Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Wait, he wants information on Sony acquisitions? Did Sony buy a Japanese publisher the whole anti Japanese nonsense came out of nowhere after all.
Either they think Sony is about to buy one or they're trying whatever they can to clear the way so that they can buy one.

• Informative
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There should be an investigation as to why Microsoft is allowed to lobby politicians to spout fake evidence to investigate rivals. That seems like anti competitive practices to me.
If there was ever any doubt now it's obvious how corrupt MS is and how much they are committed to destroying PlayStation.

I really hope Sony is able to once again embarrass MS and Xbox. What a trashy company.

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Why in the hell is Resetera so pro Xbox now?Is this over Sony marketing Hogwarts?

ResetEra staff made a point to counter the perceived PlayStation bias on NeoGaf. They did so by appointing a very influential Microsoft MVP to help oversee the forum. They slowly overcompensated as more and more Xbox fans were promoted to control discussion. I knew something was amiss one month when anti PlayStation baiter ghostcrew—a member with numerous infractions to his name—began complimenting Sony first-party. I joked to myself his account had been compromised. Several weeks later he was appointed moderator. The place is teaming with Xbox Ambassadors today.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
ResetEra staff made a point to counter the perceived PlayStation bias on NeoGaf. They did so by appointing a very influential Microsoft MVP to help oversee the forum. They slowly overcompensated as more and more Xbox fans were promoted to control discussion. I knew something was amiss one month when anti PlayStation baiter ghostcrew—a member with numerous infractions to his name—began complimenting Sony first-party. I joked to myself his account had been compromised. Several weeks later he was appointed moderator. The place is teaming with Xbox Ambassadors today.
Makes sense. They went overboard trying to get rid of the whole 'SonyGaf' reputation and basically became an Xbox forum as a result.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
SonyGaf was never SonyGaf. In normal conditions, all VG discussion would look like it was pro-Sony because they're the most popular console manufacturer of all time. PlayStation is the biggest brand in gaming. This forum definitely leans heavier than most, but that's a true correction to the abhorrent shitholes that are Resetera who did indeed stack their mod team with Xbox ambassadors and Installbase where craven Nintendo lunatics went to stew about Japanese sales.

Forgot what thread I was in for a second. That senator needs to get voted out, to put it politely. Hope Sony tells him to shove his request up his ass.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
SonyGaf was never SonyGaf. In normal conditions, all VG discussion would look like it was pro-Sony because they're the most popular console manufacturer of all time. PlayStation is the biggest brand in gaming. This forum definitely leans heavier than most, but that's a true correction to the abhorrent shitholes that are Resetera who did indeed stack their mod team with Xbox ambassadors and Installbase where craven Nintendo lunatics went to stew about Japanese sales.

Forgot what thread I was in for a second. That senator needs to get voted out, to put it politely. Hope Sony tells him to shove his request up his ass.
It leans more, because you can't discuss anything positive about Playstation anywhere without being banned.
There are a lot of examples where people are banned just for breathing if they feel you are more leaning towards Playstation

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I notice that a lot of places do this, they assume that the PS dominance reflected on forums is something that needs to be countered when it's just the reality of things, a lot more people like PlayStation, specially enthusiasts. It's very silly to empower Xbox fanboys to try and even the playing field.

Exactly. To me if you are not spreading lies and bullshit it doesn't matter how you view any console but it's pretty hard to take any Xbox fan seriously at this point, It's hard to figure out exactly what they are a fan of.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why in the hell is Resetera so pro Xbox now? Shouldn't they hate MS more than pretty much any other company given who they are?

Is this over Sony marketing Hogwarts?
I noticed this towards the end of last gen. It was so sudden, everyone was thinking Sony "needed to adapt" or Xbox would destroy them, completely forgetting that MS was inactive most of last gen as a games publisher. Turns out Sony is just fine selling $70 games at a premium because they are QUALITY and they do it CONSISTENTLY. You cant just put out a cheaper product and think marketshare will flood your direction, maybe in the grocery store market, but not with entertainment media. People will always pay a premium for what hype, I mean look at Apple!

2020-2021 you'd think series s + gamepass was gonna be a global phenomenon if you only read ERA lmao

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Wheres the FTC, Japan, or even sony themselves questioning why microsoft is using senators to used veiled threats against rivals? Like shouldn't the ftc be asking what the motives of these senators are?
Haha. No.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I noticed this towards the end of last gen. It was so sudden, everyone was thinking Sony "needed to adapt" or Xbox would destroy them, arrogant sony claims and all, when all they ever did was give us exactly what we wanted last gen, great games. Turns out Sony is just fine selling $70 games at a premium because they are QUALITY. You cant just put out a cheaper product and think marketshare will flood your direction, maybe in the grocery store market, but not with entertainment media. People will always pay a premium for what hype, I mean look at Apple!

2020-2021 you'd think series s + gamepass was gonna be a global phenomeno if you only read ERA lmao
It’s funny how few people seem to recall it was Take2 and Activision that were actually the first to announce they were going to price PS5 and XBox Series games at $70.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It’s funny how few people seem to recall it was Take2 and Activision that were actually the first to announce they were going to price PS5 and XBox Series games at $70.
Exactly lol, its was gonna happen anyway but ERA decided to blame sony and point to gamepass as the future.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I noticed this towards the end of last gen. It was so sudden, everyone was thinking Sony "needed to adapt" or Xbox would destroy them, completely forgetting that MS was inactive most of last gen as a games publisher. Turns out Sony is just fine selling $70 games at a premium because they are QUALITY. You cant just put out a cheaper product and think marketshare will flood your direction, maybe in the grocery store market, but not with entertainment media. People will always pay a premium for what hype, I mean look at Apple!

2020-2021 you'd think series s + gamepass was gonna be a global phenomeno if you only read ERA lmao
Knowing how MS operates I wouldn't be surprised if it's actual astroturfing. MS isn't exactly subtle about it, given that they usually show ties to even the most mental Xbox fans.

I noticed this towards the end of last gen. It was so sudden, everyone was thinking Sony "needed to adapt" or Xbox would destroy them, completely forgetting that MS was inactive most of last gen as a games publisher. Turns out Sony is just fine selling $70 games at a premium because they are QUALITY and they do it CONSISTENTLY. You cant just put out a cheaper product and think marketshare will flood your direction, maybe in the grocery store market, but not with entertainment media. People will always pay a premium for what hype, I mean look at Apple!

2020-2021 you'd think series s + gamepass was gonna be a global phenomenon if you only read ERA lmao
MS is charging $70 for Redfall, so much for that narrative. MS being "pro consumer" because of their focus on service also doesn't make any sense when we have stuff like PS+ Essentials and Extra.

Now that MS is getting rid of all the tricks to get cheap Gamepass people finally will be forced to face reality.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's the point, spread fud, lies everywhere and that's forms as true. Ridiculous really. It is straight up propaganda.
And people later believe that, look, 20 years passed, idiots still blaming Sony for Sega fucked up.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Knowing how MS operates I wouldn't be surprised if it's actual astroturfing. MS isn't exactly subtle about it, given that they usually show ties to even the most mental Xbox fans.

MS is charging $70 for Redfall, so much for that narrative. Gamepass being "pro consumer" because of it's focus on service also doesn't make any sense when we have stuff like PS+ Essentials and Extra.
Sony doesn't even do day 1 games and their first party has a stronger out put on the service than gamepass. GoT, Spiderman, Horizon, Returnal are just a few, meanwhile Xbox gamepass with... halo? gears? forza? what else is there even AAA wise? this is the same shit they got roasted for even BEFORE XBOX ONE and they still have the same content issue lmao, what a worthless games company