Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Hopefully people keep their composure tomorrow.
We are watching...
I am going to post a haha message to the people who told me specifically that it was already dead and I needed to go back and read the CMA statement again. If they rule the way a majority here want them to I am expecting much crowing and "what will Adam say" so all is fair.

Though, obviously, it doesn't stop here either way, MS will appeal a requested divestiture if one occurs and even without that there is the FTC ruling this fall, which looks primed to be a massive political football in the US, largely irrelevant to gaming, related to FTC powers.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

She is a bad actress which is obvious

At least she isn't posting lame borderline MS fangirl memes. But then again, there is tomorrow :/

This deal has exposed how hypocritical that whole forum is. Union-busting is fine as long as the person throws shade at their nemesis Playstation on twitter.

If it's any consolation, it seems like their view counts have been dwindling over the past few weeks especially for PlayStation-related threads. People would rather go to other places where the mods and admin don't blatantly enable hardcore Xbox console warriors and reward them with echo chambers, in order to get their PlayStation news.

It's not even the fact that people are against 'bad' PS news; it's the fact that ResetERA IMO has formed a reputation of exacerbating or perpetuating negative PlayStation news and suppressing spread of negative Xbox news, as much as possible, and this has been entirely down to the mods and admin of the site who have enabled known Xbox fanboys/fangirls on the forum (not to mention, some of the mods are clearly pro-Xbox).

Or at least, that is how it has seemed to develop IMO.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just want to advise everyone on here that we have seen increased visitors to the site and even if just one or two of these are xbox fans (fanatic) reading what the 'other side' thinks... they may use the opportunity to screenshot any complaints or disagreeable comments and frame it as a 'meltdown' and portray the forum negatively.

If anyone wants to vent, please join the discord and we have an area that is more protected for chat like that.

DM me for a link

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just want to advise everyone on here that we have seen increased visitors to the site and even if just one or two of these are xbox fans (fanatic) reading what the 'other side' thinks... they may use the opportunity to screenshot any complaints or disagreeable comments and frame it as a 'meltdown' and portray the forum negatively.

If anyone wants to vent, please join the discord and we have an area that is more protected for chat like that.

DM me for a link

But this forum is for all. Any person trying to argue in good faith for or against this, or for or against any plastic box, shouldn't have an issue.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
But this forum is for all. Any person trying to argue in good faith for or against this, or for or against any plastic box, shouldn't have an issue.

Yeah, the forum is the main focus and should be where any well considered posts go.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
At least she isn't posting lame borderline MS fangirl memes. But then again, there is tomorrow :/

If it's any consolation, it seems like their view counts have been dwindling over the past few weeks especially for PlayStation-related threads. People would rather go to other places where the mods and admin don't blatantly enable hardcore Xbox console warriors and reward them with echo chambers, in order to get their PlayStation news.

It's not even the fact that people are against 'bad' PS news; it's the fact that ResetERA IMO has formed a reputation of exacerbating or perpetuating negative PlayStation news and suppressing spread of negative Xbox news, as much as possible, and this has been entirely down to the mods and admin of the site who have enabled known Xbox fanboys/fangirls on the forum (not to mention, some of the mods are clearly pro-Xbox).

Or at least, that is how it has seemed to develop IMO.
They've apparently been bragging about how popular the Xbox OT has become on that forum. Any remaining Playstation fans on there likely need to come here with the way that forum is headed.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

DM me for a link

And I'll just take pictures of their posts and make fun of them on Twitter. It's an easy game to play ;).

Granted, no meltdowns on my end if the deal's approved by CMA. I never thought it would get blocked. The funny part though is that people are thinking it'll be passed with no concessions from the CMA. It'd be hilarious if it gets approval but on the condition of stricter behavioral remedies or even a structural remedy imposed by the CMA even after all these 10-year deals.

They've apparently been bragging about how popular the Xbox OT has become on that forum. Any remaining Playstation fans on there likely need to come here with the way that forum is headed.

