Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
one thing i find amazing its the discourse of some xbox users about how now activision will florish under the ms umbrella,no more anual cod,devs will do whathever they want,etc
the fuckers can manage their own flagship game ( halo) their first party output its dismall and their only saving grace was spending money on bethesda to carry this year
in what world ms management can be best for anyone?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Btw...I just had this passing thought. Now that Blizzard games are kicked out of China, how much is Microsoft overpaying for Actiblizz? I wonder if they're stuck in a no-win situation now. If the deal goes through, it'll be late and they're significantly overpaying for a property that both isn't going to generate as much revenue as projected due to their addressable market shrinking a whole lot compared to their projections, and also due to putting games on gamepass; if it gets blocked then it raises a lot of questions with shareholders based on operational competence leading to a potential shakeup of leadership and a disruption of their business roadmap.

D

Deleted member 417

Btw...I just had this passing thought. Now that Blizzard games are kicked out of China, how much is Microsoft overpaying for Actiblizz? I wonder if they're stuck in a no-win situation now. If the deal goes through, it'll be late and they're significantly overpaying for a property that both isn't going to generate as much revenue as projected due to their addressable market shrinking a whole lot compared to their projections, and also due to putting games on gamepass; if it gets blocked then it raises a lot of questions with shareholders based on operational competence leading to a potential shakeup of leadership and a disruption of their business roadmap.
Maybe they walked away from the contract to make ABK look smaller so that it will be easier to pass the FTC muster

• brain
Reactions: anonpuffs

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

EU issues antitrust warning against Microsoft’s $69 billion Activision bid​

Great news! EU issues anti-trust warning.

More rocky roads ahead for this illegal and devious deal.

Reactions: Yobo

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Gonna be interesting to see what the cma says. Given that their two biggest peers both have concerns with the deal (EU wanting concessions and the FTC wanting to block it outright) I find it hard to believe that they will not at the very least want concessions.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The only chance for that to happen is if the CMA or EU block the deal. They will take any and all confessions.
I'm leaning towards the best case scenario for Sony here being a situation where Microsoft is forced to agree to a bunch of concessions that severely limit the advantages they would gain from this deal if they want it to go through.

Still would end up much better off than if they had agreed to the weak offer Microsoft gave them.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
lol I can't, these Xbox fans so desperate :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot-20230204-041648-Firefox.jpg

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
lol I can't, these Xbox fans so desperate :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot-20230204-041648-Firefox.jpg
Most of these devs listed probably wouldn't be willing to go full console exclusive to the least popular platform. Also a lot Xbox dudes aren't going to bother with something that isn't on Gamepass.

I'd argue that since Microsoft indicates that they want to keep buying publishers after ABK, a third party exclusive here and there is healthier for the industry over letting them outright buy everything.

D

Deleted member 417

Let microsoft have ABK and all exclusivity. They'll run all of the franchises into the ground and not release a goddamn game. While that may sound bad, AB games are MTX trash nowadays and King going under and taking mobile gaming with it, would be a win for everyone

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Seems like a judge just approved Sony's request for an extension on the subpoena documents. The judge also chastised Microsoft for demanding irrelevant data.

View attachment 396
Holy moly! Dirty wenches!

Bet none of the twitter Analysts will ever mention this considering the narrative of a deal done is the circle jerk.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Most of these devs listed probably wouldn't be willing to go full console exclusive to the least popular platform. Also a lot Xbox dudes aren't going to bother with something that isn't on Gamepass.

I'd argue that since Microsoft indicates that they want to keep buying publishers after ABK, a third party exclusive here and there is healthier for the industry over letting them outright buy everything.
They’ll do it if the money is right. However the compensation for the lost sales is likely so extreme it no longer makes business sense resulting in a loss position for the money hatter. It’s likely why we haven’t seen much of this from MS this Gen.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75