Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
You’re not understanding a single thing about laws and economics dude. Like a parrot repeating constantly Florian Mueller’s bs.
I am only seeing you having a meltdown right now here. Prepare yourself for a huge disappointment mister alt account.
nope. All man you guys are going to be SICK when the deal goes through. I can see it now

"But,but,but the cma! They blocked it! how, how, how did they close!" 😂😂😂

hanging onto the CMA for dear life! lol

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
nope. All man you guys are going to be SICK when the deal goes through. I can see it now

"But,but,but the cma! They blocked it! how, how, how did they close!" 😂😂😂

hanging onto the CMA for dear life! lol

This doesn't strike me as constructive conversation.

I understand we have a very pro PlayStation crowd here and it's easy to get piled on, particularly where the ABK acquisition is concerned....

If we are being honest, anything could happen with the deal, Microsoft is a very powerful company and has economic leverage worldwide and a lot of media and political influence. The CMA does hold a lot of power though and there are a few significant barriers MSFT have to overcome.

Personally, I just don't see the positive side to this acquisition. It harms gaming more than adds anything to it.
It gives Activision less need to create successful games that sell based on quality, because they could now just depend on Microsoft subsidizing them, it is one less 3rd party publisher for developers to partner with.... as they will be nothing more than an extension of MSFT.

Microsoft already has multiple publishing operations and multiple large shooters (Activision) and RPG's (Blizzard) along with Minecraft which is very successful on mobile.

COD is already accessible through Warzone for free..... and the campaigns are getting worse and worse, so I just don't see the Gamepass benefit.

Is there anything actually logical behind the desperate need Xbox fans have for this acquisition, besides feeling it is a 'Win' against PlayStation?

What are your feelings about the deal? Do they go any deeper than cheap access to games?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
@BigMclargeHuge @morbidviews98 Everyone gets their fair shake here, it's a clean slate and we don't enjoy banning people.

That said, I'd like the thread to get back on topic, avoid the less constructive discussion.... like 'they will be crying', 'I can't wait for the tears' etc etc

And try to be nice to each other!

There is also the 'ignore' button, if you need assistance staying out of trouble.

There are reasons to stay around here and we want to keep building the family, so try to be reasonable. <3

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Are you able to please clarify how the deal can be closed without the CMAs approval? Additionally, can you please clarify how you and MLex are more informed than me?

Also, you should look up what argumentum ad verecundiam is. You'd be surprised.

@morbidviews98 no response, as I expected. Thanks for confirming what we all know to be true.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
FTC to Xbox

Optimus Prime Truck GIF by Transformers

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I already explained this... Also you can go look at the MLex report yourself.

No, I'm asking you to clarify your position. Your lack of willingness to do so shows that your sole intent is not to have a decent conversation but to try and get some reaction from other forum members.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: BloodMod

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022

What? That just doesn't jive with even the most casual Twitter/YT headcount. XB/GP is for America it seems is... Negro territory.

I'm not qualified to talk on if this bleeds further into XB's tribe identity attitude, or is a result of XB being the cheap machine/pick up GP tokens on your Oreo cookie packet but I've always got this impression, moreso from modern GP era XB after the former dudebro fanbase followed COD marketing away to PS4.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I already explained this... Also you can go look at the MLex report yourself.
You are diging and diging deeper hole for yourself.
We DON'T need to read anything mflex or mueller says(complete lunacy), because, Multiple people here, READ whole documents submitted by CMA.
So, go, read it yourself, educate yourself and come back. You will be surprised how much those idiots exploiting xbox people for their own gain.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
No, I'm asking you to clarify your position. Your lack of willingness to do so shows that your sole intent is not to have a decent conversation but to try and get some reaction from other forum members.
i've already did in this thread already. its just a simple matter of reading. since you're too dimwitted, i'll copy and paste what i already said in this thread.

"No this is different with MS/ABK. If the FTC loses, CMA will be the only left in the world opposing the deal. Why should their deal die off the whim of 1 country, when the rest of the world passed it? ABK is incredibly valuable to MS. Also their are legal ways to close around the CMA. MLex already reported this. FTC has also stated that MS told them they may close on the 15th, and that spooked the FTC to file an injunction. Previously the FTC said they didn't need to file an injunction because the CMA blocked it. The CMA also said that as well at one of the CAT hearings. But now of all sudden they filed an injunction despite the CMA blocking it. So that means the FTC considered it a real possibility that MS will close despite the CMA. That path isn't fantasy like you anti deal guys say it is, if the FTC considered it a real possibility."

"Nope. They will be fined billions, but they can make that back, even more so with ABK. But that's only if they close illegally. US government won't break them up lol. What type of fan fiction is this? US courts will already have cleared the transaction. So they don't care. UK will be Alone in their case if the ftc loses. Every country approved it. So the CMA is the odd one out. Also their are legal ways to close without the cma. MLex already reported this, and MS told the FTC they may close on the 15th, triggering the injunction."

"who said anything about MS pulling out of the UK? Never said that. They have other way to complete the deal without breaking the law. Such as moving ABK out of the UK(massive undertaking). They can also close the deal regardless of the CMA(illegal to the UK.). MS would take fines and penalties but they would have to fight the cma in a real court."

"Again, if MS wins against the FTC during these upcoming weeks, CMA will be the only country in the world blocking the deal. So why would other countries care if MS closes regardless of the CMA order? Also just because they close over the CMA doesn't mean its over. CMA will sue and try to get them to break up, or settle. Happen with Meta/Giphy. Even though meta didnt close over them, they just didnt tell anyone about it before they close the deal. Meta closed before telling the CMA they're merging."

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
We DON'T need to read anything mflex or mueller says(complete lunacy), because, Multiple people here, READ whole documents submitted by CMA.
So, go, read it yourself, educate yourself and come back. You will be surprised how much those idiots exploiting xbox people for their own gain.
You're literally clueless. MLex is a great source for reports and news. You just don't comprehend. You don't know more then those guys. You're no expert in any of these fields. Just a random on a thread, that talks out of their ass. Imagine saying that MLex is a bad source for merger news. lmaoo. Literally brain dead.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023
you saying Mlex is bad source for merger news is like saying Jason Schreier is a bad source for gaming news/leaks. You're trolling or just a moron. pathetic.

• haha

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You're literally clueless. MLex is a great source for reports and news. You just don't comprehend. You don't know more then those guys. You're no expert in any of these fields. Just a random on a thread, that talks out of their ass. Imagine saying that MLex is a bad source for merger news. lmaoo. Literally brain dead.
So, you are saying, that OFFICIAL and LEGAL documents submitted by CMA are BAD SOURCE?
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
"who said anything about MS pulling out of the UK? Never said that. They have other way to complete the deal without breaking the law. Such as moving ABK out of the UK(massive undertaking). They can also close the deal regardless of the CMA(illegal to the UK.). MS would take fines and penalties but they would have to fight the cma in a real court."

Out of all that post, this is the absolute best highlight.

They cannot do this. The CMA has forbidden any deals between Microsoft and ABK globally, meaning that if this happens, Microsoft is still liable and will still be very much fucked. If you think they will risk their profitable businesses just for a gaming publisher, you're even more naive than I expected.

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023

They cannot do this. The CMA has forbidden any deals between Microsoft and ABK globally, meaning that if this happens, Microsoft is still liable and will still be very much fucked. If you think they will risk their profitable businesses just for a gaming publisher, you're even more naive than I expected.
they can do that. That's the illegal route. If they do that they will have to pay fines and other penalties. The fine would be several billions but nothing MS can't make back. They would also have to fight the CMA in court if they tried to break them up of ABK. Or they settle with them.

• haha

morbidviews98

Banned
14 Jun 2023

LOL do you forget why the whole PI was set in motion? Because FTC said MS told them they might close on the 15th! Meaning they were going to close despite the CMA lmao. you Sony guys don't think.

• haha