Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
The CMA booked their hearings for AFTER the deal close date. Unless both companies extend said close date via shareholder vote, deal is dead. The thread is open because there's always the chance they extend that, of course. But as things stand, its dead and we'll get confirmation on the 18th of July
exactly, so it isn't dead...

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
No, it's on life support and we're just waiting for the 18th to pull the plug. Based on your logic, someone that's brain dead is lively.

Disagree about it being on life support. Only two countries are blocking. FTC is likely to lose this month. CMA will be the only country blocking the deal if the ftc loses. Shareholders will extend the agreement if ftc is routed. Thats probably what they need to extend the agreement. Why fight the ftc if the deal won't be extended, or close in time? MS/ABK has a plan. I think that's obvious. I think this showdown between the ftc this month will determine the outcome of the deal.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I think team “the deal is dead” have failed to realize that ms is not taking no for an answer and is willing to move hell and earth to get across the line.
MS knows the ftc case is soft like baby shit and is very likely to defeat the ftc in federal court on the facts. Once that happens it makes no sense for the abk board to walk away because of the less than 70 million people the cma represents, it makes sense for them to close around the cma after renegotiating terms with ms to do so.

Sucks, but the EU is why we are here, they did not fall in line with their sister regulators and have effed over gamers the same way they effed over gamers with the zenimax unconditional approval. All of the major regulators would have had to agree to block in order for this merger to be blocked, the EU gave ms/abk a life line.

Imo, the deal is a coin toss. I think ms defeats the ftc and closes around the cma.

Reactions: morbidviews98

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Seems like you took that from twitter/era. It's clear some of you don't want to think for your self.
It's best to just gloss over those posts and not respond to them. There's already been enough posts on here explaining why they won't/can't close around the CMA. But people still choose to ignore those reasons.

Reactions: FatKaz
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Disagree about it being on life support. Only two countries are blocking. FTC is likely to lose this month. CMA will be the only country blocking the deal if the ftc loses. Shareholders will extend the agreement if ftc is routed. Thats probably what they need to extend the agreement. Why fight the ftc if the deal won't be extended, or close in time? MS/ABK has a plan. I think that's obvious. I think this showdown between the ftc this month will determine the outcome of the deal.

They say hope never dies, so keep in hoping. The shareholders will absolutely not extend the deal, at least the ABK ones. None of their scheduled / planned shareholder meetings mention this, which just shows the lack of interest.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Seems like you took that from twitter/era. It's clear some of you don't want to think for your self.
ight, why dont you tell us what you think is about to happen in your own opinion?

And for the record im against this merger, but let us hear your outcome or point me to a post of yours where you tell us how you think this ends.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
That is why Xbox is dead is a much better bet than the deal is dead.
Xbox sucks like shit but xbox aint dead, far from it. SF despite all the hate its getting is gonna be a massive hit for them, its gonna sell and its gonna review well cause its the type of game reviewers love in the west, and its literally FO in space, people are gonna buy the fuck out of that game.

As much as i wish they was dead, they aint.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
They say hope never dies, so keep in hoping. The shareholders will absolutely not extend the deal, at least the ABK ones. None of their scheduled / planned shareholder meetings mention this, which just shows the lack of interest.
Of course not. That case is still on going and is secret. FTC battle is crucial. If MS wins the deal is going through. Extend the agreement or close around the cma. In fact, MS told the FTC that they may close on the 15th which triggered the injunction. FTC said they didnt have to file an injunction because the CMA blocked it. So that turned out to be a lie, they in fact thought MS would close despite the cma. So it's a real possibility. Soon will see whos rights and who is wrong. MS seems hell bent to really get ABK. If CMA won't budge, being the only country opposing the deal, they leave MS no choice but to go around them.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Xbox sucks like shit but xbox aint dead, far from it. SF despite all the hate its getting is gonna be a massive hit for them, its gonna sell and its gonna review well cause its the type of game reviewers love in the west, and its literally FO in space, people are gonna buy the fuck out of that game.

Looks dead to me. I'll give you a pass on No Man's Skyrim, then what? Fable, Forza, Avowed and Hellblade ain't going to do shit to get Xbox going. Starfield can end up being a Zelda like success and not much will change.

Series S keeps looking worse over time, Series X underperforms to this day, even on the service front PS+ Extra now looks like a better service than Gamepass. PS5 has all the momentum, nothing about Xbox is exciting.

It all adds up, things don't reset because Xbox is now trying harder (if that's even true). The lack of success from the Xbox One years is still fresh on everyone's mind and makes so that Xbox has a much weaker library. Even when it comes to the small details Xbox gets everything wrong, no VR support, no improvements to it's outdated controller, can't properly show of their games and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Of course not. That case is still on going and is secret. FTC battle is crucial. If MS wins the deal is going through. Extend the agreement or close around the cma. In fact, MS told the FTC that they may close on the 15th which triggered the injunction. FTC said they didnt have to file an injunction because the CMA blocked it. So that turned out to be a lie, they in fact thought MS would close despite the cma. So it's a real possibility. Soon will see whos rights and who is wrong. MS seems hell bent to really get ABK. If CMA won't budge, being the only country opposing the deal, they leave MS no choice but to go around them.
I think you’re mistaken something. This hearing is about a possible injunction, nothing more less.
What could realistically happen, if the judge denies the injunction:
The judge may refuse to grant the preliminary injunction, and the agency fights on. That can be appealed to a federal appeals court. In any case, an administrative law judge at the FTC is scheduled to hear arguments about the deal in August.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
I think you’re mistaken something. This hearing is about a possible injunction, nothing more less.
What could realistically happen, if the judge denies the injunction:
The judge may refuse to grant the preliminary injunction, and the agency fights on. That can be appealed to a federal appeals court. In any case, an administrative law judge at the FTC is scheduled to hear arguments about the deal in August.
Yes, But the deal can still be closed regardless of a an appeal. Since the PI was denied. FTC can take it to their appeals court, but they don't normally do that after losing in a federal court.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

It will sell just on PC and that ain't xbox. Xbox dead console.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Yes, But the deal can still be closed regardless of a an appeal. Since the PI was denied. FTC can take it to their appeals court, but they don't normally do that after losing in a federal court.
They can’t close the deal if the FTC already sue blocked it.