Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
200w.gif

giphy.gif

Mind you everyone should know this is how it works. Was kinda amusing then as it's now when some users here laughed at the idea that somehow the precious "EU" was a vassalage pushover bunch when I mentioned it earlier. Back when it was all "good news" - and the "good guys" were giving the impression they were on the case to bring "evil" MS to heel (quality theater). Some posters were so sure of their worldview so blindly that they disrespected themselves by going to bat for these bureaucrats as if they knew it all (out of some false sense of desperate hope). But it's not about serving crow on such an unfortunate thing. I will say though, never again, if you can help it, be the idiot that bats hard and displays ignorance with pride on subjects you have a superficial understanding of - specially any that concerns government bureaucrats and public servants of "non-banana" republics aka democracies. Banana republics learn the ways from the teachers - always. Sophistication in means and ways doesn't change the essence of the acts. I've been around the rot so I understand it well but if you take a critical look at governance all around you, if you ask the right questions, you'll spot the rot just the same, and arrive to the same conclusions, eventually.

You even got a paper trail on a news site and you know absolutely nothing is going to happen (corruption will get rewarded). You can only laugh.... for the world moves on, and tomorrow the sun will rise again and you'll have the same problems you had yesterday to deal with. Everyone will continue to look after themselves until all of it reaches critical mass and explodes.... hopefully without a world war reset this time, as is usually the case when all goes to shit. We're quite a few decades from boiling point still so, "rejoice and enjoy" Pax Americana, Pax "Westernia" while it lasts - you got but no choice.
Yea people discussing this as if it was actually based on anything but politics and ability to influence/corrupt the regulators. This was always a long shot for Sony, it hardly matters what strategy they used, it was not up to them.

The real questions were never asked, what I hoped would have happened at least was Xbox financials being exposed but no, the sustainability of the model and how it would lead to MS having all the leverage over third-party devs if it succeed was never brought up. After some point the focus turned all towards Sony as if they were the ones trying to buy a publisher and in need of justifying their business model, completely absurd.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
And we have a winner. MS is going to use her to shove both Google and Apple aside and secure their cloud dominance. And all regulators and politicians are all of a sudden blind.
Azure cloud/servers are supposed to suck a dick, and loads of non Azure stuff gets rolled into the Azure usage/finance numbers. Like XB cloud access.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Does anyone think that if Xbox suddenly becomes so huge and hard to ignore, Sony will have a harder time making deals with 3rd party publishers?
Being huge dont matter if the fans on that ecosystem dont buy the products that the 3rd party publishers is making. Microsoft would have to have a huge turn around in buying percentages before any 3rd party would take notice. Now the historical sales data shows that its ok to skip that system because it would sell more on Sony and Nintendo platforms

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Does anyone think that if Xbox suddenly becomes so huge and hard to ignore, Sony will have a harder time making deals with 3rd party publishers?
I don’t think that Xbox will ever be commercial success. The X360 era was only successful for MS because of certain points:

1. Sony was overall in a huge mismanagement, not only PlayStation division. Also known as dark times for Sony.

2. Sony had chosen a difficult system architecture with CELL. They should have sticked with Toshiba (they developed the PS1 & PS2 chip) or for example AMD.

3. Microsoft was really lucky having Urata back then. Without him they would never have gotten this many Japanese exclusive.

Xbox 360 era will be a one in a lifetime occurrence. PS4 and PS5 are stronger than ever living in peoples head. PS6 will have even more crazy hype. Microsoft should ditch the console business. I don’t see them even reaching One era numbers (50m).

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

I don’t see why Xbox market share will change that dramatically? The brand perception is at an all time low.

Reactions: Bryank75

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Yea people discussing this as if it was actually based on anything but politics and ability to influence/corrupt the regulators. This was always a long shot for Sony, it hardly matters what strategy they used, it was not up to them.

The real questions were never asked, what I hoped would have happened at least was Xbox financials being exposed but no, the sustainability of the model and how it would lead to MS having all the leverage over third-party devs if it succeed was never brought up. After some point the focus turned all towards Sony as if they were the ones trying to buy a publisher and in need of justifying their business model, completely absurd.

This. We should have been able to get a good look into their actual financials for the Xbox division, Game Pass, etc. through this and not have it censored through redactions. But it's okay; I've personally been fairly confident in my own predictions around Xbox hardware sales, Game Pass revenue figures, etc. and I'd dare for an Aaron Greenberg to try saying they're wrong.

Because I would just simply ask them...then what are the real numbers, Aaron? You can't have a refutation by just saying "Nuh-uh, not true!". Put some data behind it. You're not gonna punk me out like you did Jeff Grubb.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I bet Phil Spencer cult can’t sleep, they must be restless. Anyway tomorrow is doomsday (either way which result) guys!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This. We should have been able to get a good look into their actual financials for the Xbox division, Game Pass, etc. through this and not have it censored through redactions. But it's okay; I've personally been fairly confident in my own predictions around Xbox hardware sales, Game Pass revenue figures, etc. and I'd dare for an Aaron Greenberg to try saying they're wrong.

Because I would just simply ask them...then what are the real numbers, Aaron? You can't have a refutation by just saying "Nuh-uh, not true!". Put some data behind it. You're not gonna punk me out like you did Jeff Grubb.
Yep, the lack of wiliness to share any actual relevant data already says all that needs to be said.

I bet Phil Spencer cult can’t sleep, they must be restless. Anyway tomorrow is doomsday (either way which result) guys!
Tomorrow is just another day, it's only doomsday, and in this case exclusively for Xbox player, if the deal somehow doesn't pass with little or no restrictions.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Hopefully people keep their composure tomorrow.
We are watching...
We are never going to hear the end of it I fear.

I personally just want it done and dusted and we can move on asap to a nice Sony event.

It feels like all that gets discussed these days is this shitty buyout, want us to get back as a community to what really matters, Games, and good ones at that.

Give us some Wolverine, please.

X-Men Disney GIF by Marvel

And Dlc with Gambit