Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They’ll do it if the money is right. However the compensation for the lost sales is likely so extreme it no longer makes business sense resulting in a loss position for the money hatter. It’s likely why we haven’t seen much of this from MS this Gen.
It's probably why even Sony, with their strong market position, has mainly done just timed exclusives for their bigger deals. I mainly only see a situation where MS does a bunch of timed exclusives vs the "nuclear option" if Microsoft wanted a path forward in the event the deal is blocked. They might also try to buy publishers that have a ton of sought after ips but are small enough to where regulators wouldn't care if they bought them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmunter

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
View attachment 398

At least you'll have some games, bitch!

this article is from 2017.

6 years, and still the same old song and dance.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Seems like a judge just approved Sony's request for an extension on the subpoena documents. The judge also chastised Microsoft for demanding irrelevant data.

View attachment 396
Wait, so the judge blocked Microsoft from forcing Sony to hand over their entire playbook? It looks like Sonys response to the judge but I could be wrong.
This is the part in the anime arc where the hero clearly has the upper hand and the villain knows it so he decides he’s just going to blow the planet up out of spite.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Wait, so the judge blocked Microsoft from forcing Sony to hand over their entire playbook? It looks like Sonys response to the judge but I could be wrong.
This is the part in the anime arc where the hero clearly has the upper hand and the villain knows it so he decides he’s just going to blow the planet up out of spite.
I think the 'blow up the planet' part happens if the deal doesn't go through.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I was reading through the pdf I linked and it looks like they were given an extension until Feb 10.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
In this case, it'd just be a very loud and angry fart by Phil Spencer.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I was reading through the pdf I linked and it looks like they were given an extension until Feb 10.
And by that time, the CMA is expected to share its findings.

I'm very confident that Sony wants the CMA to go first. They're banking on the CMA sharing structural remedies, at which point the deal will be essentially dead and Sony won't have to share anything.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
And by that time, the CMA is expected to share its findings.

I'm very confident that Sony wants the CMA to go first. They're banking on the CMA sharing structural remedies, at which point the deal will be essentially dead and Sony won't have to share anything.
Yeah, I think the fact that their two biggest regulatory peers have gone before them in giving their thoughts and have provided varying levels of resistance/hesitation to approving the deal MIGHT make them more comfortable with at least demanding concessions.

Reactions: Heisenberg007

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
lol I can't, these Xbox fans so desperate :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot-20230204-041648-Firefox.jpg
@peter42O is here acting so nice but he shows his true colors elsewhere 😒

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Seems like a judge just approved Sony's request for an extension on the subpoena documents. The judge also chastised Microsoft for demanding irrelevant data.

View attachment 396
This vendetta against Sony is looking real bad after they said Nintendo and Sony were not competitors but allies. They've been attacking Sony publicly for months now. CMA, FTC and EC should block it just because of that.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
This vendetta against Sony is looking real bad after they said Nintendo and Sony were not competitors but allies. They've been attacking Sony publicly for months now. CMA, FTC and EC should block it just because of that.

Their attempts to shift negative attention to Sony, and away from themselves, has been so transparent too. Sure, it's working with the die-hard XBox fans, but not for anyone else and certainly not with regulators.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
@peter42O is here acting so nice but he shows his true colors elsewhere 😒
That's really disappointing @peter42O, taking even more games away from the user base is not the solution,i expected better from you.

If you want to play that game, you can forget about ever Seeing Volcano high on your Xbox, rest in peace Biach.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
What's going on
Why reeeeeeera user's are having meltdown lol
Did something happen to the deal 🤔
The usual, melting down over somebody farting wrong.

But seorusly somebody posted a report where some lawyers are syaing CMA possibly taking strong stance that ms may not like. We already knew CMA being negative, but just anothe perspective to fuel the fire.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The 70bn will be used on getting ownership of IP and assets. If it fails in gaming, the company will look elsewhere. Had the ABK purchase gone through, it would have hidden the lack of growth in the division (Bethesda did its job for a year).