Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
View attachment 1689

Phil claims the merger is about mobile. If it's about mobile, why jot keep everything multiplat?
Isn't it easier to drive profit and margin if you put your games on the WAY more popular platform? WTF is this reasoning? 😂

I'm honestly beginning to believe Phil isn't just a liar, but he doesn't realize he's a liar and he's actually just that stupid. But socially capable enough to rise the ranks at a nerd company like MS.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Is Phil Stupid?

What about the 70% that Sony dont capture, ya know the 70% that goes to MS?
Is he saying that 70% in no way was used to help with them acquiring ABK?

WTF does he think Sony was going to do with that 30% split.
His unit has never made profit, salty lil sad man.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
Don't. He doesn't care about you.

Anyway, how it went at the court against MS? Good, bad?
He might be a slimy exec and all that, but spending the entire day on the stand must be tiring
On your question, I missed part of today, but in comparison to yesterday, I think the questioning so far kept in the same baseline, Bond seems like the one Exec who handled themselves the best

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Phil has specified his previous statement, future COD titles will be available to all future playstation consoles*

Yeah but downgraded from an oath to a promise.

I made pinky promises as a kid. A lot of them got broken.
View attachment 1689

Phil claims the merger is about mobile. If it's about mobile, why not keep everything multiplat?

You already know why :(

As for my take...well I think Phil did hold his ground better than Matt, Pete and Sarah. The FTC lawyer kind of needing to get redirected by Phil and then shut out on that last question by the judge wasn't a great look; hope he presents more confidently later or if he can't, just have someone else go up to someone like Phil (who is a very tough nut to crack, given his experience in his position).

Though overall I think the FTC are getting a good deal of evidence showing how Microsoft often contradict themselves, and have actions more recently with acquired content not far removed from expressed leaked intentions of "competition" that rely on mass consolidation that could therein enable practice of anticompetitive practices to squeeze out smaller competitors.

Is Phil Stupid?

What about the 70% that Sony dont capture, ya know the 70% that goes to MS?
Is he saying that 70% in no way was used to help with them acquiring ABK?

WTF does he think Sony was going to do with that 30% split.

Hookers and drugs.

Obviously.

• haha
Reactions: Loy310

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Watching Judge Corley's actions

Evil Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
FTC lawyer asked Phil if he would agree to continue shipping things like Diablo on Playstation as well and not just COD. Phil kind of dodged that one.
Yes, the FTC lawyer was asking more broadly about Activision games in general. Phil skilfully brought the conversation back to CoD. "I just want to be clear... CoD will remain on PlayStation."

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
He might be a slimy exec and all that, but spending the entire day on the stand must be tiring
On your question, I missed part of today, but in comparison to yesterday, I think the questioning so far kept in the same baseline, Bond seems like the one Exec who handled themselves the best
No more tiring then spending his day on a PR tour of lies.
I guess the ftc has annoyed the judge. They need to be more strategic and less aggressive.

Looks like employing her son has pleased her.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nitro and Bryank75