"Popular" is an interesting way for them to put it. It's probably just the same handful of Xbox posters who post all day putting out mostly meaningless posts to inflate the post count in the thread, that way it stays among the top of threads on OT side and that encourages more people to click to view the thread.

I think the forum employed or encouraged a similar strategy with the Jim Ryan email kerfuffle in an effort to divert attention away from the RedFall & Starfield delay announcements from Microsoft/Bethesda (which happened at around the same time).

EDIT: Although the funniest thing I found out recently is Tru1paya (or however you spell their name) doesn't even have an Xbox (they have a PS5 tho), but was capping for MS in the ABK thread 🤣. Their reasoning for doing so was even funnier, sounds like they fell for the "let us have competition" hoodwink.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Damn Xbox cheerleaders lacking reading and comprehension skills.

There are so many “maybe”, which is translated in other words: "I have no idea if anything I wrote is true, I'm just guessing"

IMG_5909.jpeg

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Damn Xbox cheerleaders lacking reading and comprehension skills.

There are so many “maybe”, which is translated in other words: "I have no idea if anything I wrote is true, I'm just guessing"

View attachment 1078

I actually hope that Sony did it. That's exactly what they should do, starve and kill Xbox while it's vulnerable. If you want PlayStation to market your game you shouldn't be able to go behind their back to support gamepass. Sony should make devs have to chose because as things are all relevant devs would chose sales on PS5 over upfront money from Gamepass only devs that know their game is going to flop would chose to cut a deal with Gamepass.

Last edited:

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
I actually hope that Sony did. That's exactly what they should do, starve and kill Xbox while it's vulnerable. If you want PlayStation to market your game you shouldn't be able to go behind their back to support gamepass. Sony should make devs have to chose because as things are all relevant devs would chose sales on PS5 over upfront money from Gamepass.
Yeah I wouldn’t suggest Sony get into a financial war with MS if I was a Sony fan……

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I actually hope that Sony did. That's exactly what they should do, starve and kill Xbox while it's vulnerable. If you want PlayStation to market your game you shouldn't be able to go behind their back to support gamepass. Sony should make devs have to chose because as things are all relevant devs would chose sales on PS5 over upfront money from Gamepass.
Sony needs to buy them. This fake rant about Square Enix has to come to an end. I can’t hear it anymore really. They don’t even buy the games nor do they play them. I hope that Sony will announce the deal after ABK has cooled down a bit.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I am going to post a haha message to the people who told me specifically that it was already dead and I needed to go back and read the CMA statement again. If they rule the way a majority here want them to I am expecting much crowing and "what will Adam say" so all is fair.

Though, obviously, it doesn't stop here either way, MS will appeal a requested divestiture if one occurs and even without that there is the FTC ruling this fall, which looks primed to be a massive political football in the US, largely irrelevant to gaming, related to FTC powers.
If you made the claim that the deal would pass without concessions and that's what happens, that'll be your right.

If you sat quietly, stewing, and are expecting to rub a result you had no hand in predicting in other people's faces, I wouldn't bother because you'll get torn to shreds.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony needs to buy them. This fake rant about Square Enix has to come to an end. I can’t hear it anymore really. They don’t even buy the games nor do they play them. I hope that Sony will announce the deal after ABK has cooled down a bit.
Depends on how much Sony is paying them for these deals and how much support the PlayStation division have from Sony, I don't thing it's that clear cut. It might be better for Sony to go after another publisher if they already get so many key SE games as exclusives.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Depends on how much Sony is paying them for these deals and how much support the PlayStation division have from Sony, I don't thing it's that clear cut. It might be better for Sony to go after another publisher if they already get so many key SE games as exclusives.
Remember there is always the potential threat of another Yoichi Wada appearing. Square Enix betrayed Sony already once. No need for risks, buy them out. This worrying about Square Enix needs to be taken care off.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Edmund