Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Back then Sony owned a big stake, less than 30% and it did them no good. After Yoichi Wada became CEO, he did shit on Sony. He ported and developed less exclusives for Sony. Do you really think this will satisfy Sony?
What if another Yoichi Wada appears?
No it will be not stake, they will get the whole company. No more risks. And I doubt Sony would gift Square Enix with a new and bigger HQ for several billion dollars in the most expensive place in Tokyo, Shibuya. New Square Enix HQ is very, very close to Sony HQ. Sony wouldn’t do this much effort if they weren’t to acquire them. Forget this stake buying, it will not be of interest for Sony Group. Fromsoftware e.g. is another case. Sony got only shares because Kadokawa doesn’t want to sell the whole studio or Sony would have tried to get Fromsoftware in full.
Sony had 20 percent stake in squaresoft, with they merged with enix it got diluted to like 8 percent. Wada was a horrible ceo and from the looks of it, was asked to step down which I’d assume, is sort of rare for Japanese companies. He moved their headquarters because a fortune teller told him to, that’s that’s kind of lunacy wada was about. Sony having 15 to percent or more would be fine with a stable ceo and ff14 taking in the big bucks. An investment would also free them up to make other acquisitions at a faster pace.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sony had 20 percent stake in squaresoft, with they merged with enix it got diluted to like 8 percent. Wada was a horrible ceo and from the looks of it, was asked to step down which I’d assume, is sort of rare for Japanese companies. He moved their headquarters because a fortune teller told him to, that’s that’s kind of lunacy wada was about. Sony having 15 to percent or more would be fine with a stable ceo and ff14 taking in the big bucks. An investment would also free them up to make other acquisitions at a faster pace.
Your recollection is correct, Wada was actually asked to step down by the board of directors, which is incredibly rare in Japanese business.

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony had 20 percent stake in squaresoft, with they merged with enix it got diluted to like 8 percent. Wada was a horrible ceo and from the looks of it, was asked to step down which I’d assume, is sort of rare for Japanese companies. He moved their headquarters because a fortune teller told him to, that’s that’s kind of lunacy wada was about. Sony having 15 to percent or more would be fine with a stable ceo and ff14 taking in the big bucks. An investment would also free them up to mak
You’re still ignoring my point: How should Square Enix be able to pay off a brand-new building in most expensive area of Japan? Not even Nintendo or any other big Japanese gaming company resides there. Square Enix’s current HQ in Shinjuku is less than 10 years old and would be actually no reason to move out. If they would not planing to become consolidated then Shinjuku would do it. In Shinjuku is very cheap compared to other areas in Tokyo. How does it make sense Sony paying several billion dollars for new building in an expensive area but not acquiring Square Enix??? Generosity has its limits, there is no way a wealthy corporation would gift another company with such an expensive asset. Business wise this would be nonsense finance a whole new building but not acquiring the company. Nah I am saying it, wait till in April 2023 until this ABK deal has been decided on and then you will see bro.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
He highly contradicted himself here. What a clown 🤡😂
I'm not sure if arguing about it on Twitter is the best strategy for this either. Shouldn't their objections be done solely through official communication with regulators instead of trying to rally the troops on social media?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm not sure if arguing about it on Twitter is the best strategy for this either. Shouldn't their objections be done solely through official communication with regulators instead of trying to rally the troops on social media?
They basically trying to spread FUD.
This time, he fooled himself and he looks like a clown.
And he is a lead of m$ communications.

• brain

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
He highly contradicted himself here. What a clown 🤡😂
I mean, there's a difference between MP games that rely on server population to thrive and single player games that don't.

Low-key Halo probably should have gone multi-plat about a decade ago.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They basically trying to spread FUD.
This time, he fooled himself and he looks like a clown.
And he is a lead of m$ communications.
It's also interesting that outside of whatever is discussed behind closed doors or in maybe one interview where they are explicitly asked, Sony has been very quiet about their thoughts on this ordeal whereas MS has been very vocal through multiple channels about their thoughts on this process.

Sony's also been accused a lot of being misleading towards regulators about what Microsoft could do with COD if they owned it to screw over PS users, but I'd argue MS isnt being totally honest about how much of an advantage this purchase would give them over their competitors in the market.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I mean, there's a difference between MP games that rely on server population to thrive and single player games that don't.

I'd argue something like Starfield or the next Elder Scrolls would have significantly bigger launches if they were still coming to PlayStation, but it is what it is at this point.

• they're_right_you_know

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'd argue something like Starfield or the next Elder Scrolls would have significantly bigger launches if they were still coming to PlayStation, but it is what it is at this point.
Something like 80% of Fallout 4 sales were on PlayStation 4, despite Bethesda’s attempts to sabotage that version, and the sales lead for the PS5 indicates that it would be a FAR bigger launch for Starfield if it was multiplat, but Bethesda and MS say “Fuck that!”

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
they basically cut off 60%, or even more, of their customers by chasing clout.

• they're_right_you_know

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Halo should have just been put to rest when Bungie wanted to end the series and walk away, but all MS knows is strangling the golden goose to diminishing returns, until it dies as a shadow of itself.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Time and time again whenever there’s bad news looming on the horizon, Microsoft and their PR shills always through sand in the gears to make Sony look like the bad guy. The fact the EU concerns aren’t public, to me, and how Microsoft control leaks, I’m thinking it’s not as Rosie as some Would think. Businesses don’t publicly complain like this if things are going their way. IMO

• brain
Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
We aren't talking about launches though, we're talking username health. A dead game can't sell loot boxes or battle passes but single player games exist solely for selling themselves (3rd party) or the console they are on (first party).

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That dude's tweets are starting to make the rounds on news websites.

yes, this FUD find it's way into the media fast. parroted by xbot sites and entertained by shills.
this is 4th week in the row there FUD flies crazy against Playstation.

• they're_right_you_know

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
yes, this FUD find it's way into the media fast. parroted by xbot sites and entertained by shills.
this is 4th week in the row there FUD flies crazy against Playstation.
Hopefully most reading about this will note the source of the claims and take it with a grain of salt given that they have a vested interest.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully most reading about this will note the source of the claims and take it with a grain of salt given that they have a vested interest.
it should be killed in first minute.
no one gonna verify it, it is true or not. that's why this nonsense goes fast through media. they get paid, or makes traffic and paid anyways. it is connected. all works together.
how many people will verify, not many. by the time, damage is done.

• they're_right_you_know