisingly passive this whole gen specially in the last one and a half years. If Sony is to unveil things like a PS5 Slim, PS5 Pro, more third-party deals, start to market their own future lineup, a decent portable solution. If Sony is back to their 2009~2016 form Xbox could easily be done for before next gen when these acquisitions will actually start having any meaningful impact.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Stole this from 4chan, thought it was a good post that can also be applied to Microsoft:

EA perfected the technique all the major publishers use back in the early 2000s after experimenting since the 90's:
1) Acquire a studio with a good reputation or strong IP. By hostile takeover if necessary (see: Bioware)
2) Gut payroll ASAP - chase out anyone that can command a significant salary or organize workers in opposition to the new owners
3) replace the workforce you forced out with recent graduates that have no idea what kind of salary to ask for or conditions they should put up with
4) Burn and turn workers and pump out crap that sells on brand/property recognition until the studio's name is dirt
5) Rename or shut down the studio and move on to the next one

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Man, I’ve said it MANY times over the years, but seriously, FUCK NINTENDO.

Microsoft and Nintendo have been using an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend concept" for years. Remember when Microsoft team up with Nintendo for Minecraft and Sony didn’t allow crossplay? They really forced Sony into allowing crossplay.
ER1Dk1uWoAU8wTs

Sony is looking weak in almost every way

Last edited: