Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Dude you should do some research before saying something clueless. The FTC and US government were about to break Microsoft up. The one who saved them was George. W. Bush.
So of course if Microsoft do something hostile and not obeying the law, they will receive the consequences for their actions. You’re talking the entire time about the FTC losing: Where on the world did you get this confident take???
Just stop for second this “FTC will lose” my ass. We will know about it pretty soon without needing you spamming the thread continuously. You sound a lot like this Florian Mueller shills who are repeating his gibberish. Just chill out and wait until there’s news. Jeez…

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
So my contention with your point was MS closing over the CMA.

Before you believe the shills, you need to understand the legal consequences of such a move will be huge.

Let's entertain that fantasy, do you think the CMA will let microsoft get away with if they did something like that?

CMA at that point will be fighting for it's very existence, just imagine a big tech company ignoring them and getting away with it. CMA may aswell stop existing at that point, cause other big tech companies will be watching and learning what MS did. CMA will fight this tooth and nail.

And the repurcussions wouldn't just stop with the UK, this will have global effects.

How do you think it will look to other regulators microsoft just completley bulldozing through a regulator cause it didn't like the decision?

Even microsoft isn't that stupid to start that war.
"CMA at that point will be fighting for it's very existence, just imagine a big tech company ignoring them and getting away with it. CMA may aswell stop existing at that point, cause other big tech companies will be watching and learning what MS did. CMA will fight this tooth and nail."

No this is different with MS/ABK. If the FTC loses, CMA will be the only left in the world opposing the deal. Why should their deal die off the whim of 1 country, when the rest of the world passed it? ABK is incredibly valuable to MS. Also their are legal ways to close around the CMA. MLex already reported this. FTC has also stated that MS told them they may close on the 15th, and that spooked the FTC to file an injunction. Previously the FTC said they didn't need to file an injunction because the CMA blocked it. The CMA also said that as well at one of the CAT hearings. But now of all sudden they filed an injunction despite the CMA blocking it. So that means the FTC considered it a real possibility that MS will close despite the CMA. That path isn't fantasy like you anti deal guys say it is, if the FTC considered it a real possibility.

• haha

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Lmao there is no way to close legally in the UK without the CMA.

Someone's been gobbling green ratshit straight from Florian's anus.

"Why should one country waaaah wwaaaah waaah"

Because MS wants to operate in that country and has to abide by that country's laws. If they remove their entire business from the UK and ABK does so to theirs as well independently, then they can close without the UK.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"CMA at that point will be fighting for it's very existence, just imagine a big tech company ignoring them and getting away with it. CMA may aswell stop existing at that point, cause other big tech companies will be watching and learning what MS did. CMA will fight this tooth and nail."

No this is different with MS/ABK. If the FTC loses, CMA will be the only left in the world opposing the deal. Why should their deal die off the whim of 1 country, when the rest of the world passed it? ABK is incredibly valuable to MS. Also their are legal ways to close around the CMA. MLex already reported this. FTC has also stated that MS told them they may close on the 15th, and that spooked the FTC to file an injunction. Previously the FTC said they didn't need to file an injunction because the CMA blocked it. The CMA also said that as well at one of the CAT hearings. But now of all sudden they filed an injunction despite the CMA blocking it. So that means the FTC considered it a real possibility that MS will close despite the CMA. That path isn't fantasy like you anti deal guys say it is, if the FTC considered it a real possibility.
Why is a group like the CMA making a serious decision a "whim"? And they aren't "the only ones." The FTC is against it. The EU sorta backed up the UK but approved it anyway. The idea that the CMA is a Lone Ranger ruining the party is just plain wrong.

Also ... again, if you don't think MS trying to close this while ignoring the CMA would induce serious consequences ... you gotta be crazy.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
Dude you should do some research before saying something clueless. The FTC and US government were about to break Microsoft up. The one who saved them was George. W. Bush.
So of course if Microsoft do something hostile and not obeying the law, they will receive the consequences for their actions. You’re talking the entire time about the FTC losing: Where on the world did you get this confident take???
Just stop for second this “FTC will lose” my ass. We will know about it pretty soon without needing you spamming the thread continuously. You sound a lot like this Florian Mueller shills who are repeating his gibberish. Just chill out and wait until there’s news. Jeez…
Lol, its clear you don't really follow the case. Just stand on the sidelines. You're clueless.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Because MS wants to operate in that country and has to abide by that country's laws. If they remove their entire business from the UK and ABK does so to theirs as well independently, then they can close without the UK.
These guys is clueless. They think, m$ can just ditch regulators 😂

• haha

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023

"hurr durr, but their is no legal way to close without the CMA!"

Yes their is. MLex already reported this. You have to actually follow the facts and comprehend the material. You saying their is no way to close legally when the evidence and facts says otherwise just makes you look like a moron.

Again, MS only needs to pull ABK out of the UK. Not MS themselves.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
Why is a group like the CMA making a serious decision a "whim"? And they aren't "the only ones." The FTC is against it. The EU sorta backed up the UK but approved it anyway. The idea that the CMA is a Lone Ranger ruining the party is just plain wrong.

Also ... again, if you don't think MS trying to close this while ignoring the CMA would induce serious consequences ... you gotta be crazy.

Because of ideology. FTC is widely expected to lose their PI. FTC will have to conjured magic to beat that case. EU didn't back them up. They said cloud is not a different market. Again, if the FTC is routed, they're the lone ranger ruining the party lol.

Again, their are legal ways to close the deal. I have no idea why people here ignore the facts.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No this is different with MS/ABK. If the FTC loses, CMA will be the only left in the world opposing the deal. Why should their deal die off the whim of 1 country, when the rest of the world passed it? ABK is incredibly valuable to MS. Also their are legal ways to close around the CMA. MLex already reported this. FTC has also stated that MS told them they may close on the 15th, and that spooked the FTC to file an injunction.

All of this is garbage that has been debunked time and again. You can keep on parroting a lie, that's up to you.

The CMAs decision determines that Microsoft and ABK are prevented from doing any kind of merger related business (I'm paraphrasing) for 10 years. There's no magical workaround for this

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yes their is. MLex already reported this. You have to actually follow the facts and comprehend the material. You saying their is no way to close legally when the evidence and facts says otherwise just makes you look like a moron.

Enlighten me, have you read the SEC filing? Have you read the documents publicly shared by the CMA?

My best guess is no. I did. You calling people morons when you're only parroting wishful thinking bullshit from MLex (oh boy, the appeal to authority) just shows that the moron is in fact, you.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
All of this is garbage that has been debunked time and again. You can keep on parroting a lie, that's up to you.

The CMAs decision determines that Microsoft and ABK are prevented from doing any kind of merger related business (I'm paraphrasing) for 10 years. There's no magical workaround for this
Debunked by who? The people here? BAHAHAHA! Most of the people here have no idea what their talking about. And they ignore the facts. So that isn't saying anything.

Again plenty of "experts" have already said their is a path forward without the CMA. where is the lie? please tell me. I'm not talking out of my ass.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
"hurr durr, but their is no legal way to close without the CMA!"

Again, MS only needs to pull ABK out of the UK. Not MS themselves.
You're literally clueless. It's the same regurgitated ratshit you can read on reee or Installbase.

Here's some critical food for thought - not for you, because you're just here to shill, but for other readers who might be swayed by your arrogant ignorance.

How did mlex get access to internal MS legal discussions? Have a think about the only possible source there. Could it be the same source that stands to benefit from the acquisition going through?

I encourage everyone to read what Mlex actually reported (via Idas), which is that MS is exploring options to circumvent the CMA - all options are effectively impossible, omit the requirement for MS to leave the UK entirely, and if ABK were to leave the UK, note that it would have to do so independently prior to the closure, which makes no sense to an independent ABK.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Now, I'm putting that green rat on blocked because there's no value in engaging with someone who's going to disappear the moment the deal is abandoned, and who thinks Mueller or Michael Pachter are experts 😂😂😂

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Debunked by who? The people here? BAHAHAHA! Most of the people here have no idea what their talking about. And they ignore the facts. So that isn't saying anything.

Again plenty of "experts" have already said their is a path forward without the CMA. where is the lie? please tell me. I'm not talking out of my ass.

Still no answers. I have read the documentation, provided live updates on one of the CMAs hearings, and have constantly followed the case.

Enlighten me please, let me know how I'm not informed, how my opinion doesn't matter, and why MLex is a better source of truth. Also, please let me know how Microsoft and ABK can close the deal without the UKs approval. Should be easy for you, right?

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
Enlighten me, have you read the SEC filing? Have you read the documents publicly shared by the CMA?

My best guess is no. I did. You calling people morons when you're only parroting wishful thinking bullshit from MLex (oh boy, the appeal to authority) just shows that the moron is in fact, you.
lmaoo MLex is a very reputable source for regulatory news and reports. If you consider them "bullshit" they you're just as bad as these fools. So random gamers on the forum have more knowledge then MLex? lmaooo. You guys are crazy 😂

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
Now, I'm putting that green rat on blocked because there's no value in engaging with someone who's going to disappear the moment the deal is abandoned, and who thinks Mueller or Michael Pachter are experts 😂😂😂
lol its only okay to shill for playstation, according to this fanboy right here. Anything pro deal or xbox is terrible, and you're a shill. this guy is a lunatic. I'll be right here when the deal passes or fails.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
lmaoo MLex is a very reputable source for regulatory news and reports. If you consider them "bullshit" they you're just as bad as these fools. So random gamers on the forum have more knowledge then MLex? lmaooo. You guys are crazy 😂

Are you able to please clarify how the deal can be closed without the CMAs approval? Additionally, can you please clarify how you and MLex are more informed than me?

Also, you should look up what argumentum ad verecundiam is. You'd be surprised.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Lol, its clear you don't really follow the case. Just stand on the sidelines. You're clueless.
You’re not understanding a single thing about laws and economics dude. Like a parrot repeating constantly Florian Mueller’s bs.
I am only seeing you having a meltdown right now here. Prepare yourself for a huge disappointment mister alt account.