Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
lol I can't, these Xbox fans so desperate :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot-20230204-041648-Firefox.jpg
Do xbox fans realise that xbox just doesn't sell games well anymore not just Japanese games but western ones as well, so signing on to these deals would be stupid from publishers.

Ps. Xbox would also try and demand that they would be on gamepass like every other deal they made in the last couple of years.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
lol I can't, these Xbox fans so desperate :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot-20230204-041648-Firefox.jpg
The true irony is that MS would try to do each and any of those things regardless of the outcome of the deal. They have always played dirty, and always will, anyone who was born before 2000 knows what that company is all about.

The whole "payback to Sony" narrative is also incredible hypocritical, considering that the "exclusivity moneyhat" practice was normalized by MS, especially in the PS360 generation. In fact, the most anti-consumer practices that Sony engages in these days were pretty much adopted by following the example of MS. DRM? Online MP paywall? Sony execs must be grateful for Microsoft investing so much into propaganda for years.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What's going on
Why reeeeeeera user's are having meltdown lol
Did something happen to the deal 🤔

They have a whole thread over there of people that have committed so much to the deal going through that I fear for them if it falls through.
I've never seen people so invested in a corporate entity that doesn't give a shit about them....

I've seen them try to rewrite history to make Sony look like some evil gaming overlord in that thread, it's so ridiculous.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They have a whole thread over there of people that have committed so much to the deal going through that I fear for them if it falls through.
I've never seen people so invested in a corporate entity that doesn't give a shit about them....

I've seen them try to rewrite history to make Sony look like some evil gaming overlord in that thread, it's so ridiculous.
I've seen an entire essay from someone over there that went viral on gaming twitter complaining about how 'evil' Sony is and how they need to be crushed and punished for having had more games than Xbox last gen. Also saying that they somehow cheated against Sega back in the day and sabotaged everything from their hardware to their games lineup.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I've seen an entire essay from someone over there that went viral on gaming twitter complaining about how 'evil' Sony is and how they need to be crushed and punished for having had more games than Xbox last gen. Also saying that they somehow cheated against Sega back in the day and sabotaged everything from their hardware to their games lineup.
Sony: "Punish me, daddy, for I have been naughty."

Spank Season 3 GIF by The Office

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Every little slight negative news sends them into a frenzy. Can't say i don't find it entertaining.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You gotta link or post that cringe.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
P

peter42O

is here acting so nice but he shows his true colors elsewhere 😒

Hahaha. I'm pretty sure that I have said the same thing in this OT or at least on this forum. It's not a secret that I want more acquisitions so I get more games on Game Pass day one even though I do have preferences in regards to what Microsoft acquires. Second, as for what I said on XboxEra, that's exactly what I would do if I was Nadella and the deal falls through. Sony has done that shit for 27+ years period. And im someone who would fight fire with fire but with one difference, I go fucking nuclear and if other companies or people don't like it, too mother fucking bad. Not my problem.

My preference is that the ABK deal goes though which I still 100% believe that it will so I can get more acquisitions down the line which would be far smaller in scope, size and money as I want the games on Game Pass day one. Exclusive games and content (which every PlayStation fan has bragged about for decades) is what will grow the platform and eco-system but I'll sacrifice some exclusivity in exchange for getting more day one Game Pass deals especially for games that I want to play.

Sony has never cared about any other company or platform ever. They never will and im not a fan of Microsoft's "nice guy" act. I disagree with it 100% and I simply wouldn't be nice anymore. Don't know why my opinion would be surprising or shocking to anyone here as again, im pretty sure I said this months ago here on this forum. I just don't say it every day.

That's really disappointing @peter42O, taking even more games away from the user base is not the solution,i expected better from you.

If you want to play that game, you can forget about ever Seeing Volcano high on your Xbox, rest in peace Biach.

Why is it disappointing? PlayStation fans have bragged about exclusivity for decades but when the shoe is on the other foot, it's somehow not right? No one is taking anything away because YOU as a consumer still have the option to buy the other console to play the games. I own a PlayStation 5 and I have never once bitched about needing to buy a PlayStation console to play the exclusives on it. Doesn't matter if it's first party or third party. The end result is still the same. You need the other console.

To me, PlayStation fans are way too fucking spoiled, entitled and believe that they should have EVERYTHING but Microsoft and Xbox shouldn't have anything. It's always one sided. Sony can do whatever they want like paying for Final Fantasy 7 and 16 to where PlayStation fans celebrate it but when Microsoft does anything, everyone fucking cries like a little bitch. This is why the difference is that I don't cry, I would simply be a fucking asshole and not give a shit about the other platforms because Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo shouldn't. They should only care about their own platform and eco-system which is what Sony and Nintendo have always done but Microsoft has to be the nice guy? Fucking why? Because they have more money? So fucking what? Maybe Sony should try achieving being a trillion dollar company and pony up some fucking cash to buy a top tier main event level shit instead of mobile studios.

