Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yep, they can do it. For couple more weeks. Maybe they will now consider complain by Sony since CMA didn't do it before.
If the update by idas on era about the remedy papers being sent out is correct, then not sure if they will delay anymore.

Tomorrow is the last day ms will get those papers allegedly, if MS throw a hissy fit tomorrow onwards then we know CMA have held their position of asking for divestiture.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If the update by idas on era about the remedy papers being sent out is correct, then not sure if they will delay anymore.

Tomorrow is the last day ms will get those papers allegedly, if MS throw a hissy fit tomorrow onwards then we know CMA have held their position of asking for divestiture.
Aren't the remedy papers something the cma would post on their website?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
We'll likely hear how it went tomorrow. Given their previous 180, I wouldn't get my hopes up over the cma giving any more pushback, but I'd like to be wrong.
Pretty much this. The CMA has shown they're willing to backtrack on their decision based on some pretty bad data. So don't expect them to make a big fuss here. They're approving this.

Reactions: nongkris

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Living in a "politically important city" I see stuff like this all the time, pretty sure it doesn't work on politicians, but then again, the CMA isn't supposed to be political.
It's always been about appealing to the public, and if things go south they can make the regulators and sony look bad.

D

Deleted member 417

At what point do we look at this corruption and say "wait a minute". Is this a U.S. only thing where politicians openly paid by major corporations get to put on shows like this?
Yes it is. In the UK this kind of activity is illegal. Why the UK would allow illegal practices to sway decisions by their regulatory body is quite the brain teaser.

Reactions: Johnic and Ezekiel

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Lmao! that dude's argument basically boils down to the idea that Playstation beating Xbox hurts the job market in North Dakota. Also, I wonder if Resetera will hail him as a hero given their political leanings versus his.
Why in the hell is Resetera so pro Xbox now? Shouldn't they hate MS more than pretty much any other company given who they are?

Is this over Sony marketing Hogwarts?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
“If AMERICAN companies can’t buy out and monopolize an industry and you’re against it then US Congress is going to investigate you. Can’t have those *insert asian racial slurs* doing well and making AMERICA look bad can we?”

Resetera is one of the few forums Microsoft astroturfers got to go along with helping g them. Probably paid off on the back end. Gaf probably wasn’t worth it because of its reputation.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
“If AMERICAN companies can’t buy out and monopolize an industry and you’re against it then US Congress is going to investigate you. Can’t have those *insert asian racial slurs* doing well and making AMERICA look bad can we?”

Resetera is one of the few forums Microsoft astroturfers got to go along with helping g them. Probably paid off on the back end. Gaf probably wasn’t worth it because of its reputation.
Microsoft will never succeed with this charade. Remember FTC is one of the powerful organs in the entire US. Don’t expect any high politicians like the White House to participate in this shady intrigue of Microsoft. They have much bigger problems than fighting over stupid toys.

Gun crime, unemployment, climate change etc. This is probably like I said before, a desperate attempt to buy a Japanese publisher. They were rejected to buy Sega, like the rumour tells. They tried to hostile takeover Sega Sammy when TGS 2022 was held. Japanese government blocked it and that’s the chatter right now.