Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

D

Deleted member 223

All is fair in love and war. It's war, MS themselves admitting to such.... thus it will get as dirty as it needs to.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Would be interesting to know which way the cma and EU are leaning/thinking. The wating around for news is almost the worst part of this whole ordeal.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
LhaiAXD.jpg

This entire damage-control tweets by Microsofts communication Lead has turned out to be a self-goal :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If this deal goes through it's going to be a rough time to be a Playstation fan on social media. Some of the takes and pent up anger I'm seeing released around this situation are unreal.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If this deal goes through it's going to be a rough time to be a Playstation fan on social media. Some of the takes and pent up anger I'm seeing released around this situation are unreal.
For the millionth time, if the deal was going to go through, it already would have gone through.

It is not going through. No concessions, no conditions, the deal is going to be denied approval, full stop.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
For the millionth time, if the deal was going to go through, it already would have gone through.

It is not going through. No concessions, no conditions, the deal is going to be denied approval, full stop.
You're going to end up eating those words.

Reactions: ManPhlaps
D

Deleted member 417

LhaiAXD.jpg

This entire damage-control tweets by Microsofts communication Lead has turned out to be a self-goal :ROFLMAO:
No a self goal but an admission of the obvious by Microsoft; Future bethesda games are coming to the Playstation. Anyone who thinks otherwise is huffing massive copium and has been for years.

It makes no sense whatsoever for Microsoft not to put Starfield and ES6 on Playstation. Hell, it would even make Microsoft look better by doing it. "Play it first, for free, on Gamepass (then go purchase it on PS5 6 months later and we earn more money)"

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
No a self goal but an admission of the obvious by Microsoft; Future bethesda games are coming to the Playstation. Anyone who thinks otherwise is huffing massive copium and has been for years.

It makes no sense whatsoever for Microsoft not to put Starfield and ES6 on Playstation. Hell, it would even make Microsoft look better by doing it. "Play it first, for free, on Gamepass (then go purchase it on PS5 6 months later and we earn more money)"
I interpret it as them feeling like it wouldn't make sense to make COD exclusive but it does make sense for the next Elder Scrolls to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

It's a tweet he never should have acknowledged. It undercut the whole premise and the head of communication to incorrectly spell a four letter word speaks volumes.

From this, I think one of the three scenarios happened.
1. He was drunk tweeting
2. He was asked to send a message out on Twitter to stir the hornet's nest showing the public's unhappiness with any block to the purchase, or most likely
3. He attended a meeting where the Xbox Division gave an overview of the current case. However, he processed half the information and called out Sony in a number of tweets without a full understanding of all the moving parts. I'd say he got a message after the "wat" to the Bethesda comment as he probably was told from MS that Bethesda is also a publisher owned by MS and not just a place.

I'd say the last one and if I was Spencer I'd be annoyed with the unprofessional approach by a head of communication.

D

Deleted member 417

I interpret it as them feeling like it wouldn't make sense to make COD exclusive but it does make sense for the next Elder Scrolls.
If it makes sense for Minecraft and COD to be multiplat, it makes sense for ES6 and Starfield as well. Remember back to the 360 days when Microsoft were buying exclusivity? That worked very well to make their platform the lead platform, without having to shell out billions in buying the IP and looking like the bad guy.

This way Microsoft secures the studio and looks like the good guy for not making it exclusive, all the while making more money the better their competitor does.
It's a tweet he never should have acknowledged. It undercut the whole premise and the head of communication to incorrectly spell a four letter word speaks volumes.

From this, I think one of the three scenarios happened.
1. He was drunk tweeting
2. He was asked to send a message out on Twitter to stir the hornet's nest showing the public's unhappiness with any block to the purchase, or most likely
3. He attended a meeting where the Xbox Division gave an overview of the current case. However, he processed half the information and called out Sony in a number of tweets without a full understanding of all the moving parts. I'd say he got a message after the "wat" to the Bethesda comment as he probably was told from MS that Bethesda is also a publisher owned by MS and not just a place.

I'd say the last one and if I was Spencer I'd be annoyed with the unprofessional approach by a head of communication.
He dun goofed without a doubt. He will be this generations' Adam Orth.

Hopefully people remember that guy and how apt the comparison is.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Either Phil Spencer lied again, or they won't come to the PS5.

And it makes a lot of sense for MS to not put Starfield and ES6 on Playstation. MS has money to burn and their sole goal is to not have competition. They want to dominate choice by being the only choice for most games and genres.

D

Deleted member 417

Either Phil Spencer lied again, or they won't come to the PS5.

And it makes a lot of sense for MS to not put Starfield and ES6 on Playstation. MS has money to burn and their sole goal is to not have competition. They want to dominate choice by being the only choice for most games and genres.
Phil spencer lied again.

He loves riling up the console wars, while downplaying console wars. it makes no sense for Microsoft to keep those games exclusive, even as stupid as MS right now. There's zero to gain by keeping them exclusive and a lot to lose.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Phil spencer lied again.

He loves riling up the console wars, while downplaying console wars. it makes no sense for Microsoft to keep those games exclusive, even as stupid as MS right now. There's zero to gain by keeping them exclusive and a lot to lose.

Willing to place a bet?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
He dun goofed without a doubt. He will be this generations' Adam Orth.

Hopefully people remember that guy and how apt the comparison is.
If "bad PR" is all you remember Adam Orth for then you done goofed. The man hated single player, offline games and loved pushing GaaS/microtransaction/game subscriptions. Not only did he help royally fuck up Microsoft's vision in the late 360/early XBO era, he had also been put in charged of, and destroyed, LucasArts immediately prior to that. And somehow he's still floating around out there in the games industry.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 417

If "bad PR" is all you remember Adam Orth for then you done goofed. The man hated single player, offline games and loved pushing GaaS/microtransaction/game subscriptions. Not only did he help royally fuck up Microsoft's vision in the late 360/early XBO era, he had also been put in charged of, and destroyed, LucasArts immediately prior to that. And somehow he's still floating around out there in the games industry.
I was putting it lightly but I didn't know about his role in lucasarts. What an arsehole.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Phil spencer lied again.

Given recent history and MS’ longstanding business practices, you’re really making quite the ass of yourself by insisting MS won’t do EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE.

Yes, it makes no business sense to make Starfield, or COD, or anything that was multiplatform exclusive to Xbox, but that’s only if you care about making money.

Microsoft has run XBox at a huge financial loss for all but two non-consecutive quarters of its existence. They don’t care about profitability, they just want to hurt other companies in the industry, and they make enough elsewhere to absorb the loss. That is actually anticompetitive and monopolistic business practice.

Don’t be naive, anything MS buys is going to be locked into their ecosystem, sense and profit be damned.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Don't be naive, anything MS buys is going to be locked into their ecosystem, sense and profit be damned.
Minecraft, Minecraft spinoffs, Rareware retro titles, agreements signed with Nintendo and offered to Sony and Valve regarding CoD, Halo on Macs, Rare releases on GBA post-purchase. Anything?

• they're_right_you_know