Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
This is a great scene from scent of a woman, I plan on basing my response on it if the CMA allow the acquisition.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
The gamer lawsuit is true, sony got subpoenaed and understandably didn't resist and are gonna give over documentation.

Yes this is correct. I have seen some misinformation going around that "Microsoft was surprised Sony supported the lawsuit" like this:

This isn't the case at all and an awful headline. Microsoft was just "surprised" that Sony had already supplied documents since they weren't aware they were already supplied as I guess the plaintiff didn't disclose that they had received them. They were not "surprised" at the fact that Sony supplied documents because why wouldn't they? They were subpoenaed and obliged.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
They promote this deal harder than any game they've had in years. It's like the live from Playstation ads, but for a buyout, lol.

Damn I was just about to say that!

Really weird how hard they push for stuff like this, but promote their own games like a wet fart. Shows you where their priorities are in gaming I guess.

MS tactics here..... that prominent Xbox logo in ad about a lucrative hugely popular IP in public places, and not mentioning PS, which has marketing rights

Can they legally do this? Sony does have marketing rights for COD, right? They could technically argue this violates the marketing agreement they currently have with ABK, as it's MS using COD prominently in an advertisement of their own.

I guess technicalities could be argued though i.e MS aren't using a specific COD entry and aren't explicitly using it in an advertisement to push sales towards Xbox. But Sony could argue technicalities of their own in that case.

Reactions: laynelane

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why do this if confidence is high? Even the chest thumping about the EE deal was weird.
They are just putting the pressure on regulators to do what MS or else they'll be vilified. I'm not from the UK so I don't know how things work there but it does comes off as something really aggressive and it should probably be illegal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters