Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
no matter what happens. The meltdown on either side will be fun to see :)

Eh, I just think it damages the industry overall.... why do Xbox need more publishing operations?

COD is on the decline and I'm sure we will see COD - Dinosaur soon and thats how you know it's over.

As well as that, Diablo was just released and Overwatch is a disaster, so Blizzard probably wont have much good for quite a while.

King is the only thing really worth anything.

But now developers and emerging teams will have less options of publishers to approach, ABK will just be an extension of Xbox and most developers will want to be on PlayStation in all likelihood.

I'm also very curious to see how Starfield does, will we get sales figures? How will they compare to Fallout 4 etc.... we have yet to see how Microsoft has possibly damaged the industry / limited sales potential etc.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Capture_decran_2023-06-17_a_20.26.54.png

The thread's one voice of reason has had enough. Toxic asshole gremlinz and his wall of texts have pushed him out of the thread.

Decent people like him are always welcome here.

I'll even give them a custom tag :)

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
The meltdown we saw when the CMA blocked it and killed the deal definitively is still ongoing. Go entertain yourself with that.

Your hypothetical around Xbox legally closing (in the UK) would involve both parties moving their entire business out of the UK - Microsoft and ABK - and doing so independently of each other. Whoever perpetuated that horseshit about ringfencing the UK or Gamepass or cloud or Activision is again just trying to prop up the share price so institutional investors can exit their position or minimise their loss.
you can say the deal is dead all you want, it doesn't change the fact, that the deal is far from dead. IF the FTC is defeated, the deal is going through. Why would MS waste their time with the FTC if they know the CMA is unmovable? Their confident they can get the deal done with the CMA. But thats only if the FTC is out of the picture. CMA will be the ONLY ONE left. And yes! that melt down was good when the CMA blocked it. But thats old news.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
who said anything about MS pulling out of the UK? Never said that. They have other way to complete the deal without breaking the law. Such as moving ABK out of the UK(massive undertaking). They can also close the deal regardless of the CMA(illegal to the UK.). MS would take fines and penalties but they would have to fight the cma in a real court.
I don't know why this keeps on getting spewed.

Microsoft would need to completely exit the UK market. That means Windows, Office, Azure, exbox, etc no longer being sold in the UK.

It's not about moving employees out of the UK, it's not about setting up a subsidiary in the UK, it's not about renaming their company, it's complete removal of MS from the UK market.

I invite everyone who still thinks this deal will go through to invest all their savings in ABK stock.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
you can say the deal is dead all you want, it doesn't change the fact, that the deal is far from dead. IF the FTC is defeated, the deal is going through. Why would MS waste their time with the FTC if they know the CMA is unmovable? Their confident they can get the deal done with the CMA. But thats only if the FTC is out of the picture. CMA will be the ONLY ONE left. And yes! that melt down was good when the CMA blocked it. But thats old news.
The deal is dead. You're deluded.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Are you freebasing Preparation H or something? Your brain must look like Swiss cheese to think the way you do.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
lmao. Dont be too upset when the deal goes through 😘
And there it is. Mask right off. I'm surprised it took this long for you to go from "CMA is the last obstacle" to "Who knows what will happen" to "yes sir Mr Microsoft sir *lick lick lick*" but what a journey your most recent (and only) 12 posts on this forum, in this thread, have been.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
And there it is. Mask right off. I'm surprised it took this long for you to go from "CMA is the last obstacle" to "Who knows what will happen" to "yes sir Mr Microsoft sir *lick lick lick*" but what a journey your most recent (and only) 12 posts on this forum, in this thread, have been.

Nah. He's 100 percent certain the deal is dead. Now I'm 100 percent certain it's going to close. What's wrong about that?

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Cuco, the only meltdown i seen here its your two neurons trying hard to make you not shit in your pants while you write at the same time

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
So, just few days ago people on social media, forums ( here too) claimed that FTC filled the injunction took the MSs bait and it is welcomed

Now is othewise, huh

Reactions: Airbus

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
So, just few days ago people on social media, forums ( here too) claimed that FTC filled the injunction took the MSs bait and it is welcomed

Now is othewise, huh

No. The injunction always had the potential to kill the deal. its still a good thing because they don't have to wait to august to deal with the ftc. They can get them out the picture before the deadline.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Now is othewise, huh

Tbh both aren't contradictory.

What's in the second tweet microsoft is actually using as an argument to convince the judge to not grant the injunction. Trying to put a bit of pressure on the judge to not be the person who kills the deal.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
nah. If it was fact, the thread would be closed. Here we are, still talking about the ongoing deal. I know a lot of people on this thread are anti xbox, but it still doesn't change the facts. 😏
it doesn't. still, deal is blocked. fact. if it wasn't blocked, it was already went through. also a fact.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nope, The deal isn't blocked because MS/ABK haven't walked away. It's still on going. Fact. You can say its dead/blocked all you want. It won't make it true....

The CMA booked their hearings for AFTER the deal close date. Unless both companies extend said close date via shareholder vote, deal is dead. The thread is open because there's always the chance they extend that, of course. But as things stand, its dead and we'll get confirmation on the 18th of July