The real truth is that PlayStation fans never ever want to see Microsoft or Xbox do anything no matter what they do. The whole do from within is such bullshit because nearly ALL of Sony's top tier studios were acquired. The only two major studios that weren't were Santa Monica and Polyphony Digital. People are just mad because Microsoft can do what Sony has done but at a far greater level.

The worse part is PlayStation fans believing that they're somehow someway entitled to games from publishers that they don't own a mother fucking thing to. Can't be entitled to something that isn't fucking yours. Period. You want Sony to have ABK for example, then maybe they being Sony should have ponied up $70B in cash. Not my problem or Microsoft's problem that they've been around for twice as long as Microsoft and can't even hit $100B in market cap value. That's purely a Sony problem. No one else's.

Also, the best part is when I see the majority here say that Microsoft and Xbox sucks, they never release any games (even though they actually fucking do) they have mismanagement and leadership issues yet everyone cries when they acquire a studio or a publisher but why? If they're so incompetent then why are PlayStation fans so scared? Is it because these fans truly never want actual competition and just want Sony to dominate forever? Is that it? Because I don't see any other reason and the removing games is bullshit anyway and everyone here knows it but because it's NOT their side doing it, it's somehow bad. It's not. You want to play the other games? It's simple, buy the other fucking box. What's the problem? What's the issue? There isn't any at all.

I don't care about Microsoft's revenue, profits or lack there of like so many here are always talking about or Sony for that matter. None of it is going in my account so why would I care? What I do care about is subscriptions, preferably games day one on a subscription. I don't give two shits about ownership which is highly overrated anyway. What's the point in completing a game and then watching it sit on your shelf decreasing in value with every passing day (unless it's some rare collector's item) and more so, will never be taken off the shelf since it's not going to be played again.

For disc based games, I buy > play > complete > trade in > move on. For any digital purchases, it's for two reasons - one being if there's no disc release for like months or years later, im not waiting to play the game or if I know there will be expansions, etc. post launch, then it's simply more convenient.

Game Pass is great for me. Ubisoft+ should hopefully do the same. But here's a positive for you, if publishers were to have a subscription service on consoles and include their games day one and im not required to stay subscribed for any long period of time, then I don't need or want Microsoft to acquire any publisher but because publishers are greedy as is Microsoft, Sony and everyone else, im greedy too. I want what's best for me. Period.

The only reasons why I even care about ABK is 1) Diablo IV can go in Game Pass and future expansions in Ultimate hopefully, 2) I want COD to be a platform as I don't care about it. I don't want to see 10+ studios wasting away on one game every year. It's ridiculous. 3) Having COD and Blizzard games on Game Pass would help increase the market share for Xbox. Is it going to come close to PlayStation? Not a shot in hell even if COD was exclusive. 4) The more market share they gain, the more subscribers they'll gain to Game Pass which means I will get more day one games in the service. You guys can have the third party games day one as I'll always take Game Pass day one over any type of timed exclusivity which doesn't benefit me in any way, shape or form. 5) Getting ABK even with concessions means that a small studio will be no problem and a smaller publisher like a Sega or a Ubisoft or a Capcom shouldn't be an issue because if the giant one goes through, no reason for the small one not to. And this is all connected to Game Pass for me.

To me, there's just way too much fake concern. First, Microsoft isn't buying everything because yes, even they have a limit of what they will spend. Second, not every company is going to say yes or outside of probably Ubisoft, no other publisher is really in any trouble money wise or with sexual allegations and whatnot. Third, Microsoft isn't limiting or restricting anyone from play their games. Just like with Sony, it's all about getting users into their platform and eco-system. How do you accomplish this? By having exclusive games and content.

No one is restricted from playing anything that they want to play. If anything, PlayStation fans due to being so spoiled and entitled would simply rather bitch about not having games on PlayStation as opposed to being a normal human being who'll just buy the other platform in order to play the games they want to play. Which I find hilarious because if you don't want to buy the other console, then that tells me the games were never all that important to begin with.

I'm 44. I don't restrict myself. If other so called gamers want due to that out of fake loyalty to companies that don't even know they exist, that's up to them. But that's not on Microsoft just like it's not on Sony or me or anyone else. I own both and play both. Will never understand why fans of either side can't do the same in order to play the games that they want to supposedly play. Sony paid for Stellar Blade to be a fully PlayStation 5 exclusive when it was announced for Xbox years ago. You don't see me crying about it. I will simply buy and play it on my PlayStation 5. Why can't PlayStation fans do the same? Why is it so fucking hard to buy and own the other console so when there's an exclusive game that you want to play, you can do so instead of crying and bitching and moaning.

But whatever, to each their own. Just like other people's opinions will never change, neither will mine.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The 70bn will be used on getting ownership of IP and assets. If it fails in gaming, the company will look elsewhere. Had the ABK purchase gone through, it would have hidden the lack of growth in the division (Bethesda did its job for a year).
I don’t know why you would think the Xbox division would be given that money when the deal fails.

The merger is Microsoft buying Activision, not Xbox buying Activision. Xbox runs at a major loss, and thus has no resources to buy a company.

P

peter42O

Do xbox fans realise that xbox just doesn't sell games well anymore not just Japanese games but western ones as well, so signing on to these deals would be stupid from publishers.

Ps. Xbox would also try and demand that they would be on gamepass like every other deal they made in the last couple of years.

I never said for those games like GTA 6, etc. to be on Game Pass. They would simply be fully exclusive to Xbox/PC and thus, you would have to buy them. You get the biggest games especially GTA 6 which is the only game potentially bigger than COD and yeah, tens of millions of consumers would buy an Xbox to play those games.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I never said for those games like GTA 6, etc. to be on Game Pass. They would simply be fully exclusive to Xbox/PC and thus, you would have to buy them. You get the biggest games especially GTA 6 which is the only game potentially bigger than COD and yeah, tens of millions of consumers would buy an Xbox to play those games.
It’s pathetic that you think that way, and also hilarious that you think it would boost XBox instead of killing any exclusives they bought.

Also amazingly stupid to think the publishers want to make those deals when it’s clear they’ll make much more money on PlayStation.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Hahaha. I'm pretty sure that I have said the same thing in this OT or at least on this forum. It's not a secret that I want more acquisitions so I get more games on Game Pass day one even though I do have preferences in regards to what Microsoft acquires. Second, as for what I said on XboxEra, that's exactly what I would do if I was Nadella and the deal falls through. Sony has done that shit for 27+ years period. And im someone who would fight fire with fire but with one difference, I go fucking nuclear and if other companies or people don't like it, too mother fucking bad. Not my problem.

My preference is that the ABK deal goes though which I still 100% believe that it will so I can get more acquisitions down the line which would be far smaller in scope, size and money as I want the games on Game Pass day one. Exclusive games and content (which every PlayStation fan has bragged about for decades) is what will grow the platform and eco-system but I'll sacrifice some exclusivity in exchange for getting more day one Game Pass deals especially for games that I want to play.

Sony has never cared about any other company or platform ever. They never will and im not a fan of Microsoft's "nice guy" act. I disagree with it 100% and I simply wouldn't be nice anymore. Don't know why my opinion would be surprising or shocking to anyone here as again, im pretty sure I said this months ago here on this forum. I just don't say it every day.

Why is it disappointing? PlayStation fans have bragged about exclusivity for decades but when the shoe is on the other foot, it's somehow not right? No one is taking anything away because YOU as a consumer still have the option to buy the other console to play the games. I own a PlayStation 5 and I have never once bitched about needing to buy a PlayStation console to play the exclusives on it. Doesn't matter if it's first party or third party. The end result is still the same. You need the other console.

To me, PlayStation fans are way too fucking spoiled, entitled and believe that they should have EVERYTHING but Microsoft and Xbox shouldn't have anything. It's always one sided. Sony can do whatever they want like paying for Final Fantasy 7 and 16 to where PlayStation fans celebrate it but when Microsoft does anything, everyone fucking cries like a little bitch. This is why the difference is that I don't cry, I would simply be a fucking asshole and not give a shit about the other platforms because Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo shouldn't. They should only care about their own platform and eco-system which is what Sony and Nintendo have always done but Microsoft has to be the nice guy? Fucking why? Because they have more money? So fucking what? Maybe Sony should try achieving being a trillion dollar company and pony up some fucking cash to buy a top tier main event level shit instead of mobile studios.

The real truth is that PlayStation fans never ever want to see Microsoft or Xbox do anything no matter what they do. The whole do from within is such bullshit because nearly ALL of Sony's top tier studios were acquired. The only two major studios that weren't were Santa Monica and Polyphony Digital. People are just mad because Microsoft can do what Sony has done but at a far greater level.

The worse part is PlayStation fans believing that they're somehow someway entitled to games from publishers that they don't own a mother fucking thing to. Can't be entitled to something that isn't fucking yours. Period. You want Sony to have ABK for example, then maybe they being Sony should have ponied up $70B in cash. Not my problem or Microsoft's problem that they've been around for twice as long as Microsoft and can't even hit $100B in market cap value. That's purely a Sony problem. No one else's.

