Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
it should be killed in first minute.
no one gonna verify it, it is true or not. that's why this nonsense goes fast through media. they get paid, or makes traffic and paid anyways. it is connected. all works together.
how many people will verify, not many. by the time, damage is done.
It may be part of a ploy to get the public on their side and have them pressure the regulators into letting them have it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
it should be killed in first minute.
no one gonna verify it, it is true or not. that's why this nonsense goes fast through media. they get paid, or makes traffic and paid anyways. it is connected. all works together.
how many people will verify, not many. by the time, damage is done.
A lie gets around the world before the truth gets it’s shoes on.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It may be part of a ploy to get the public on their side and have them pressure the regulators into letting them have it.
No Doubt Yes GIF by The3Flamingos

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If Jez cordon is writing articles accusing Sony of lying to regulators, after presumably Microsoft already got their stipulations for the deal from the EU, then I think it’s safe to assume, Microsoft wasn’t happy with what they were given. Now it’s a PR campaign to attack Sony. That’s my take anyways.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If Jez cordon is writing articles accusing Sony of lying to regulators, after presumably Microsoft already got their stipulations for the deal from the EU, then I think it’s safe to assume, Microsoft wasn’t happy with what they were given. Now it’s a PR campaign to attack Sony. That’s my take anyways.
The conditions would have been publicly announced, they don’t tend to only give them privately.

It’s just MS’ ongoing FUD campaign rolling along as usual.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I love this scene from the Simpsons!

Edit: It's safe to say MSFT got stipulated.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The conditions would have been publicly announced, they don’t tend to only give them privately.

It’s just MS’ ongoing FUD campaign rolling along as usual.
I did not realize that conditions had to be public. I do remember reading that they were supposed to giving Microsoft their concerns soon.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I did not realize that conditions had to be public. I do remember reading that they were supposed to giving Microsoft their concerns soon.
They delayed the announcement until the trial begins in the US, so don’t expect conditions, expect the deal to be shot down entirely.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Paul Tassi in his article thinks Microsoft is in the right and Sony in the wrong but MS are using the wrong arguments.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Paul Tassi in his article thinks Microsoft is in the right and Sony in the wrong but MS are using the wrong arguments.

"Their argument is bullshit, but they still are right."

I'm impressed at Paul Tassi's mental gymnastics, trying to preserve a modicum of credibility by pointing out an obvious fallacy without biting the hand that feeds you is a difficult task.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Enough with the ridiculous flaming. Turn it down a notch.
I mean, you can see how agitated, hostile, and downright unpleasant Xbox fanboys have become this gen. They're ready to fight at the drop of a hat, much like our very own @adamsapple . Buyers remorse, severe droughts and lack of games, and the overall feeling that the industry at large is passing them by due to their console choice, is fuelling some of the most toxic behaviour we've seen in this business yet.

Make no mistake folks, these guys want us to pay for THEIR mistakes.

To these folks I say, well, you willingly invested into this failed ecosystem on your own accord! When I bought an XBOX BONE ONE last generation, coming off of the X360, I really couldn't foretell what was to come. I had no warning signs that the console would remain exclusiveless and unsupported--both by 3rd parties and the parent company itself--I simply expected a continuation of the X360. Woe was me when holiday after holiday would pass, and in my stocking I'd find nothing but 60's metacritic timed exclusives, and coal courtesy of Phil and the gang up in Redmond.

Those who have bought the Series, I ask: What did you expect? We poor souls who bought the XBONE BONE ONE were the case study and the experiment, and we paid dearly with our $500 for a failed investment, if only now in hopes of warning future would-be patrons of the Xbox brand.

For those who went from BONE BOX ONE to BONE BOX S, then to BONEBOX X, then to BONEBOX SERIES A N U S S E X -- whatever the hell they're calling these things today, I question your mental health, foresight, and financial responsibility.

If you willingly re-invested in the failed commodity known as Xbox, you have no right to exclusive games, or acquisition begging of any sort.

You have chosen unexclusivity, last place, and a dearth of all games. You invested in as much and are receiving what you are owed.
maxresdefault.jpg

The activision deal SHALL NOT PASS!

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Latest pissing campaign is about parity, the only thing I can think of that can get them really riled up is cod on gamepass.

We know regulators have shown concerns about MS getting a huge advantage on sub services with this deal, wouldn't be surprised if it's preventing cod being put on gamepass.

The other option is allowing cod being on ps plus, but we know ms have already offered that, so no reason they would get pissed at that.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023

I love how he's says a bunch of nothing

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Latest pissing campaign is about parity, the only thing I can think of that can get them really riled up is cod on gamepass.

We know regulators have shown concerns about MS getting a huge advantage on sub services with this deal, wouldn't be surprised if it's preventing cod being put on gamepass.

The other option is allowing cod being on ps plus, but we know ms have already offered that, so no reason they would get pissed at that.
cod on ps+, m$ offered that? can we see that in writing?

what m$ says is completely irrelevant, they hundred of times caught lying, sued multiple times.

m$ threw massive amount of fud into the media and see what sticks for braindead bots.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
cod on ps+, m$ offered that? can we see that in writing?

what m$ says is completely irrelevant, they hundred of times caught lying, sued multiple times.

m$ threw massive amount of fud into the media and see what sticks for braindead bots.
Its was from a bloomberg article from last year, there wasn't any specifics of the offer.

It was just a desperate PR campaign, there is too many issues with the offer aswell. MS could easily price it insanley high to put on ps plus making not worth it for sony.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean, you can see how agitated, hostile, and downright unpleasant Xbox fanboys have become this gen. They're ready to fight at the drop of a hat, much like our very own @adamsapple . Buyers remorse, severe droughts and lack of games, and the overall feeling that the industry at large is passing them by due to their console choice, is fuelling some of the most toxic behaviour we've seen in this business yet.

Make no mistake folks, these guys want us to pay for THEIR mistakes.

To these folks I say, well, you willingly invested into this failed ecosystem on your own accord! When I bought an XBOX BONE ONE last generation, coming off of the X360, I really couldn't foretell what was to come. I had no warning signs that the console would remain exclusiveless and unsupported--both by 3rd parties and the parent company itself--I simply expected a continuation of the X360. Woe was me when holiday after holiday would pass, and in my stocking I'd find nothing but 60's metacritic timed exclusives, and coal courtesy of Phil and the gang up in Redmond.

Those who have bought the Series, I ask: What did you expect? We poor souls who bought the XBONE BONE ONE were the case study and the experiment, and we paid dearly with our $500 for a failed investment, if only now in hopes of warning future would-be patrons of the Xbox brand.

For those who went from BONE BOX ONE to BONE BOX S, then to BONEBOX X, then to BONEBOX SERIES A N U S S E X -- whatever the hell they're calling these things today, I question your mental health, foresight, and financial responsibility.

If you willingly re-invested in the failed commodity known as Xbox, you have no right to exclusive games, or acquisition begging of any sort.

You have chosen unexclusivity, last place, and a dearth of all games. You invested in as much and are receiving what you are owed.
maxresdefault.jpg

The activision deal SHALL NOT PASS!

Lets be better and stop name dropping posters?

Antagonizing even if you are not the one that started it, is something we should abstain from. If we want to be seen better than Gamefaqs, 4chan, and other places then we need to just use the tools we have. Ignore feature is a thing.

I don't mean to come off as a old guy yelling at the screen, im just sick of seeing the stupid console war chatter on both ends.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lets be better and stop name dropping posters?

Antagonizing even if you are not the one that started it, is something we should abstain from. If we want to be seen better than Gamefaqs, 4chan, and other places then we need to just use the tools we have. Ignore feature is a thing.

I don't mean to come off as an old guy yelling at the screen, im just sick of seeing the stupid console war chatter on both ends.
Who made you a mod?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
What if by “parity” Sony means day one on ps plus like gamepass? And that’s the hang up for Microsoft but also seems reasonable to regulators ?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
What if by “parity” Sony means day one on ps plus like gamepass? And that’s the hang up for Microsoft but also seems reasonable to regulators ?
Yeah day one could be something getting ms really pissy, they lose one of their biggest advantage of this deal. It would also expose the fraudulent campaign that this is all about mobile, which is obviously bullshit.

Last edited: