Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022
For sure! Jez is entertaining and well informed.
He's one of if not the most entertaining in podcast form. His sound clips even the recent ones have put me in stitches. "Satya what do you have to say about all this? "EAUGH EAUGH EAUGH EAU."" 🤣

Not surprised in the least. Of course they won't show their strategy. Go kick rocks MS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabaus

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
He's one of if not the most entertaining in podcast form. His sound clips even the recent ones have put me in stitches. "Satya what do you have to say about all this? "EAUGH EAUGH EAUGH EAU."" 🤣

Not surprised in the least. Of course they won't show their strategy. Go kick rocks MS.

I could see the usual suspects framing this as Sony "running scared."

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

This "analysis" is just more FUD from the green camp to appease their mouth breather cultists. Microsoft failed to properly file the subpoena, Sony pointed this out. Sony wants more time to file a motion to limit or quash, and this makes complete sense since MS is likely asking for information about PS Studios production pipeline that will include trade secrets. Sony is completely acting in good faith when they ask for an extension when the lawyers at MS actually failed to produce a valid subpoena in the first place.

Negotiations between SIE and Microsoft as to the scope of SIE’s production and a discovery schedule are ongoing. SIE requests an extension of the deadline for SIE to move to limit or quash or otherwise respond to the Subpoena so that SIE and Microsoft can continue to negotiate and thereby eliminate or narrow any issues that need to be presented to the Court for resolution.

Pursuant to the January 4, 2023 Scheduling Order, Microsoft has several months, until April 7, 2023, to complete fact discovery, and, therefore, SIE does not believe the requested extension of one week will delay the progress of these proceedings.

Through correspondence with Microsoft counsel, SIE understands that Microsoft agrees with the relief requested in this motion. WHEREFORE, for good cause shown, SIE respectfully requests that Your Honor grant the requested relief pursuant to 16 C.F.R. § 4.3(b).

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

That is hilarious, the guy who wrote that blog.. Florian Mueller has both MSFT and Blizzard as clients / consults for them and makes apps for MSFT.

You can tell by how it's written, how incredibly biased they are. What a joke.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That is hilarious, the guy who wrote that blog.. Florian Mueller has both MSFT and Blizzard as clients / consults for them and makes apps for MSFT.

You can tell by how it's written, how incredibly biased they are. What a joke.
they like to pad themself at the back..

Reactions: Bryank75

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Their secrets? Sony buys talent, not things like MS first of all.

Talent in writing a script
Talent in gameplay design
Talent in tech
Talent in art
Talent in level/world design
Talent in direction/management

Hit all those and you have something special
I believe that Microsoft does have talent as well, but what they do not have is good management and guidance. You can have amazing talent, but it is useless if you are steering the ship in the wrong direction.

That is their biggest issue imo.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I believe that Microsoft does have talent as well, but what they do not have is good management and guidance. You can have amazing talent, but it is useless if you are steering the ship in the wrong direction.

That is their biggest issue imo.

I know you didn't say it, but I have to ask: How will this acquisition steer the ship in the right direction?

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
I know you didn't say it, but I have to ask: How will this acquisition steer the ship in the right direction?
I was not talking about the acquisition at all. I was simply giving my opinion in regards to Microsoft talent.

It does not mattrr how many acquisitions they will do or which publishers they're getting. If management is not fixed then it's basically a "oh well, tough shit" situation.

The acquisitions were an answer by Microsoft because Xbox One generation was severely lacking in games. So they went on a shopping spree. But now they have management issues, and they need to fix that. I think the reason why you see them buying so many things out so quickly is because they don't want other major tech companies get them like Sony, Amazon or someone else.

Wasn't there a rumor that Apple is getting into the video game market?

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I was not talking about the acquisition at all. I was simply giving my opinion in regards to Microsoft talent.

It does not mattrr how many acquisitions they will do or which publishers they're getting. If management is not fixed then it's basically a "oh well, tough shit" situation.

The acquisitions were an answer by Microsoft because Xbox One generation was severely lacking in games. So they went on a shopping spree. But now they have management issues, and they need to fix that. I think the reason why you see them buying so many things out so quickly is because they don't want other major tech companies get them like Sony, Amazon or someone else.

So what you're saying is that Microsoft is trying to buy everything (before fixing their shitty pipeline) so that other competitors don't enter the market?

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
So what you're saying is that Microsoft is trying to buy everything (before fixing their shitty pipeline) so that other competitors don't enter the market?
Great question - I am not 100% sure what their intention is. I am not Microsoft, I can only make educated guesses based of what's been happening. Or rather say an assumption.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

it is exactly what he is saying. other words. monopolize the market.

and i can add. to call Sony a Major tech company is beyond fallacy. they are 28th in tech companies list. they are underdogs whos punching above their weight in this game.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
it is exactly what he is saying. other words. monopolize the market.

and i can add. to call Sony a Major tech company is beyond fallacy. they are 28th in tech companies list. they are underdogs whos punching above their weight in this game.
PlayStation being top of the heap in games comes from the passion and vision of the team Sony has running things, two things Microsoft has NEVER had in any capacity.

That is why MS can’t compete with a company much smaller and less well-funded than themselves, and there is no way anyone can buy either of those qualities.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Apple Arcade launched on September 19, 2019 and the bulk of the games on Arcade run on every Apple TV launched since then. You can sync Dual Shock 4, DualSense or Xbox One/Series control pads to an Apple TV or Mac computer natively.

They are already in the market, and have a good subscriber base and some excellent games on the platform, many of which are on Apple TV, iOS and MacOS with cloud saves allowing you to keep progress between builds.

Apple Arcade is a better Game Pass than Game Pass in some key ways.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Gediminas