Also, the best part is when I see the majority here say that Microsoft and Xbox sucks, they never release any games (even though they actually fucking do) they have mismanagement and leadership issues yet everyone cries when they acquire a studio or a publisher but why? If they're so incompetent then why are PlayStation fans so scared? Is it because these fans truly never want actual competition and just want Sony to dominate forever? Is that it? Because I don't see any other reason and the removing games is bullshit anyway and everyone here knows it but because it's NOT their side doing it, it's somehow bad. It's not. You want to play the other games? It's simple, buy the other fucking box. What's the problem? What's the issue? There isn't any at all.

I don't care about Microsoft's revenue, profits or lack there of like so many here are always talking about or Sony for that matter. None of it is going in my account so why would I care? What I do care about is subscriptions, preferably games day one on a subscription. I don't give two shits about ownership which is highly overrated anyway. What's the point in completing a game and then watching it sit on your shelf decreasing in value with every passing day (unless it's some rare collector's item) and more so, will never be taken off the shelf since it's not going to be played again.

For disc based games, I buy > play > complete > trade in > move on. For any digital purchases, it's for two reasons - one being if there's no disc release for like months or years later, im not waiting to play the game or if I know there will be expansions, etc. post launch, then it's simply more convenient.

Game Pass is great for me. Ubisoft+ should hopefully do the same. But here's a positive for you, if publishers were to have a subscription service on consoles and include their games day one and im not required to stay subscribed for any long period of time, then I don't need or want Microsoft to acquire any publisher but because publishers are greedy as is Microsoft, Sony and everyone else, im greedy too. I want what's best for me. Period.

The only reasons why I even care about ABK is 1) Diablo IV can go in Game Pass and future expansions in Ultimate hopefully, 2) I want COD to be a platform as I don't care about it. I don't want to see 10+ studios wasting away on one game every year. It's ridiculous. 3) Having COD and Blizzard games on Game Pass would help increase the market share for Xbox. Is it going to come close to PlayStation? Not a shot in hell even if COD was exclusive. 4) The more market share they gain, the more subscribers they'll gain to Game Pass which means I will get more day one games in the service. You guys can have the third party games day one as I'll always take Game Pass day one over any type of timed exclusivity which doesn't benefit me in any way, shape or form. 5) Getting ABK even with concessions means that a small studio will be no problem and a smaller publisher like a Sega or a Ubisoft or a Capcom shouldn't be an issue because if the giant one goes through, no reason for the small one not to. And this is all connected to Game Pass for me.

To me, there's just way too much fake concern. First, Microsoft isn't buying everything because yes, even they have a limit of what they will spend. Second, not every company is going to say yes or outside of probably Ubisoft, no other publisher is really in any trouble money wise or with sexual allegations and whatnot. Third, Microsoft isn't limiting or restricting anyone from play their games. Just like with Sony, it's all about getting users into their platform and eco-system. How do you accomplish this? By having exclusive games and content.

No one is restricted from playing anything that they want to play. If anything, PlayStation fans due to being so spoiled and entitled would simply rather bitch about not having games on PlayStation as opposed to being a normal human being who'll just buy the other platform in order to play the games they want to play. Which I find hilarious because if you don't want to buy the other console, then that tells me the games were never all that important to begin with.

I'm 44. I don't restrict myself. If other so called gamers want due to that out of fake loyalty to companies that don't even know they exist, that's up to them. But that's not on Microsoft just like it's not on Sony or me or anyone else. I own both and play both. Will never understand why fans of either side can't do the same in order to play the games that they want to supposedly play. Sony paid for Stellar Blade to be a fully PlayStation 5 exclusive when it was announced for Xbox years ago. You don't see me crying about it. I will simply buy and play it on my PlayStation 5. Why can't PlayStation fans do the same? Why is it so fucking hard to buy and own the other console so when there's an exclusive game that you want to play, you can do so instead of crying and bitching and moaning.

But whatever, to each their own. Just like other people's opinions will never change, neither will mine.
All of that COULD happen... or the rest of us will just continue to play and enjoy the games we love on the systems we want, without MS meddling in and disrupting the entire games industry and all of its consumers.

i think the latter will prevail. :LOL:

P

peter42O

It’s pathetic that you think that way, and also hilarious that you think it would boost XBox instead of killing any exclusives they bought.

Also amazingly stupid to think the publishers want to make those deals when it’s clear they’ll make much more money on PlayStation.

You don't think that tens of millions of gamers wouldn't buy an Xbox Series X or S if GTA 6 was exclusive to it? Games and IP's are will always be far more valuable than any box. Period. 95% of consumers will go where the games they want to play the most. The top 2 outside of free to play is GTA and COD. You really believe that people would skip GTA 6 just because you have to buy an Xbox? Come on man.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
All of that COULD happen... or the rest of us will just continue to play and enjoy the games we love on the systems we want, without MS meddling in and disrupting the entire games industry and all of its consumers.

i think the latter will prevail. :LOL:
You say some really dumb things on here, but that post was not one of them.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters